What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Umm...another lesson to learn would be to unbolt the master from the booster and bend it out of the way some (don't kink the lines) but you can bend them and not take the lines loose from the master, now you have to bleed the brakes

I already had to bleed them because I put on a new brake line for my passenger caliper! That would have been the thing to do if I had'nt already tapped into the lines when I replaced the hose on the caliper! Thanks though!

Oh good, no worries then, just be careful of drippng fluid from the breach at the master...alot of people don't know that brake fluid wrecks paint

Yeah I know brake fluid messes paint up. Someone poured a bottle of it all over a buddies car one time! An ex-girlfriends new boyfriend or someshat! It was messed up!

i fixed one headlight and screwed other up and then broke my light switch i think great day

I had found a low mileage P1SC Procharger head unit for $400 locally, but when the guy sent the pics it was standard rotation.

Found out why my moonroof wasnt closeing unless you pull the headliner panel acouple inches..Was making alot of ratteling(system) when the roof was closed. Tightened up the pass side screw for a brace of some kind..Stopped the ratteling and now it closes as it should. And lubed the sliders.

Fixed my rearview mirror ratteling problem.

lubed all hinges

Fixed up some wireing.

Fixed my pass side inner fender liner only to find out i hit a huge uneven paved surface and messed up my drivers side fender liner and knocked the side of the bumper allittle.(bottomed out BAD)..But it is fixable unlike the pass side when it broke.

Replaced rusted out subframe support bracket, replaced zip ties holding power steering lines in place, installed SCP front suspension support braces, lubed ball joints and strut springs inside and out to remove squeaking, replaced battery post connector which was useless.

Yay, car rides high and proud now.

Fixed my fender liners for good...I'm very happing the way they turned out. No more broken liners or bum per brackets

I had found a low mileage P1SC Procharger head unit for $400 locally, but when the guy sent the pics it was standard rotation.

Sorry I don't know too much but I plan on doing some sort of supercharger in the near future. So I am trying to learn a little bit about them! What do you mean it was standard rotation? What is the difference and how can you tell what is what? Thanks whoever answers these!;)

Today I discovered the cars top speed....... its higher then I thought. Lets just say a C5 Z06 Vette wont be able to pull away. He can get there a bit faster though. :lol:

my seat 98 lsc :(

my mom used my car and im a tard and did not turn off easy entry on profile 2 now i need a seat track anyone know where i can get one? send it off or anyone have one they can see go?

There's a tread on how to rebuild them...usually just clean the brushes and it'll work again

I am looking for a box of matches and can of gas to light my 94 mark on fire. It has electrical demons that are driving me crazy!!

Rotated my tires on the '96 and tried to fix my p/s door panel. The pull handle has been acting like it's trying to pull free so I took the panel off to see what the problem was. Turns out the plastic around the door handle has started to crack all to pieces. I put Gorilla super glue on all the cracks and I'm going to leave it over night to see if it at least shores it up a little. If not, I need a door panel. Has anyone got a GEN1 p/s door panel in light grey they can sell for a decent price? The cheapest one I could find on fleabay was $75 plus $55 for shipping:eek:! OMG I can't afford that! If not, I'm thinking of trying some fiberglass cloth to reinforce the inner door panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm talking about:

door panel 1.jpg door panel 2.jpg door panel 3.jpg

Anybody else ever had this problem? I didn't want to start a whole new thread on it so I just asked here. Thanks again.

door panel 1.jpg

door panel 2.jpg

door panel 3.jpg

You should definitely fiber glass that. It looks easy to get to and its way stronger than glue.

Yeppers. That's what I'm planning to do. I'm going to get the fiberglass cloth and resin on my way home from work today and work on it when I get home. Hopefully it will be ready to re-install tomorrow. I've also got to get some contact cement to put the vinyl upholstery back onto the plastic since it's come loose. Also, my "door ajar" warning came on the other day and hasn't gone off yet. I've WD-40's the hell out of the latch and it's still there. Anybody know where that sensor is? While I've got the door panel off, I may as well try to fix that too. Thanks.

Yeppers. That's what I'm planning to do. I'm going to get the fiberglass cloth and resin on my way home from work today and work on it when I get home. Hopefully it will be ready to re-install tomorrow. I've also got to get some contact cement to put the vinyl upholstery back onto the plastic since it's come loose. Also, my "door ajar" warning came on the other day and hasn't gone off yet. I've WD-40's the hell out of the latch and it's still there. Anybody know where that sensor is? While I've got the door panel off, I may as well try to fix that too. Thanks.

WD-40 never worked for me either. By the hinges, there is a plunger with a nut around it. I turned the nut about a quarter turn to the left and the door ajar bs went away.

WD-40 never worked for me either. By the hinges, there is a plunger with a nut around it. I turned the nut about a quarter turn to the left and the door ajar bs went away.

Aha!!! I thought that's where it was. I messed with that plunger some yesterday. I didn't turn it, though. I just sprayed it and punched it in vigorously a few times hoping it would losen up a bit. I'll try turning it this time and see what happens.:)

Edit: It didn't work. :(

took off the coolant crossover tube and sanded it and painted it black again!

Looks way better! ill get some pics.!

Members online

No members online now.
Back