What did you do to your LS today?

Prime Choice wheel hubs for your LS, no kidding! <shivers> honestly, I wouldn't put anything Prime Choice on my LS, had to return a right-out-of-the-box defective (made a high pitched whine) wheel bearing for an 03 Alero. BUT then again, I wouldn't stick wind deflectors on my ride either. Your Choice ... Prime Choice parts are substandard quality auto parts to me.

Prime Choice wheel hubs for your LS, no kidding! <shivers> honestly, I wouldn't put anything Prime Choice on my LS, had to return a right-out-of-the-box defective (made a high pitched whine) wheel bearing for an 03 Alero. BUT then again, I wouldn't stick wind deflectors on my ride either. Your Choice ... Prime Choice parts are substandard quality auto parts to me.

The wind deflectors are useful since I live in FL. Thunderstorm capital of the world. The LS likes to roll water over the A pillars onto the windows and I don't like driving with my windows up. So this way I can keep them cracked even in the rain.

Not for me but I understand your needs, please do consider better quality bearings though.

Hi IZZY, What kind of wind deflectors are those and do they come smoked?

I got mine from jcwhitney. They ship from the manufacturer. Took 11 days to get them. I didn't get the tracking number until the day they were delivered. That's after calling jcwhitney twice. But you may have better luck.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/p2004993/sky-384484.jcwx?filterid=d1403y2000g2j1

They definitely aren't clear. They are just the right opaqueness, for me, while driving. Here is a pic with a white envelope behind for contrast.

image.jpg

image.jpg

one flash flood later and the water going up to the seat switches ....*sigh* tomorrow the adjuster will tell me what my options areafda.jpg

afda.jpg

quite frankly im hoping, the car has just reached 200k this week , well see wish me luck guys

Returned my LS to stock (will have a K&N filtercharger and KKM adapter/filter for sale soon) in preparation for a newer 535i.

Heck, I may even try and sell the LS myself to get a few more $$$$$.

Returned my LS to stock (will have a K&N filtercharger and KKM adapter/filter for sale soon) in preparation for a newer 535i.

I'm calling dibs on the K&N/KKM right now :D
Just let me know when and cut me a decent price, I'll drive over there and pick it up!

I'm calling dibs on the K&N/KKM right now :D
Just let me know when and cut me a decent price, I'll drive over there and pick it up!

Which one? The K&N is the whole intake, the KKM is just the filter and adapter. How about $75 for the KKM and $200 for the K&N and I'll help with the install? I have all the tools and it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours; assuming goof-off time!!

Which one? The K&N is the whole intake, the KKM is just the filter and adapter. How about $75 for the KKM and $200 for the K&N and I'll help with the install? I have all the tools and it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours; assuming goof-off time!!

I thought you meant a K&N filter for the KKM, my bad :lol:

I want the KKM, got a first gen and I don't think they made a K&N for them...besides that would be more than the wife would approve of! $75 sounds good to me, just let me know when you have it off and ready and I'll find a time to come by (keep in mind I got a nutty schedule)

I want the KKM, got a first gen and I don't think they made a K&N for them...besides that would be more than the wife would approve of! $75 sounds good to me, just let me know when you have it off and ready and I'll find a time to come by (keep in mind I got a nutty schedule)

Ooooooo...... I don't think the KKM will fit a 1st gen.... Anyone???????

F10 or E60? Both solid cars.

I've seen gen 1's with a KKM adapter, so unless they made a different one for each gen...

Don't both gens use the same airbox?

the mounting adapter is different, but the opening on the filter could be the same. (meaning that the filter can fit either with a different adapter)

Don't both gens use the same airbox?
almost, they are the same size and could fit in either car, but there is a small difference.

on the 1st gen, the MAF/MAF adapter (I can't remember if it was a molded in single piece or if it was the slot type the 2nd gen has) can unbolt right from the airbox. so all you need is a simple flange with four (not evenly spaced) holes for bolts to hold it together with a round end for the filter to clamp on so you reuse the factory housing. I just welded up an adapter with some spare aluminum that was laying around my buddies shop. The 2ng gen has a slot type MAF and the housing doesn't come off the same, so the adapter you need also has to have the MAF slot on it.

the mounting adapter is different, but the opening on the filter could be the same. (meaning that the filter can fit either with a different adapter)

almost, they are the same size and could fit in either car, but there is a small difference.

on the 1st gen, the MAF/MAF adapter (I can't remember if it was a molded in single piece or if it was the slot type the 2nd gen has) can unbolt right from the airbox. so all you need is a simple flange with four (not evenly spaced) holes for bolts to hold it together with a round end for the filter to clamp on so you reuse the factory housing. I just welded up an adapter with some spare aluminum that was laying around my buddies shop. The 2ng gen has a slot type MAF and the housing doesn't come off the same, so the adapter you need also has to have the MAF slot on it.

So in a nutshell...no :(

The eBay 2-piece tube with silicone is under $100 I believe. I've had mine for 4 months and the only issues were one seller-supplied hoseclamp was broken (causing my elbow to pop off and stall the engine) and the temperature sensor doesn't sit properly in the mount (loose)

As for my '06 (wifey still has hers!), put it up for sale in the For Sale section. As I said in the post, it goes to Autotrader next week. You guys get 1st dibs.

Goodbye to the injection system with air support and well come to the injection of 4 points,after rough it with huge air leaks I decided to remove the air assist system.
Left to right
LS 2 Gen
2003 Ford Taurus
2004 Crow victoria
LS 1 Gen
I use the the 2003 Ford Taurus those are the best suited for the size of ls 2Gen are very short for the base of the ramp injection and victoria are have a lot of fuel flow these may be useful for a turbo compressor project.
20150124_110552.jpg

20150124_110552.jpg

Refused the wheel hub assemblies a second time. Specifically asked that they package them in more appropriate shipping materials. Alas, no. So, if they don't care enough to protect their parts during shipping, why would they care enough to make quality parts.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back