What did you do to your LS today?

Those look nothing like Moog links. Mine look completely different. So, unless Moog changed their design, those are another brand. I cant imagine Moog would change the design for cars that dont exist anymore but stranger things have happened.

They look like the ones I got a couple of years ago.......

The other end of sway bar was no better than the first...lol..grinder and air hammer took care of it in short order

uploadfromtaptalk1416680449127.jpg

New degas, jag metal housing, thermostat. Replaced one coil and plug. It's all I had time for. So I replaced the one that was misfiring. I'll be replacing the other 7 next weekend.

Any thoughts on leaving the back bottom bolts off of the covers? I dont think it would hurt anything.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

as far as leaving that back coil cover screw out... as long as the seals on your cowl are doing their job and doesn't need to be replaced, you're probably fine, but if they are not, then it could allow water to enter a little easier.

as far as leaving that back coil cover screw out... as long as the seals on your cowl are doing their job and doesn't need to be replaced, you're probably fine, but if they are not, then it could allow water to enter a little easier.

They're such a pain in the rear to get to. Cowls seem fine. Although the rubber piece that runs across the top of the drivers side cowl that abuts the windshield, has halfway peeled away when I removed the to get at the degas.

They're such a pain in the rear to get to. Cowls seem fine. Although the rubber piece that runs across the top of the drivers side cowl that abuts the windshield, has halfway peeled away when I removed the to get at the degas.

Did you take the cowl and wipers off? I don't remember having a problem with the rear bolts with racthet extensions and a single u-joint

I went to a Gen 2 part-out to try to get the passenger trim above the glovebox and the center vent. The vent was cracked and the buttons were bolted to the trim, so obviously I didn't get that. I bought the trim piece and checked to make sure it fit my Gen 1, but failed to notice the Gen 2 piece is flat, where the Gen 1 extrudes a little bit.

But I ended up getting a set of Gen 2 fogs for $40

Did you take the cowl and wipers off? I don't remember having a problem with the rear bolts with racthet extensions and a single u-joint

Yes I had the cowls off due to replacing the degas. I had to remove the coil cover on the drivers side for that extra cm to get my monkey hand back in the little spot to get to the degas hose where it connects to the aluminum hose. There wasn't even room to get in with a small ratchet and socket. I had to use the socket with my vice grips to turn the bottom back bolt enough to get at it with my fingers. Similar on the other side. Just awkward to get to. I have the other bolts all seated in. It's tight and the seals on the covers are still supple.

Yes I had the cowls off due to replacing the degas. I had to remove the coil cover on the drivers side for that extra cm to get my monkey hand back in the little spot to get to the degas hose where it connects to the aluminum hose. There wasn't even room to get in with a small ratchet and socket. I had to use the socket with my vice grips to turn the bottom back bolt enough to get at it with my fingers. Similar on the other side. Just awkward to get to. I have the other bolts all seated in. It's tight and the seals on the covers are still supple.

Oh, hmm. I did mine 6 months ago and went with Accels, so I didn't put the cover back on. I don't remember it that well

a 7mm box wrench is the only way on that one by the brake booster - socket won't fit. but with the right tool, it's really not all that hard....

denso platinum plugs and new Amazon sourced cheapo coils......no water or oil in the wells, so that was a nice surprise. cleaned the interior with a rag and bucket of Mr. Clean (ugh, it was dirty), and cleaned/conditioned the seats with Lexol.....this Lincoln's still stinkin...gotta shampoo the carpets, but she's running good! Started pulling off the ugly tape stripe....

Next up - rear stabilizer ends, toe links, and then get a proper alignment....we're redneck/shadetree close at the moment :)

Last edited:
plastidipped my wheels for winter, don't mind the over spray, have to clean it off yet, and the rest of the car for that matter
IMG_1317.jpg
IMG_13292.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_13292.jpg

Display on my radio was dead. I re-soldered the cold solder joint in the display and the power supply resisters. Display is back to life and as bright as new.

I caught a glimpse of the mysterious LS Unicorn known as "Gear Select Error" and it's accompanying chime

I rolled 70K miles on my 00 V8 Sport this morning on the way to work. image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back