What did you do to your LS today?

Actually yesterday......
I replaced the blend door motor/actuator behind the glove box. Surprisingly one of the easiest jobs I've done on the car.

Sounds fishy to me!! That's like saying the intake manifold is a wear item; or any other plastic part for that matter. I suspect the captured nuts in the cover failed and they don't know what to do.......

Why not? The entire cooling system is a wear item with a 100K life span.

Pretty close to the tips I was looking at, but I'm planning on having this done well before summer!
I'm sure somebody will pick them up, appreciate it though.

:lol:

Have you thought about a set of rectangular/oval tips? I think they'd go better with the look of the LS. The rear of the LS is a series of rounded corner rectangles, so I think these tips would look better than round tips. The ones in this specific link are for a Dodge, you can also get them without the L-shaped bracket.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-evt80/overview/

I don't specifically recommend this brand though. I have them on my truck now, and they didn't fare too well through about 4 Oklahoma winters. I can't imagine them lasting through more than two Canadian winters unless you just don't drive the car in the winter. On the other hand, since you do put yours away for the winter, they might last.

Have you thought about a set of rectangular/oval tips? I think they'd go better with the look of the LS. The rear of the LS is a series of rounded corner rectangles, so I think these tips would look better than round tips. The ones in this specific link are for a Dodge, you can also get them without the L-shaped bracket.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-evt80/overview/

I don't specifically recommend this brand though. I have them on my truck now, and they didn't fare too well through about 4 Oklahoma winters. I can't imagine them lasting through more than two Canadian winters unless you just don't drive the car in the winter. On the other hand, since you do put yours away for the winter, they might last.

I'm still deciding on which ones to go with...I'm kinda leaning more towards a double wall slanted tip, 3.5" or so.

And...huh? I'm not Canadian, BigRig is! I live in Southern California! It was 70* yesterday :lol:

I'm still deciding on which ones to go with...I'm kinda leaning more towards a double wall slanted tip, 3.5" or so.

And...huh? I'm not Canadian, BigRig is! I live in Southern California! It was 70* yesterday :lol:

So you'll be displaying your LS at the Fabulous Fords show in April???

IIRC, the V8 on the deck lid was added in 2001. Look for rear headrests on the 2000; with is a V8, molded headrests in the seat-backs is the 6.

yep, our 00 V8 does not have the V8 badge.
well it think it does now, but, anyway.

My 00 V8 has the V8 badge on the tail light and molded/integrated headrests in the back seat. It's was built 06/20/2000 according to the sticker.

Took it through a -much needed- car wash. It's been helluva cold and snowing a lot, tons of salt was caked on everywhere.

Also noticing some transmission-related issues to be possibly developing. 2->3 shift flared today, and in the past few days, on the way home from work after merging up to speed on the highway, I notice what feels like a quick lock/unlock of the TQ. This only happens once per my commute, probably once OD engages.

Took it through a -much needed- car wash. It's been helluva cold and snowing a lot, tons of salt was caked on everywhere.

Also noticing some transmission-related issues to be possibly developing. 2->3 shift flared today, and in the past few days, on the way home from work after merging up to speed on the highway, I notice what feels like a quick lock/unlock of the TQ. This only happens once per my commute, probably once OD engages.

I get a two second TC lock/unlock if I put it in 4th. The exact speed it happens changes dependong on throttle. If the pedal is floored, its up around 75mph and 3500 rpm. 60-75% throttle puts it down around 3000rpm at ~70.

Temps got up to a high of 36 F today (its a freaking topical heat wave!), so I hooked up the hose to the hot water and washed the salt off her, sprayed the underside too. I did the same to the wife's car as well and then hosed out the garage floor.

Well it's not what I did to it but what I did for it. I orderd my CAI from phtuneup off e-bay, I already have the cone style K&N filter.

I know you have an 02 V8, but I don't know if you have a sport with SST. What you're going to want to do with that intake after installing is let the engine idle and make sure everything is running alright. You're going to think "this doesn't really sound different" and you'll be correct. You may hear a slight "hoooooo" sound but you shouldn't hear any whistling.

Take the car out on the road, barely going above idle with light acceleration, and come to a stop. If you have SST, give the gas a quick tap to get into 1st gear and start moving. Gently accelerate to 3300rpm. If you don't have SST, gently accelerate to about 15-20 mph (a downshift to 1st at that speed should put it around 3300rpm I think).

Mash the throttle.

Listen to the intake tube's beautiful resonant frequency.

Do it again.

Open your wallet and pay for the gas you'll be wasting by mashing the throttle to hear that distinct sound over and over again at about 12mpg.

Regapped the driver's side plugs. They were between .040 and.045 it seemed. Dropped them down to .035-.037.

Good news: gave the brake pressure transducer plug a good squeeze and slid it a hair further onto the sensor. No more C1288 AdvanceTrac code. The plug hadn't latched last time. It took both hands snaked in there.

Bad news: Oil in all 4 spark plug holes. It was all sticky instead of slippery, so I'm hoping it's just residual oil from before I replaced the gaskets. Then again, it is almost 30 degrees F here. I don't know... Hopefully it looks better on the passenger side, whenever I get to it. I wanted to do the hard side first. I don't see any oil leaking from the main gasket.

I'm going back out now to replace 4 of the COP connectors after mangling them to do the Accel mod

I see my mistake. You were responding to BigRig, and that was the name I saw. Was trying to finish the post before going to work and was in a hurry. Whoops.

I see my mistake. You were responding to BigRig, and that was the name I saw. Was trying to finish the post before going to work and was in a hurry. Whoops.

Eh, no worries. I mean I am in CA and he is in CA...just different CA's :lol:

Ran the car in a V5 engine configuration. I started it up before realizing I left 3 passenger coils unplugged... Oops. Didn't run all that poorly.

Had my windshield replaced. I decided to get the blue tint on the top.

You should have..... It's stock.

What about for Gen 1? I don't have the blue strip, but I also have a cut harness at the mirror and the compass and auto wipers don't work, so it could be a replacement

What about for Gen 1? I don't have the blue strip, but I also have a cut harness at the mirror and the compass and auto wipers don't work, so it could be a replacement

All LSes were delivered with a tinted windshield. A factory (Pilkington) replacement will have the strip.

Cai

I know you have an 02 V8, but I don't know if you have a sport with SST. What you're going to want to do with that intake after installing is let the engine idle and make sure everything is running alright. You're going to think "this doesn't really sound different" and you'll be correct. You may hear a slight "hoooooo" sound but you shouldn't hear any whistling.

Take the car out on the road, barely going above idle with light acceleration, and come to a stop. If you have SST, give the gas a quick tap to get into 1st gear and start moving. Gently accelerate to 3300rpm. If you don't have SST, gently accelerate to about 15-20 mph (a downshift to 1st at that speed should put it around 3300rpm I think).

Mash the throttle.

Listen to the intake tube's beautiful resonant frequency.

Do it again.

Open your wallet and pay for the gas you'll be wasting by mashing the throttle to hear that distinct sound over and over again at about 12mpg.

Thanks LSFrank, I can't wait. Oh btw it is a base model.

I had the option of 3 different colors. Old one was Green. All of my side glass is green.

Hmmmmmm....... My side glass was also greenish but the strip at the top of the windscreen has always been blueish.

Members online

Back