What did you do to your LS today?

Turning into quite the parking lot around the B-rig estate...eh.

Big driveway. Gotta show up the neighbors. :p

Wife panicked when I showed her the new little rig and it started playing country music on the FM dial.

Yeah .. it was that Oh no you better not! look. :mad:

Good prices. I'm in the states, fought for the states, never left the states. As long as California is still considered one of the states. Sometimes, to me, it seems like it's a foreign country of its own.

So where can I find those prices, Deacon?

2000-02 Jaguar S-type 4.0L V8 left or right front coil spring without adaptive control # XR835298
2000-02 Jaguar S-type 3.0L V6 left or right front coil spring without adaptive control # XR835296
2000-02 Jaguar S-type lower front coil spring isolator # MJA2162AA

Due to the different in the diameter of the spring, you will also need to buy the new lower spring isolators for those Jaguar springs, so buy them at the same time.

Jaguar Merriam Parts or Parts.com tend to have the best prices on the Jaguar coil springs;

https://x.jaguarmerriamparts.com/pa...p=SUSPENSION COMPONENTS&component=COIL SPRING

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fus...gram=4731600&section=FRONT SUSPENSION&Title=-

As far as the Bilstein struts/shocks;

2000-02 Jaguar S-type 3.0L or 4.0L V8 without electronic suspension, front Bilstein B4 # 24-024921
2000-02 Jaguar S-type 3.0L or 4.0L V8 without electronic suspension, rear Bilstein B4 # 24-026628

StockWarehouse or Summit Racing, heck even eBay has good prices on the Bilstein B4. You can find them from several sources for the $400-425 total price range - just double check the shipping and if you have to pay sales tax or not.

By the way thank you for your service to our country!

Just finished up putting new KYB front shocks on with new Moog upper control arms and stabilizer end links... Made a huge difference after I noticed that I blew out the drivers side original shock.

And today, I had the muffler shop guy remove both the resonators and muffs and install a dual in/ dual out Gibson muffler as well as new 3.5" stainless tips... Looks and sounds great... I'll post some pictures of the tips here soon.

... and install a dual in/ dual out Gibson muffler ...

One single dual IN/OUT underneath in the tunnel?

If so, yes that's the way to go on these LS'es. I enjoy my single Magnaflow on my 04 much more then my two Bassani's on my 01.

^ right on!

20160628_150515.jpg

LOL ... looks like yet another LS repair today.

20160628_150515.jpg

quite the fleet. although a few are looking like monster trucks sitting that high... get that cutting wheel out asap!!

Yeah true that! 04LSE might cut stock springs later. 03 will stay stock.

Never ending list. :shifty:

Damn, 3 LS'... BigRig, you're a sucker for punishment.

I like it

Yeah they warmed me about this when I joined this forum some years ago .... turned into a bit of an addiction. Should see my tail lamp collection, reached point of embarrassment.

Actually got all three lined up in the driveway doing some extensive cleaning, guy with the steam cleaner had to reschedule for Saturday instead. Gives me more time to clean up all but the carpeting.

My relationship with my LS is all ready a love/hate one. I am afraid of what it would degrade into if I had three of them in my driveway to take care of.

... I am afraid of what it would degrade into if I had three of them in my driveway to take care of.

Meh ... I simply go trucking across Canada for 5 days and try not to think about it, I have a pic of an exotic Nissan 370Z on my visor, gives me something to look forward to.

I have a spare if you want it - just pay shipping. Message center buttons were fine in my old one that haha bad vent, and I have an extra. PM me.

Do appreciate it, however these are a dim a dozen at my local pull yard and I've actually got a spare or two in the basement (where we keep all the LS parts).

Doesn't need replacement, just needs to be removed and the post on the back side glued back on and strengthened up around. Going to re-enforce my TC button as well.

I had already fixed same problem on my 01 when I first got it. It's one of those things on the LS'es that will break in due time.

Much thanks though!

Cleaning LS seats like a Pro

Finally found some time to clean the 04 LSE seats, I knew they were dirty, just didn't know they were this dirty.

01.jpg

06.jpg 02.jpg

Little of the good stuff to help seal it all in.

05.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Welp, little lax in doing this so for today she is finally in the shop for:

Upper timing chain and tensionors, 8 COPS and Iridium plugs, Valve cover leak (maybe gasket, maybe more).

Catching up from March 1st -

All fluids dained and exchanged, Rear View Camera installed, Windshield replaced, Transmission shift kit and solenoid replace, A/C compressor replace, Drivers window regulator replaced

Sure hope thats it for awhile!

Am in the process of replacing the clock spring on my 2001 V6 Automatic. Have the old one out. About to begin install of new one.

Anyone have an idea why they call this thing a clockspring?

Am in the process of replacing the clock spring on my 2001 V6 Automatic. Have the old one out. About to begin install of new one.

Anyone have an idea why they call this thing a clockspring?

'Cause it's wound up similarly to one...

Gotta wonder why they feel the need to wind it so much, not like the steering wheel needs to rotate 360 degrees X 12, four to five full turns should have been enough.

Seems like a lot of ribbon cable to me.

Gotta wonder why they feel the need to wind it so much, not like the steering wheel needs to rotate 360 degrees X 12, four to five full turns should have been enough.

Seems like a lot of ribbon cable to me.

The more winds, the less each part of the cable has to bend when the wheel turns. The less it has to bend, the longer it will last. (Spread the movement over more cable...)

It's wound around a center point.... Just like a clockspring...

They sure look an awful lot alike, don't they???

I'm guessing the confusion comes more from not knowing what a clockspring looks like or how it functions, not from not being able to make the connection. Wound clocks are pretty rare now. The only one in my house is a motion-powered watch

Members online

Back