What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

scavenged parts off a wrecked 95 LSC: bumper covers (need TLC, esp back), door ext trim strips (pass side is in bad shape), shifter and stereo beezles; chrome brow, corner light, weather stripping, air box rubber boot, hood release metal strap, sun visors, amp

Got another one hauled away to the scrap yard.

20130914_174226.jpg

20130914_174226.jpg

So I got a Continental that I am gonna scrap soon. Do these JY pay by what they are worth by weight? I called several JY and said they would give me 310-425. Told them it's running but with 226K... but it seems like they are only giving me scrap value. And since you (markviiiedrea) removed most parts off, did they weight your car and pay you for the metal still there or did it go for free?

So I got a Continental that I am gonna scrap soon. Do these JY pay by what they are worth by weight? I called several JY and said they would give me 310-425. Told them it's running but with 226K... but it seems like they are only giving me scrap value. And since you (markviiiedrea) removed most parts off, did they weight your car and pay you for the metal still there or did it go for free?

I'd take the $425 for scrap, take the door handles and HVAC before they come get it.

The last shell that whent to the yard was just a shell and I got $60 for the weight of it in scrap.

Had something odd happen this morning. Floored it to pass and my dash went completely dark, then came back on and my TC Off light was on as well as the ABS light. Havent had time to look into it yet but if anyone has an idea id appreciate the advice.

Had something odd happen this morning. Floored it to pass and my dash went completely dark, then came back on and my TC Off light was on as well as the ABS light. Havent had time to look into it yet but if anyone has an idea id appreciate the advice.

Hmmmm...almost sounds like your alternator might be acting silly.

Hmmm, don't floor it!

Sorry, I guess Sapp's rubbing off on me! But I threw up a little also. That's diiirrrrtttyyy!

DDM Tuning HID's in 5000k came in today. They had the pins installed backwards, negative to positive and vice versa so they didn't work at first. Unlocked the pins in the harness and repinned it and they came on like the sun. Can't wait til dark to see how cool they look.

Went to HESS and give him my Debit card while saying fill it with 93.

Look out window see him still yamering in what ever language he speaks to the person he is talking to on Cell as he took my card. Wouldn't ya know I have to jump outta my car and shut off the pump cause he puts in 87 :Bang

I sit there leaning on my car for quite some time before he reappears with a WTH look on his face and I tell him 93 not regular. He apologized profusely and I filled up with 1.5 gal of regular and the rest 93... :rolleyes:

Congratulations ep

Ocho that's common they even mentioned it on there site mine were also backwards

2002 I get to pump my own gas :)

I have those mufflers on my 95 GT, they are way quieter than the flowmaster 40s that were on it before. Good tone without being to much IMO.

I have those mufflers on my 95 GT, they are way quieter than the flowmaster 40s that were on it before. Good tone without being to much IMO.
well good, I have 40's on the brown car, and I can get the exhaust from a 95 LSC up 75 from Acworth...do you think I should do a muffled x pipe in the middle? or it will be quiet enough without it? I know the cross flow is a good thing, muffled or not

Look out window see him still yamering in what ever language he speaks to the person he is talking to on Cell as he took my card. Wouldn't ya know I have to jump outta my car and shut off the pump cause he puts in 87 :Bang

I sit there leaning on my car for quite some time before he reappears with a WTH look on his face and I tell him 93 not regular. He apologized profusely and I filled up with 1.5 gal of regular and the rest 93... :rolleyes:

I put the cheap stuff in most of the time! Owned her for 14 years now. She loves it! Every once in a while I'll through in a tank of premo, but not often. No sense in feed'n her the expensive stuff when the cheap stuff does her just fine!! I'm talking about the gas!...Hell....talking about anything! This girl is cheap and I LOVE HER!!!!! Maybe that's why my wife hate's her because I love her!...hhhmmmmm.

Man, talk about having a bad day..

I put the cheap stuff in most of the time! Owned her for 14 years now. She loves it! Every once in a while I'll through in a tank of premo, but not often. No sense in feed'n her the expensive stuff when the cheap stuff does her just fine!! I'm talking about the gas!...Hell....talking about anything! This girl is cheap and I LOVE HER!!!!! Maybe that's why my wife hate's her because I love her!...hhhmmmmm.

I can't put in 87, just feels like a complete turd. I've been filling with 89 lately and it's still not the same. If the gas wasn't at .20 increments between grades i'd get be getting 93. It's not that I can't afford to put it in, It's just doesn't make sense to spend that extra $3 per fillup on a 16 yo car with 150k+ miles. I can go inside and get a couple candy bars and a sody pop for that much. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back