What did you do to your LS today?

On
Wish I could say it was me, but it wasn't. However, I would stop constantly to try to talk to other LS owners. Even helped a handful out who broke down on the highways and what not. The most recent guy I helped out, before I moved, had a Gen I LS with over heating issues and had just replaced all of his cooling components with aftermarket ones and didn't have an air bleed hose or any method to remove air from the system. His degas was also square... like completely square. Not sure what car it was meant for. Long story short, I couldn't help him... but I did refer him here :)

I try to talk to them occasionally, but the general consensus is that I only meet LS owners, not LS enthusiasts

On

I try to talk to them occasionally, but the general consensus is that I only meet LS owners, not LS enthusiasts

Same. I've only seen like 2-3 in the Boston area, but they are all poorly maintained. I'm not saying you have to have mods, but when you have duct tape, unpainted/sanded bondo, a taped window, different wheels on different sides, etc. that's pretty crappy. And that's what I've seen - SO FAR. I haven't tried talking to any of them because it would be awkward to approach them in a car that's not an LS. I used to always give the friendly flash of the high beams when I saw a fellow LS :)

Bigrig - not going to be taking pictures of my trans solenoid swap after all. I found my camera, and it's dead. Going to be a while before I get another one too. So far I've gotten the pan off, and discovered that the trans holds more fluid than the pan holds. I was hoping to not drain it and drop the pan flat, but there's about a quart more fluid in there than the pan's capacity. Had to clean a quart off the floor. No matter, I was prepared for it going either way. I was also hoping to be able to do this without any of the fancy wrenches, but that is not to be so I'll be going down tomorrow to get the wrenches I need, and will pick up the job again next week.

If you really want to see how it's done though, this is what I'm using as a guide.

Bookmarked it this time! thx. GLWR

PS: don't forget to complete a drive cycle relearn strategy afterwards, if not you're just throwing parts at it! argue2

j/k

I found out I mailed car stuff to my on-campus college apartment... I haven't lived there in 7 months, no longer go to that school, and live two hours away. There's no one really there (winter break) but the RAs didn't seen any boxes outside. Amazon says one box was delivered to the front door, one to the mailbox. It's only a $45 shipment, which is the only "upside"

Balls.

Edit: I have determined that ((distance/MPG)*price per gallon) + (hours*(hourly wage)) comes out to about $20 more than the cost of the items. Looks like I'll just reorder it since I'm not good enough friends with any of the few people currently there to make a weekend trip out of it

Last edited:
Had my Bassani's put in, sounds good. Bit mellow but that's okay, the tone is great! Exhaust is stock otherwise.
Also had some flat black tips put in till I get the balls up to cut into my bumper for some proper chrome tips...

Had my Bassani's put in, sounds good. Bit mellow but that's okay, the tone is great! Exhaust is stock otherwise.
Also had some flat black tips put in till I get the balls up to cut into my bumper for some proper chrome tips...

Do you have the resonators on still? I assume so since you said the exhaust is stock otherwise. Remove the resonators and it will increase the sound ten fold.

Do you have the resonators on still? I assume so since you said the exhaust is stock otherwise. Remove the resonators and it will increase the sound ten fold.

Yes the resonators are still on, exhaust guy said the same thing. I'll let the mufflers break in a bit, will decide where to go after that...not really sure I want it *that* loud :lol:

Yes the resonators are still on, exhaust guy said the same thing. I'll let the mufflers break in a bit, will decide where to go after that...not really sure I want it *that* loud :lol:

I remember Mlara had resonators on and after he drove my car - without resonators he immediately wanted his removed. It's the kind of sound that will give you the chills for the first few days :) Also drove the gf nuts :)

I remember Mlara had resonators on and after he drove my car - without resonators he immediately wanted his removed. It's the kind of sound that will give you the chills for the first few days :) Also drove the gf nuts :)

Like will change your life kind of different? :lol:

I'll think about it...plus I'm not sure if I want to drive the wife nuts everytime I start my car!

not gonna lie, after I put the Flo's on it, the sound was great but still a little quiet for my taste, deleted the resonators and it was perfect other than a little drone from 1900-2100 RPM (right at cruising speed) however, after the cats got clogged and ended up getting hollowed out, i has became a little too much and have though about putting a set of resonators back on.

you will also start getting terrible gas mileage, because it sounds so good, you never want to take your foot out of the gas! lol

Like will change your life kind of different? :lol:

I'll think about it...plus I'm not sure if I want to drive the wife nuts everytime I start my car!

Yes, change your life kind of good. I meant that it drove the gf nuts in a good way *wink* *wink*

IMO the best sound you can get which I love more than anything is cruising on the highway with my foot lightly pressed on the gas, or releasing the gas and letting it rumble as it coasts... man I miss my car.. F u guys LOL

Oh, we need to talk in this case ... Have I got some chrome tips for you! LOL

The Bassani mufflers, give them a week or two to settle in,
you'll like it, of course I pulled the resonators and put an X pipe in along with 2.5" SS piping
but nonetheless, you'll like the Bassani's for sure.

Seen my Bassani w/ ASMI intake vid yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma8zw5hNxFo

Sorry guys, simply couldn't resist.

Yes, change your life kind of good. I meant that it drove the gf nuts in a good way *wink* *wink*

IMO the best sound you can get which I love more than anything is cruising on the highway with my foot lightly pressed on the gas, or releasing the gas and letting it rumble as it coasts... man I miss my car.. F u guys LOL
I think all my wife will hear the sound of money jingling :lol:

you'll like it, of course I pulled the resonators and put an X pipe in along with 2.5" SS piping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma8zw5hNxFo

What kind of tips? Color me interested...

Yes I've seen your videos, they're great! And I do love the sound of the exhaust, the tone is very fitting to the car!

colilla-escape-deportivo-magnaflow-tips-35206-envio-gratis-12312-MLM20057607590_032014-F.jpg

^ They are too big for my liking, they are coming off next summer when I get my exhaust redone, needs to be better aligned, hangs a bit too low as far as I'm concerned, the Bassani's should have been mounted higher up and further in, with these tips, it sticks out just a tad too far.

I won't be putting these tips back on, I'm just going to go with some piping cut on a slight angle and keep the flat black heat paint to them.

Trouble is shipping from Canada fora set of used tips which are already starting to rust at the part where the weld joined them to the Bassani's

Cool looking tips if they were put on right. Needs rear valance cut out though.

^ cuz the drunken sailor that did my exhaust on a Saturday morning with a hangover ended up not placing the Bassani's where I wanted them, they hang a bit low and out too far, thus the tail pipes are now an eye sore. If I could cut them in half (but can't because double wall) I'd have them re-positioned inward further but reality is the whole exhaust needs to be redone, couple of bends are questionable. On top of my ADD I also have OCD and it just needs to be redone and done right. Not happy with how it went in, could have been done better.

20141102_160325.jpg

See what I mean, doesn't look right. Too much tail pipe sticking out, too low, wrong angle.

I'll get it corrected.

20141102_160325.jpg

colilla-escape-deportivo-magnaflow-tips-35206-envio-gratis-12312-MLM20057607590_032014-F.jpg

^ They are too big for my liking, they are coming off next summer when I get my exhaust redone, needs to be better aligned, hangs a bit too low as far as I'm concerned, the Bassani's should have been mounted higher up and further in, with these tips, it sticks out just a tad too far.

I won't be putting these tips back on, I'm just going to go with some piping cut on a slight angle and keep the flat black heat paint to them.

Trouble is shipping from Canada fora set of used tips which are already starting to rust at the part where the weld joined them to the Bassani's

Cool looking tips if they were put on right. Needs rear valance cut out though.
Pretty close to the tips I was looking at, but I'm planning on having this done well before summer!
I'm sure somebody will pick them up, appreciate it though.

Too big? Most of us have 3.5" - 4" tips (no homo)

:lol:

Rig.... more car, less music. I don't click "LS exhaust" to hear your favorite songs! There's this one and the other video with Alice in Chains and a CEL :p

Drove it to the mall where I came out to find that my LS's twin parked right next to me. They are identical. Interior and all. I think the other one was a V6 though because there is no V8 badge on the tail light (correct me if I'm wrong). Sorry for the sh!tty picture. Wish they had come out at the same time as I did so we could shoot the caca. Oh well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Took my car into the dealership to take advantage of the last 20 miles left on my extended Ford Base warranty. Good news: They will cover leaking valve cover and oil pan gaskets, worn lower "A" arms (front), but would not cover the 2 ruptured engine mounts (last replaced in 2011) and now, when trying to replace the gaskets, they say the valve cover is crumbling. Ford says the valve cover is a "wear item" and will not cover it, so with my $100 deductable, plus my $278 OEM replacement valve cover. I should be OK. Has anyone experienced a crumbling valve cover? I guess they are plastic (I wasn't sure). I'll do the engine mounts myself one day.

Drove it to the mall where I came out to find that my LS's twin parked right next to me. They are identical. Interior and all. I think the other one was a V6 though because there is no V8 badge on the tail light (correct me if I'm wrong). Sorry for the sh!tty picture. Wish they had come out at the same time as I did so we could shoot the caca. Oh well.

View attachment 828471108

View attachment 828471109

IIRC, the V8 on the deck lid was added in 2001. Look for rear headrests on the 2000; with is a V8, molded headrests in the seat-backs is the 6.

Took my car into the dealership to take advantage of the last 20 miles left on my extended Ford Base warranty. Good news: They will cover leaking valve cover and oil pan gaskets, worn lower "A" arms (front), but would not cover the 2 ruptured engine mounts (last replaced in 2011) and now, when trying to replace the gaskets, they say the valve cover is crumbling. Ford says the valve cover is a "wear item" and will not cover it, so with my $100 deductable, plus my $278 OEM replacement valve cover. I should be OK. Has anyone experienced a crumbling valve cover? I guess they are plastic (I wasn't sure). I'll do the engine mounts myself one day.

Sounds fishy to me!! That's like saying the intake manifold is a wear item; or any other plastic part for that matter. I suspect the captured nuts in the cover failed and they don't know what to do.......

Members online

Back