What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

2 for Tuesday.jpg2 for Tuesday 2.jpgPulled my CE out of storage. Looks like the day I put it in there. The 97, and CE are the same paint, but look a little different.

2 for Tuesday.jpg

2 for Tuesday 2.jpg

replaced my bent trans dipstick tube with a used one and new O ring today, hopefully no more trans leaks *fingers crossed*

Took her out for a quick stretch of the legs. Nothing very long. Just a quick jog on the freeway and mostly in town.

And put this center console button on I got from a fellow member.

img20150501_152900.jpg

img20150501_152900.jpg

Did a little midnight repair and took apart the drivers door panel to fix some noises. Carefully tightened up all the little plastic nuts and bolts behind door panel itself, used some padding on a couple areas and adhered it w/ adhesive, wrapped some wires w/ foam tape where they were making contact on things.. That type of stuff.

It's a lot better now. :)

Air Conditioning went out last summer. New Compressor with accumulator and system flush. Works great now.
Changed the vacuum T fitting in the back, was dry and cracking. New PCV,764 Plugs, Shaved down air intake.

O2 Sensors going in this week, paying for it.

Did a little midnight repair and took apart the drivers door panel to fix some noises. Carefully tightened up all the little plastic nuts and bolts behind door panel itself, used some padding on a couple areas and adhered it w/ adhesive, wrapped some wires w/ foam tape where they were making contact on things.. That type of stuff.

It's a lot better now. :)

I'll also add..

I found a lot of noise was generated when hitting the lowest portion of both door panels in the very center. I used a 1"x2" long piece of trunk carpet, 2 layers (layers will vary) and slid it under the panel lip (flush w/ bottom) with adhesive under it. You want it to be a firm fit, pry it out a hair if it will help get the material under it. Noise gone.

Hit the spot and then hit it while pressing on the spot to see if there's a difference. If there is, try doing what I did. :)

d132e0b9-1df4-4e3c-b698-9c123451fae0_zpsyprkejhp.jpg

Replaced my passenger side ddm slim hid ballast in the 95 did tge drivers side about a month ago.
They lasted almost exactly 3 years bulbs still working great.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgYesterday was a busy day! I did a wash, and then about five hours worth of Meguiars polishing compound by hand, since I lack a random orbital or a DA, and my father didn't have one either, much to my surprise. Apparently he's been doing it by hand all this time too. Sucked really bad, but then sealed with gold class carnauba, and man this 20 year old paint still comes alive. I've got a very small spot under the drivers quarter window where the clear is starting to delaminate, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that without actually painting the car. For now, it's a good five footer, and I could still shave in the hood/doors/roof/everywhere else if I wanted too.

Besides that, I also oiled the power antenna, which is slightly bent and needs all the help it can get away this point, and greased the sunroof. Also, I took the opportunity to break down the changer in the trunk again and do some more lasting cleaning and preventative maintenance. These older Sony changers are not my favorite thing in the world to work on, by the way, but I have a lot of CDs still, and I need that thing. Turned over 108k yesterday as well, and still loving life. I'm happy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
on a side note, some guy dented my passenger side door 2 weeks ago when his door caught wind and flung open..luckily i so happened to see him park and walked past him in the parking lot and noticed the ding in my door as i walked past my car. confronted him and he admitted it, just took it in to get PDR'd and he paid for it 100%. good to know there are still some good people in this world..

Air Conditioning went out last summer. New Compressor with accumulator and system flush. Works great now.
Changed the vacuum T fitting in the back, was dry and cracking. New PCV,764 Plugs, Shaved down air intake.

O2 Sensors going in this week, paying for it.

Did your own work on the AC compressor? Mine has been out since I bought the car, but luckily in my town we don't really need it.

Members online

Back