What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Take out a nice insurance policy for it and get that thing cooking..maybe you'll get $2k for it.

20130913_154749_zpse3adbc31.jpg

I don't know about other people's experience with arnott solenoids, but the ones I got were those and they don't fit the mark viii. They are town car solenoids. The tabs are too small and the airlines also don't fit. The mark viii lines are very slightly larger, you could force them but it isn't proper. Compare your new solenoid with the mark viii one.

mwHthILQkJp6bkfj6tlSWVg.jpg

something like rotten eggs? cats? your car has way over 200k?...are you trying to kill it?

yea the rotten egg smell but mainly electronic smell and 303k now and were letting it slowly let the tranny and engine go were doing reg maintnence but once those go were doing 100% new engine and tranny wise

This acts as soapy water but it doesn't just drip right off, its more viscous so it stays on the bag.

Yes, I loaded the suspension on both sides with a jack stand and no bubbles.

Both shocks look like this at the bottom of the bags:

20130913_140818_zps19ea758b.jpg

they look wet cause of the leak dector.

That bag above isn't down all the way and if it was leaking, you never would see the bubbles if it was setting at parking height. The fold can sometimes hold a crack that you can't see when the car is raised up.

This was one of the old bags that I replaced.

PassengersSide.jpg

If this one was aired up real good, it wouldn't leak but once it settled a little, then it would be down within 2 days. You can see on yours at the bottom where the rubber is meeting the metal and the lite rust spots. The rubber can only take so much of that rubbing. If you look on mine, you can see where the rubber was wearing off onto the plastic over time. I bet the leak is in your fold somewhere.

That bag above isn't down all the way and if it was leaking, you never would see the bubbles if it was setting at parking height. The fold can sometimes hold a crack that you can't see when the car is raised up.

That was after I uncompressed the shock.

I just found the problem and am kind lost as to how it happened........

Passenger side bag with the leak see if you can spot it(the leak detector kind of gives it away:

20130914_122656_zps5d160dbf.jpg

Drivers side:

20130914_123435_zpsce61212c.jpg

Just ordered the last set of motorcraft bags off amazon, I'm staying on air:dancefool

160 for a new windshield on the brown car, bravo mi amigo!
---
0914120145.jpg
----
also reinstalled hood, reattached the audio acc. tray in the trunk, spray painted wiper arms

0914120145.jpg

Are those connectors able to be clocked 180 out? I mean the solenoid, can it be intalled 180 degrees from where they are now to get them away from the bag. That kind of clearance does not seem right and it has been a while since I have been under my Mark.

Are those connectors able to be clocked 180 out? I mean the solenoid, can it be intalled 180 degrees from where they are now to get them away from the bag. That kind of clearance does not seem right and it has been a while since I have been under my Mark.

Probably but those solenoids fit so tight that it was easier to put them in the bags when they were out of the car.

So probably.... i will not happen with the new ones:D the drivers one is still good if anyone needs one drivers bag.

So at work look out at my Mark and see a long white strip on the inner tread to sidewall area :(

Go out and yeah it's wearing thru to he cords with a 40 mile drive home yet to go. Take the back roads home just in case it does blow out I will be doing 35 or 45 instead of Mach speeds. New lower ball joints came in FedX yesterday so gotta instal em ASAP.

On the worse hand I noticed some ugly looking fractures in he powder coating by the lugs going out to the spokes. Gonna show it to my coating guy since he was gonna redo the one back wheel that chipped on me.

Now I'm thinking of changing rim color since I have to do 3 rims. What's everybody think on White rims on a White Mark VIII :confused:

i went to pull a part to scrounge some small stuff and noticed they had longblock on sale for $40 + a $10 core charge. i was at what i thought was the only mark at the yard which had nothing worth pulling. and my buddy comes runnin tellin me they just set one out, not expecting much i come upon a dark portofino blue/ gray int. 95 that was t-boned on the pass side and pushed into something on the drivers side. the interior is excellent and complete including cargo net and floor mats(which i might get and dye black). 98k on the odom. this car was well maintained and looks to be garage kept. motor feels good and is clean enough to eat off of along with the under carriage. so i spent all day dropping the motor(first time) and ran out of time.suspension is all new so i bought the rear shocks and rear sway bar links and got them on my 94 which made a big difference. but ill be there ready when they open tomorrow to get the motor. i might grab the grill its broke at the top but fixable and non visable

Black, gun metal or bronze would look pretty sickly on a white car.

Were Flat Black when I got em and didn't look good. So I went with Black Chrome but I'm kinda outta that Black anything point now.

I do have a set of valve covers for the car done in Candy Blue Metallic and was thinking do the rims that color but it would wind up looking like a Street Bike possibly?

These are the Valve covers I had done at the time my Rims were done.
Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.33.38 PM.jpg
I saw this Motorcycle rim and thought about doing that color on my rims too but may be to ricey?
Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.34.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.33.38 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 12.34.24 PM.jpg

Started the 98 today, let it warm up for a min or two and put it in reverse. Car started surging like it wanted to stall........Could it be the IAC? it's been doing it off an on for 2 weeks now and I don't know what it is.

Also cleaned and re-oiled my K&n filter so I'm gonna go clean the MAF now to make sure there's no filter oil on it.

changed out all four air springs and all three height sensors yesterday. Now she is sitting perfectly. Washed her today. She cleans up nicely. Now I just need to fix the brake line and I will be good to go. Also something weird happened. The Lincoln's remote stopped working but now the Cougar's remote works on the Lincoln too. That's strange...

Today was my son's 5 year old birthday party so I went to Super K mart to buy him some toys. I go to put the toys in my trunk and notice somebody had very lightly keyed Deiana on my trunk. I have no idea if it was there when I bought it, or just happened or when it ever happened. I never really looked at the trunk lid closely before. This sucks but its so faint so it isn't killing me inside. In addition, I will be getting her repainted in the near future, within 6 months because the clear is going away in a lot of places.

got her low beams working and was looking at the coils and wires and now im 99% sure their origional i dont know about the plugs but their probably origional

Started the 98 today, let it warm up for a min or two and put it in reverse. Car started surging like it wanted to stall........Could it be the IAC? it's been doing it off an on for 2 weeks now and I don't know what it is.

Also cleaned and re-oiled my K&n filter so I'm gonna go clean the MAF now to make sure there's no filter oil on it.

Check fuel filter if it hasn't been changed recently. Maybe fuel pressure at the rail as well. Mine used to surge at idle occasionally until I changed the fuel filter.

Gotta post a pic, but I put a blue electrolucminescent strip around the shifter bezel. It's seriously cool. Took some pics last night but I've got to upload them to the computer so I can post them here. It looks awesome :)

Also washed her yesterday. She cleans up nice :) But I gotta quit parking under that damn pecan tree!

Oh yeah, also scored some headlight adjuster screws at the local pull a aprt Saturday. We went to get a fender, signal light and headlight bracket off a '97 T-Bird to fix the Cougar's deer damage and I got the adjuster screws while I was in there. So now I can properly adjust and aim my headlights once I get them installed. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back