What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Well. Here's the pics:

OA.jpg

OFA.jpg

OFA2.jpg

I just don't think they're close enough to risk putting the F-150 part on the car. It may work, but it might leak. That was a monster getting that sucker out. I certainly don't want to have to do it again. So it has to be done right with the right part.

OA.jpg

OFA.jpg

OFA2.jpg

20130311_162734.jpg

Glued all the tabs back together with Gorilla glue, hope this'll hold it for a while.

Well. Here's the pics:

View attachment 828454755

View attachment 828454756

View attachment 828454757

I just don't think they're close enough to risk putting the F-150 part on the car. It may work, but it might leak. That was a monster getting that sucker out. I certainly don't want to have to do it again. So it has to be done right with the right part.

Lay the gaskets on top of one another, that'll give you the answer you want
But for the record, I've used both style gaskets on Marks and had trouble from neither

Hmmmm. I think I may give it a shot. I'm just concerned about the different shape of the opening and whether or not the gasket will seal properly. But if you've used that style gasket and it worked, then maybe it will be fine. There's only one way to find out.

well now both marks are down! radiator cracked at top hose. my wifes truck went down with a bad alternator drove to get a reman and smelled antifreeze when i got home.
opened hood and antifreeze by top hose.

Just bought three JL Audio 10" grilles since they're now in the wide open for things to possibly roll into them. The amps I had back there used to kinda protect them but not anymore. I might be carrying a load of Dews and if I have to slam on my brakes, I don't want a box full of 8-packs....

Photo0110.jpg

Got my new UCA's from Autozone and am now returning them :mad:

I did this same swap on my last '98 Mark and the TRW one gave out in less than 10k miles :eek2:

Went to friends shop and he ordered me to AC Delco replacements both with Zerk Grease fittings. Not going trough replacing multiple UCA's again!

Got my new UCA's from Autozone and am now returning them :mad:

I did this same swap on my last '98 Mark and the TRW one gave out in less than 10k miles :eek2:

Went to friends shop and he ordered me to AC Delco replacements both with Zerk Grease fittings. Not going trough replacing multiple UCA's again!
Why are you returning those?
---
I'm looking at rebuilding the front end on my white '96 and trying to figure out what i want...

Why are you returning those?
---
I'm looking at rebuilding the front end on my white '96 and trying to figure out what i want...Moog, AC Del, factory Ford oem, Deeza? ruled out duralast
...so you've decided on AC Delco for the CA's? how's your LCA's, sway bars or tie rod connectors?...SRB's?

As I said last Mark I did the TRW unit that came in the Duralast box and it failed in 10k miles. Te Duralast one on the right was still good at that mileage but I sold the car.

Since I went to friends shop the AC Delco's were cheaper through him and I would rather have both be from the same manufacturer. So I am returning both AutoZone units.

Other reason is because I ordered both of these units off Web to get a 20% discount. Knowledgeable salesman that I spoke with on Sunday told me order them and if they came in as non matching units again just bring them in for a return. When I brought them in today a different salesman (obviously not an auto guy what so ever) could not see the difference between the 2 units or why I wanted a different one? So I would rather just return them and not have given them my business :mad:

Other reason is because I ordered both of these units off Web to get a 20% discount.
even at 20% off, junk is junk...The AZ sales guy told me their suspension stuff is made by Moog, and I think Moog and TRW may be affiliated...?... regardless, it looks like their quality control has room for improvement...

even at 20% off, junk is junk...The AZ sales guy told me their suspension stuff is made by Moog, and I think Moog and TRW may be affiliated...?... regardless, it looks like their quality control has room for improvement...

Yeah TRW/MOOG I swear are the same thing now or something? Problem is trying to explain this to a salesman that can't see the difference between the Duralast and TRW :shifty:

All I can figure is this guy gave them a resume claiming sales greatness but has AAA cause he can't even change a tire himself :eek:

It keeps me from having to go and buy more all the time. I buy like that and I'm good for 2 to 3 weeks. Yes, I'm addicted to Dew. :)

No diabetes either lol.

Well hope you don't get it cause I just scored GOUT this weekend and you wanna talk pain :mad:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the new(ish) FL-500 oil filters on their Mark? It's a direct replacement for the FL-820S and is used on some '08 and newer Mustangs from what I'm told. The filter is smaller diameter but slightly longer than an FL-820S. It would be a LOT easier to get that filter in and out of a Mark than the big ol' FL-820S. Just a thought. And no, I haven't finished putting my Mark back together yet. Just haven't had time. Hopefully, Saturday.

Members online

Back