What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Did my final touches today for the Fun Ford Weekend car show at Famoso tomorrow. I think that I can honestly say that this car is 99% spotless. I found some new interior conditioner that is super shiny and it looks outstanding. I did an entire interior detail today and tidied up under the hood. Also installed new hood lifters since I'm in and out of it ALL the time. They look great and are quite a bit stiffer than the old ones. Tomorrow is the only show that has a class for the ol' gal to be judged in. Here's hoping!!!

Finally got my dead Butt down to Grease my front end with the new Harbor Freight Air Assist gun I got last week.

Greased UCA'S and SBL's while noticing I do have grease fittings on my tie rod ends but couldn't get to them because of the wider front rims.

Bad part is now the I greased the uppers the steering got a lot easier and no creaking when the air ride lets down :woowoo2:

bought some UCA's from the auction site, thx to Trippen for the link...I wasn't gonna r/r UCA's at this time, but the part # for Cougar/T-bird is about $30 less per side (due to the ball stud for air shock)

All greased up yesterday and going through White Castle drive through at 1:30am this morning I hear creaking still!

Filled up w/ 93 for the first time in 3 months. Much more responsive. :) Don't ask why. Also yanked out my box and threw in some polyfill. They weren't sounding up to par, so if this doesn't do it I'll once again yank out a new sub stage and throw my type r's back in. Think this will be the 4th time in the last year and a half i've had to revert back to them. Sigh...

Filled up w/ 93 for the first time in 3 months. Much more responsive. :) Don't ask why. Also yanked out my box and threw in some polyfill. They weren't sounding up to par, so if this doesn't do it I'll once again yank out a new sub stage and throw my type r's back in. Think this will be the 4th time in the last year and a half i've had to revert back to them. Sigh...

That's funny, I've had virtually the same system since 2002...

Today, I drove a couple hundred miles round trip to Fun Ford Weekend Car Show at Famoso Raceway and brought home some rather cool stuff. Happy for my beautiful car and very happy for Mark VIIIs in general. WOOT!!!!!! Also picked up some primo chrome directionals from a fellow LvC'er in Ventura for another in Sacramento. FANTASTIC Mark VIII day. :D:L

Bling.jpg

Finally got my LSC trim on, so much better now.
imagejcix.jpg

imagepcdd.jpg

Went to the junkyard to grab LSC rear bumper that I had seen last month and sway bar from a thunderbird. Well the LSC was gone. Grabbed the sway bar from an 89 Thunderbird (supposed to be one of the thicker ones) and ahead to another junkyard where I know there was another LSC. Paid a pretty penny for this one since this JY charges arm and a leg for some stuff. Oh well, at least I have everything for a LSC conversion.
imagefjn.jpg

Put a new shift knob in today, and have two black(Gen 1) with chrome button ones im putting in the for sale section.

also did brake light switch

I finally got the c/e out of storage and spent first half day cleaning it up and the second half making a list of the minor things to fix and picked up 2 sets of gears NIB (3.73 & 4.30 ) to install later this year.

So last week I did my brake upgrade and at the same time I replaced my rf sway bar end link cause it started making noise (not a surprise i put a teamp in earlier in winter) but through this week it was still loud get under today to see if I screwed up.
Well I didn't but my 1.5 year old upper control arm bushings are shot that pist me off. So I replaced it with better quality one.
I believe the failed one is from scp.

last week I took my front end apart, including 'coil-over shocks', aka struts....for reinstalling them can I look at them and tell which is RH and which is LH?...while they were out I had the shock tower studs replaced with ones 1/2'' longer in case i want to raise the 1.5 lowered coils

Washed, poured some Dr. Tranny in her and some seafoam in the tank.

Washed, poured some Dr. Tranny in her and some seafoam in the tank.

Is your transmission acting up? I have 170k on mine now and it takes a little longer to get into gear than my other Mark VIIIs. Driving wise though, I see no difference at all. Maybe I just need one these cure things added so it shifts as soon as you put it in drive.

Is your transmission acting up? I have 170k on mine now and it takes a little longer to get into gear than my other Mark VIIIs. Driving wise though, I see no difference at all. Maybe I just need one these cure things added so it shifts as soon as you put it in drive.

I was starting to get a intermittent shudder so I figured I'd use a "bottle" I had laying around. I ordered 2 at once and haven't had to add the second until now (2 years).

Mine still goes into gear fine and shifts normally @ 150k. The fluid has seen its day so i'm afraid to change it. :(

Wat r some of ur measurements for box and did u have to rewire everything or still have some stock audio intact

Members online

No members online now.
Back