What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

And now you've probably crushed the inner seal and bearing , use the right tool for once!

Okay:confused: Is there a different tool than the special one I bought 20 years ago specifically designed for this type of caliper when I had my '88 T-Bird Turbo or is there a new one on the market for these calipers that I don't know about?

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. Both the inner and outer pads on both calipers are wearing almost perfectly even with each other. The only problem I had was that the d/s caliper piston would not twist back in using the special tool that was specifically designed to be used with a ratchet to twist the piston back into the caliper in order to install new pads (p/s caliper piston twisted in easy peasy with no problems). I had to take the caliper off, put it in a vice, and using a C-clamp (forgot to mention this earlier...oopsies) put juuuuuuuust enough pressure on the piston so that it would catch the threads so the special tool specifically designed for these calipers would be able to twist the piston back into the caliper. It worked fine. When the threads caught, I released the C-calmp, finished twisting the piston in using the special tool specifically designed for these calipers, took it out of the vice, reinstalled it on the car, replaced the pads, and bled the brakes. Brakes work fine. No problems at all. Not trying to be an a$$, but next time, read the post a little more carefully before you jump to conclusions.:rolleyes:

However I do admit that from what I wrote, it does sort of sound like I put it in the vice to press the piston in. But that would be stupid. So let's hope nobody jumped to that conclusion:lol:

Yeah from your post it sounds like you pressed it in using a vise ..now what I wonder, is why the piston came out far enough that you had to use your method.

I don't like sounding like an A$$ either...but Brakes aren't just about your car, or its driver...but everyone else on the road, as well as the their cars. When brakes don't do their job people can die...and if you kill ME because your brakes didn't work, I'm gonna be MMMAD and haunt your ear with my ghost peen

Yeah from your post it sounds like you pressed it in using a vise ..now what I wonder, is why the piston came out far enough that you had to use your method.

Yeah. I should have worded it with a little more detail:) And that's what I'm wondering too. Because the pads weren't worn down to the rivets. There was still a pretty good amount of material left on the pad:confused:

I don't like sounding like an A$$ either...but Brakes aren't just about your car, or its driver...but everyone else on the road, as well as the their cars. When brakes don't do their job people can die...and if you kill ME because your brakes didn't work, I'm gonna be MMMAD and haunt your ear with my ghost peen

I agree 100% I am very particular about my brakes. I want my vehicle to be able to stop as well as (or better than) it goes.

Polished up my headlights a little more today:

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

I think they look substantially better:)

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

Did blend door but still took me for ever :( 5 and a half hours this time as compared to 8 hours on my Silver Mark. This time I unbolted everything but only pulled out the pass side. Worked about as well as first time I pulled entire dash out but this time I took out the pass seat so I could lay in the foot well. Also modded the bar so it wouldn't put the stress on it that broke the originals,
http://youtu.be/vsDBG9K6k04
Also found the paperwork from wen it was fixed early 2000's. Was $545 or something like that?

I replaced my driver's side air shock this morning, but I accidentally broke the ABS sensor wire. I have a Check Traction Control message and my ABS light stays on. Well at least the front doesn't slam anymore.

Switched out the tan carpet to grey trunk carpet on my amp rack. Rewired my amp with knu ofc 4awg and installed a new fuse holder by the battery. Had 2awg before but it was too short and I had to use a second fuse holder in the trunk in order to get it to the amp.

Installed the drivers side lower door jam strip/panel and the spare tire cover I picked up in my parts binge a couple weeks back. Also put in hood rubber bumpstop things I bought this week, they're g1's so there a little shorter (didn't know they were different,listed as same). Not really sure what purpose(safety wise) they serve so I just left them cause they're a matching pair. :(

I replaced my driver's side air shock this morning, but I accidentally broke the ABS sensor wire. I have a Check Traction Control message and my ABS light stays on. Well at least the front doesn't slam anymore.

It was such a huge relief after putting my new one on too.

How long is it going to take for you to put the plate bracket on? -starts licking a Tootsie pop -

Went to clean car and plastic in engine compartment came up clean.

However valve covers just wont clean up at all :confused:

Now I gotta get to work on the Octi's next...

Much much better! :) Now I can see through them and I bet the light tonight can see out a lot better.

Thanks. Took me long enough didn't it?:D

x2, looks tons better Thaywood. GJ

Thanks again! Makes it look like a different car!

How long is it going to take for you to put the plate bracket on? -starts licking a Tootsie pop -

I've had it on for a while. It's in my sig pic:D I just had it off yesterday to repaint it again. I've sanded it, primed it, and painted it several times. The paint just won't stick. It keeps flaking off:confused:

looking to detail my car top to bottom any recommendations on the detail the engine compartment ? laser or sapp any suggestions.....

Thanks. Took me long enough didn't it?:D

Thanks again! Makes it look like a different car!

I've had it on for a while. It's in my sig pic:D I just had it off yesterday to repaint it again. I've sanded it, primed it, and painted it several times. The paint just won't stick. It keeps flaking off:confused:

Did you try to use adhesion promoter?

moved it out of the garage. washed it waxed it. put it back in the garage.

thinking about putting gears in my car with the graduation money I got.

i wouldnt use anything to harsh. its bad for the plastics. i would only use simple green under the hood. IMO

Woke up to a nice shiny car but then I found out my drivers side window switch is bad. Then I saw a family of raccoons get ran over scattering them throughout the road.

Todays going to suck.

Edit: Seems as though my window's working correctly again. Perhaps I jolted the harness in the kick when I layed my power wire. :confused:

I'll be keeping an eye out for any funny business.:shifty:

K-fan
There are a number of cleaners you can use under the hood I believe there is a thread on it you might do a search to find it.

got my car back, got to work thinking it was going to be 90 out today so I popped my sunroof up in the vent position, and then it decided to rain....sideways. Thankfully I had a little microfiber towel in the car, and my fat ass was big enough to soak up the water on the drivers seat.

Members online

No members online now.
Back