What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

When you get done you can swap the timing cover gasket on my 99 :)

hope its not a 5.0 cuz your supposed to pull the motor. i had to do one a year or so ago and the boss was like wtf, 20 hours. went out and looked and since you gotta drop the pan, out she came and talk about a tight fit :eek:

Finished installing a set of factory HID headlights I picked. Installed relays for both Hi and LO, and modified the flash to pass so the lo beams would stay on. Alot of work but what a difference, I'll beable to see at night again.

hope its not a 5.0 cuz your supposed to pull the motor. i had to do one a year or so ago and the boss was like wtf, 20 hours. went out and looked and since you gotta drop the pan, out she came and talk about a tight fit :eek:

Oh great

Wait.. why do you have to take the oil pan off?

pulled The White One in the garage
P4130278_zps2c5504b5.jpg

so I can r/r grill and headlights
looks like the previous owner tried to repair headlights-FAIL
P4130281_zpsd6b42ed4.jpg

-----
while removing one of the headlights, I BROKE one of the little u-shaped metal clips that slide over the stud...does anyone have
AN EXTRA HEADLIGHT RETAINER?? PM me

Hey guys got a question -- the ole 94 has been bullet proof running every day - still love it -- hard starting unless you cycle the key 3 times - thinking it might be the fuel regulator -- was wondering what kind i need --- don't want to buy junk - thanks men!! - other issues i haven't addressed yes it lockup quits after an hour or so - works great to go get pizza but 50 miles and no more until it cools and the cruise quit -- haven't checked anything yet -damn work to many hours -- ddms on low beam still hangin - love them! any help appreciated!

pulled The White One in the garage
P4130278_zps2c5504b5.jpg

so I can r/r grill and headlights
looks like the previous owner tried to repair headlights-FAIL
P4130281_zpsd6b42ed4.jpg

-----
while removing one of the headlights, I BROKE one of the little u-shaped metal clips that slide over the stud...does anyone have
AN EXTRA HEADLIGHT RETAINER?? PM me

Go to Oreilys and buy new ones i think its like 4 bucks for 2. They are dorman brand.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...43&ck=Search_42190_1430243_3332&keyword=42190

only downside is there not spring steel, like the stock ones

thanks EP...I presumed it was another obsolete item...any tips on the large black push pins that hold the underside of the bumper cover in place?

thanks EP...I presumed it was another obsolete item...any tips on the large black push pins that hold the underside of the bumper cover in place?

umm no not on those, all i can say is don't buy the ones from oreilys because with my experience they all break when pushing them into a hole

Oh great

Wait.. why do you have to take the oil pan off?

the front cover sits on the front of the oil pan gasket. theres that cork "ft half" gasket they will send you with the timing cover kit but that never works and it will leak like hell. the one i did a year ago is still bone dry. do it right and do it once, pull the engine drop the pan and r&r the front cover. you can tell it was never in fords plan to drop that engine into that platform

hard starting unless you cycle the key 3 times - thinking it might be the fuel regulator

sounds like the check valve on the fuel pump is shot

cruise quit

have you had the curse recall done? if not go to ford soon (fire bad) the cruise not working could of also popped your brake light fuse

Sigh, came out of kmart to find half my emissions tray 3" from the ground. I keep some hd zip ties in the E kit so I zip tied it back up using holes I drilled in the past. Got a couple ss straps that i'm going to try and make work...So much for not working on my car this weekend. :(

emissions tray? pics? not working on your Mark VIII one weekend? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sigh, came out of kmart to find half my emissions tray 3" from the ground. I keep some hd zip ties in the E kit so I zip tied them it back up using holes I drilled in the past. Got a couple ss straps that i'm going to try and make work...So much for not working on my car this weekend. :(

Uhh sounds like its time for a rust free evap tray.

emissions tray? pics? not working on your Mark VIII one weekend? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uhh sounds like its time for a rust free evap tray.

The tray is a newer southern replacement. The problem was the thin rusty metal cross brace(?) that the 2 forward bolts secure to. I might've ran up on something causing them to bend/snap.

I ended up rednecking the repair till I can think of a good way to secure it that doesn't involve replacement of said rusty crusty brace.

I'll just say that zip ties, a drill and some super glue can fix anything. :shifty:

Finished installing a set of factory HID headlights I picked. Installed relays for both Hi and LO, and modified the flash to pass so the lo beams would stay on. Alot of work but what a difference, I'll beable to see at night again.

Nice, glad to see another one fixed correctly!! Got any pictures?

I had to replace my bum Speedometer. Thanks to my local dealership for finding me a new NOS speedo for 104 bucks. Now its like its new, LOL.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

lit up some trees..installed and juiced my newly refurbished headlights; 5000k
P4150285_zpse436dd2c.jpg

P4150287_zps7d86e006.jpg

P4150291_zps6381c935.jpg

---
I hope these ______s don't leak!
---
still need to do the Multi Funct. sw. mod

Got the Exploder's front end "aligned" yesterday. Used the good ol' shade tree mechaninc "tape measure" method and it's about as close as it's gonna get without a machine. It drives straight, tracks straight, and brakes straight. I think it's good enough to get to the shop for a "real" alignment without destroying the tires anyway :D Also greased everyghing under the front end and had to re-tighten the frakin' retainer nuts on the P/S front wheel bearing. I don't know why they keep backing off :confused: It's irritating. All the retainer clips and lock rings are present, but every few months I'll get play in the hub and have to re-tighten everything. Oh well. Also got the CCRM out of the Cobra. PITA. It's behind the inner plastic fender well on the passenger side. I'm now convinced that's the problem. I checked the A/C compressor and the clutch is engaged. That's what happened when the VRCM blew on my '96 Mark. So I'm 99.999999999999999% sure that is the problem. So she's gonna order one Thrusday. So the Cobra should be back on the road next week and I can get my Mark back. YAY!!!

Got the Exploder's front end "aligned" yesterday. Used the good ol' shade tree mechaninc "tape measure" method and it's about as close as it's gonna get without a machine. It drives straight, tracks straight, and brakes straight. I think it's good enough to get to the shop for a "real" alignment without destroying the tires anyway :D Also greased everyghing under the front end and had to re-tighten the frakin' retainer nuts on the P/S front wheel bearing. I don't know why they keep backing off :confused: It's irritating. All the retainer clips and lock rings are present, but every few months I'll get play in the hub and have to re-tighten everything. Oh well. Also got the CCRM out of the Cobra. PITA. It's behind the inner plastic fender well on the passenger side. I'm now convinced that's the problem. I checked the A/C compressor and the clutch is engaged. That's what happened when the VRCM blew on my '96 Mark. So I'm 99.999999999999999% sure that is the problem. So she's gonna order one Thrusday. So the Cobra should be back on the road next week and I can get my Mark back. YAY!!!

Explorer a 4x4?

Members online

No members online now.
Back