What did you do to your LS today?

20% tint on front windows to match the tint on my rear windows...much better :)

20160728_154646.jpg

20160728_154638.jpg

Looks great!
So looks like a white LS in the left background but it is not.

I ordered the shop manuals before I attempt to replace the expansion valve. Also started to take apart the dash as I've been told it's in there on the evaporator.

Looked at her for awhile. Dreamt of driving down the road with the AC seats cooling my fatass and the windows down/sunroof open.

Was gonna change the oil, but had worked on my Explorer all day, returning it to stock to trade back in.

She's cute too, but the LS is sexier.
31F115F8-C738-4B7B-88FD-E73CEAB3166E_zpsjyrzwrmv.jpg

Put a straight pipe in place of the mufflers cut about an inch behind the hangers to reuse the hangers and tips. Videos don't do it justice..I thought it was just a waste of time but it really wakes it up. Hardly noticeable at idle but once you get on it boy it sounds great. When you get above or around 4K it's loud but what do you expect. Atleast it's a clean and clear sound.

Also purchased an 06 LS..picking it up Tuesday. A light blue color so swap the bumper and hood grille, add some paint and good to go. :cool:

I finally gave up on the factory 17" split 7-spoke rims. I had the beads cleaned and resealed three time with no luck. One of the rims would loose 5 PSI in 4 days (parked or driven) while two of the others would loose 1 PSI. Local wheel re-conditioner quoted me $600 to clean them up and refinish them. Instead I picked up an other set of near pristine 17" Jaguar S-type 10-spoke rims for $400 and had the summer tires mount on them. One less thing to always be worry about. Unless someone wants them, the factory Lincoln rims are headed to the scrap yard.

I finally gave up on the factory 17" split 7-spoke rims. I had the beads cleaned and resealed three time with no luck. One of the rims would loose 5 PSI in 4 days (parked or driven) while two of the others would loose 1 PSI. Local wheel re-conditioner quoted me $600 to clean them up and refinish them. Instead I picked up an other set of near pristine 17" Jaguar S-type 10-spoke rims for $400 and had the summer tires mount on them. One less thing to always be worry about. Unless someone wants them, the factory Lincoln rims are headed to the scrap yard.
Don't forget the pics

[emoji368]

^ Sharp looking LS for sure. I can always appreciate a good clean looking Silver Frost Metallic LS. My 01 V8 Sport is same color. Polishes up nicely.

You guys would be proud of me. Non DIY with zero mech experience went to pick-a-part yesterday and scored a third brake light, 2 radiator crossover tubes pristine shape, trunk switch, license bracket and a handful of panel poppers all for 21 bucks! BTW if anyone needs to know how to remove hose clamps with a wire cutter (non destructive) I can explain how now......

^ Sharp looking LS for sure. I can always appreciate a good clean looking Silver Frost Metallic LS. My 01 V8 Sport is same color. Polishes up nicely.

Pssssst....Silver Frost was replaced by Silver Birch in '03... They're close though the Birch has more black and the Frost more white in the silver. I've had both.

Installed my new double din, steering wheel control adapter and backup cam. Hardest (Or I should say biggest PITA) car ive ever done.

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS
Qx7nxWz.jpg

Pssssst....Silver Frost was replaced by Silver Birch in '03... They're close though the Birch has more black and the Frost more white in the silver. I've had both.

Yeah I was thinking that as I typed it out ... just wasn't too sure on the year of his LS vs. which Silver.

Installed my new ... Pioneer AVH-X4800BS

Qx7nxWz.jpg

Sweet deal Mr D.

I recently had an audio shop install the following in my 09 Silverado,

~ Pioneer AVH-X2800BS headunit with 6" Pioneer door speakers, JL Audio JX500/1D amp, Single 10" JL Sub in an Atrend A131-10CPV downfired box.

already had to go back and upgrade/replace the entry level sub they put in, it didn't like the DECAF muzik much longer then a couple of hours.

Just finished up putting new KYB front shocks on with new Moog upper control arms and stabilizer end links... Made a huge difference after I noticed that I blew out the drivers side original shock.

And today, I had the muffler shop guy remove both the resonators and muffs and install a dual in/ dual out Gibson muffler as well as new 3.5" stainless tips... Looks and sounds great... I'll post some pictures of the tips here soon.

and a video for sound?

Installed my new double din, steering wheel control adapter and backup cam. Hardest (Or I should say biggest PITA) car ive ever done.

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS
Qx7nxWz.jpg

Some thing to think about as far as bringing the LS "up to date" with the newer cars electronics features/benefits (7" touch screen, Bluetooth, Android and iPhone compatible, backup camera, plus expandable for SiriusXM, navigation and steering wheel controls).

Although I maybe afraid to ask the price tag on the complete package - can you give us a ball park figure?

Members online

Back