What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Swapped the marauder timing cover out for my old powdercoated viii cover, installed my A/C system, adjusted the FPR, and began my tint project. 5% all the way around.

Next Friday, the front end gets rebuilt.

Gotta LOVE Moog's warranty.

Mike

I finally got it TINTED!!:headbang:
The b@stard would not do limo on the doors but it still looks great.

I priced new cats for mine. Almost $400.00:( Oh well. Any california approved options for me that anyone knows of?

Honestly, you could probably take the cats off the car, sell 'em on Ebay for the platinum and make almost enough to buy new ones.

That's illegal, EPA prohibits the resale of catalytic convertors, with fines of up to $2500 per violation!

did my audio install and took my extra set of seats to the upholstery shop to get custom leather and embroidery done

driller!

where did you purchase your height module and is it still available, like the setup!!!

That's illegal, EPA prohibits the resale of catalytic convertors, with fines of up to $2500 per violation!

They prohibit resale for reuse, not resale for scrap. And actually, they can legally be tested, recertified, and reused - I haven't heard of anyone bothering to do that, but it is within the realm of legality.

thats funny when i was working at the auto recycler, i sold a set of 2002 BMW M3 cats...well both manifolds it was a 2 piece design for the inline engine this was done on ebay

i got my new rims and tires on finally! 255\45\18 just got to finish sound dampening car and installing subs amps. started a progress thread but i just dont have time to take pics and such, i will show finished car though

opps forgot the pic

car rims.jpg

Looked at it as I went to work in my 4 cyl econobox. It will be going into the shop to get the crappy Walbro replaced with an SVT Focus pump next Tuesday.

The chrome wheel well nastyness slows the car down due to reduced aerodynamics.

im afraid to take it off and see what it looks like underneath.!

There is paint under the trim.
Mine are off and long gone.

You can kinda see were there were but it looks 100% better, so would yours.

Took some pics!

A quick pic of the tint.
Now I just need my cobrstar centercap decals and I'm almost finished.

Tint Driver side.jpg

Tint FP.jpg

Tried to drive the '96 to work this morning only to find that the rear end was on the frakkin ground. And I couldn't get it to pump back up. Dam leaky springs are finally gone I think. Time for some new ones. They are 14 years old after all. I have a set of spare used rear springs that have been in storage for several years. If they aren't a dry rotted mess I'll probably stick them on until I can get new ones.

Tried to drive the '96 to work this morning only to find that the rear end was on the frakkin ground. And I couldn't get it to pump back up. Dam leaky springs are finally gone I think. Time for some new ones. They are 14 years old after all. I have a set of spare used rear springs that have been in storage for several years. If they aren't a dry rotted mess I'll probably stick them on until I can get new ones.
Ah, so the goop finnaly went in the valves huh? Or did it gunk up the compressor? I am curious to know exactly why its on the ground.

Hows that Green Slime working out for ya??? :D

Members online

Back