What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

well bought a 94 mark 8 looks like the maroon one i already have so that 3 markviii and the nav. the new one has 115 on the clock doesnt even look like its been sat in its nice paid 500. for it also picked up a 01 mustang convertible its a v6 car but i got it for 800. well i had to put in a batt no big deal.

Well trying to decide on the tires to put on the rear Cobra-R rims. Have 245/45/17's on the front with a 7.5" wide rim. The rears are 17x9" so don't wanna trip the TC.

Nice thing is we just looked at a new shop location that would make my comute 12 miles instead of 38 miles each way :cool:

Those 4:30 gears are now doable :p

Well trying to decide on the tires to put on the rear Cobra-R rims. Have 245/45/17's on the front with a 7.5" wide rim. The rears are 17x9" so don't wanna trip the TC.

Nice thing is we just looked at a new shop location that would make my comute 12 miles instead of 38 miles each way :cool:

Those 4:30 gears are now doable :p

Just encase heres a good site, you can put in rim dimensions too

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

275/40-17.
same height as a 245/45-17. fits fine on a 9" wheel. popular size. you'll have plenty of options.

located used parts...98 Cobra front calipers...58k miles; can get the rotors for $50 if I want 'em

Got through the storm. Roads were horrible, I only saw one plow all day yesterday. Pretty sure they just let it all come down before they bothered to do anything. That resulted in 20 miles of driving on rumble strips due to all the snow/ice accumulation on the roads that wasn't dealt with.

located used parts...98 Cobra front calipers...58k miles; can get the rotors for $50 if I want 'em
--
drove a long ways down Old Alabama Rd. into the mountains and onto Booze Mountain Rd.; got the '98 Cobra calps w/ brax from a JY owned by a Klan of REAL Georgia hillbillies...pins but no e-clips,washers
....I'm ditchin' the C4 calps, more bad advice- Fomoco brackets for the GM PBR's are like Bigfoot, also very expensive if there is a sighting.... hopefully I can resell 'em; or buy a Vette and have backup calps? :rolleyes:
-passed on the used JY rotors, prolly gonna get Raybestos 66844 Adv Tech 13'' discs for about 50 each...made in USA?...
---
also got a used 245/45/17 Kumho for $50...now I have 4 decent tars on the Cobra 5-spokes to pop onto the new hubs (one day this year?)

Jump started her let her run for about an hour, getting ready to pull the trans and swap to a 98 trans. Wish me luck hahaha

Oil change and checked for stuff.

Rear differential had NO fluid in it because of a leak!!

Fixing it on tuesday..damn.

Took her out last night until about 6 am and had a blast. Hit the slap and wouldn't u know contenders tried me and lost. Gotta love it. Just looking at her this afternoon and grinning knowing that this summer the green dragon will b a bit different.

All you need to do now is get the front struts replaced. Or was it the rears?
:p :D

FYI: My front air shocks are just over a year old and my rear shocks are less than a year old. Everything's cool.

However, I would like to replace my front shocks with some Motorcraft OEM's. But I can't because after giving the future ex half my tax refund, getting my tires, paying bills, and catching up credit card payments, I just don't have enough money left. :(

She is just glistening in the rain, but did a few donuts and scared my little girl was priceless.

Front brakes yesterday, no problem. Rear brakes today and they were so far gone I have to do a partial caliper rebuild. Good thing I had read LaserSVT's hassles with the uber cool screw in pistons. It's part of the parking brake assembly. I think I can get away with seals and boots.

rebuilt the front Cobra calipers; painted all calipers and brackets; ordered rear caliper rebuild kits, front rotors and ThermoQuiet pads for all wheels...the GF has had enough of this BS, she's done...next

I think my new 225/60 tires are starting to grow on me. They don't look too horribly bad and they ride quite smoothly. But they handle like crap :( The 245/50's I had beford dramatically improved the handling of the car. These 225/60's are too damn tall and too damn narrow. But they do have a 420 treadwear rating so they're good for about 40k miles. Which means I should be able to drive on them for at least 3 more years if not longer...

They dooo handle like crap but offer up a decent ride. I wish my old 19's rode like these but still maintained the same controlled feeling.

All I did was wash the wheels in the rain. So shiny now. :) Oh, and I filled it up w/ mid-grade cause gas has gone up .57 cents in 2 weeks. It aint much but it made me feel better.

I don't mind paying this much in the summer because I average 11.5-12gal fill-ups with that blend, when its this much in the winter and I end up going through 13.5-14gal per fill it pmo..

I know the feeling. I just filled mine up with premium yesterday for $3.90/gal. Took $21 bucks for about 5 effin' gallons :eek: It's sad, but I can remember when $15 bucks would fill up the 20+ gallon tank in my '69 Cougar...:( I'm trying to get into the habbit of filling up when it gets to 3/4 tank so it won't cost so much. I've also noticed that the mpg's are better if you don't let it get lower than 1/2 tank before filling up. It makes no sense, but last time I experimented with this theory, the calculator showed about 24mpg when I filled up at just over 3/4 tank. But when I let it go to 1/8 tank and filled up, I got 20mpg. It's the craziest thing...

Yay got the wipers done

20130211_094739.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back