What did you do to your LS today?

Cool.

Drove the LS about 300 miles with the Lucas in the trans. It's definitely helped some. Some of the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are normal now, others are still bad but not as bad, and the worst ones are better than they were. The solenoids will still need replacing but I think I can live with it as-is for now. I'm not going to do anything that might take the LS down for more than an hour at a time until my truck is running and it has 500 miles on it, which barring any problems will happen next week.

Oh, and there may be a side benefit to the Lucas as well, but I'm not going to mention it for a couple three weeks until I'm absolutely certain. If what I think has happened did happen I plan on a whole new rant about the LS and "what were they thinking." If not, then I won't. :D

I cleaned this. Ex-wife's makeup mostly... :mad:

Before
fr_99_size880.jpg

After
fr_103_size880.jpg

fr_99_size880.jpg

fr_103_size880.jpg

Rig, what spoiler do you have? I just found out there's a Gen II LSE spoiler and I'm in th e market for some flair on the trunk

Holy crap I'm glad my wife never wears makeup if that's what it does to a car.

The thing I didn't want to mention was after I added the Lucas to the trans it didn't clatter on startup the first few times. Was going to put it out if it stayed clear for a couple of weeks, but it clattered this morning. Oh well, the hunt goes on. At least the trans isn't hitting as hard as it was on the shifts, but the solenoid pack will be first up after my truck is back on the road. The truck would be on the road today except I discovered that I cracked the radiator when I pulled it out and didn't get a replacement in time to finish it this week. Putting in the radiator and hoses, putting in fluids and creating a new program for the computer is all I need to finish.

Was she rubbing her face all over the "A" pillar????????

She wore some horrid spray tan and didn't wash her hands I suppose (sprayed on hands and then applied to face). She must have grabbed that pillar every time she got out of the car. Geesh. You all should have seen this car. It had "soccer mom syndrome" really bad. I almost have it back in order. Will post pics of before and after later.

Well, the DCCV in my 06 went 124K miles before failing.

Half cat???

As in a feline, you know how when they are happy, often when being pet, they like to rub their faces from nose to ear against whatever is available... your hand, face, the book your trying to read, pillar trim panels... ;)

I didn't do anything to my LS today but I did read on here, how one guy washed his wife's make up off an A-Pillar?

~ Frank, it's a salvaged LSE spoiler out of a Michigan yard. Had a large scratch across it. Had it shipped to Canada.

As in a feline, you know how when they are happy, often when being pet, they like to rub their faces from nose to ear against whatever is available... your hand, face, the book your trying to read, pillar trim panels... ;)

Yes! lol. :) No. Just kidding. She was mean. :( That's ok though. I have a good one now. :)

~ Frank, it's a salvaged LSE spoiler out of a Michigan yard. Had a large scratch across it. Had it shipped to Canada.

Off what year/gen?

I raced my friend's Hyundai Veloster turbo from a stop to about 60. His dad had an 01 LS and wanted to know how it stacked up. I lost, but not by much. Exhaust and tune should put me in front. The LS just seems awkwardly slow in 1st under 3000rpm

Changed the oil, swapped on winters. It's that time :(

I finally fixed my glovebox and got THREE surprises!

The issue was that of the two bolts in the bottom of the glovebox frame, one was just in the body and not holding the door frame. This caused (or so I thought) the glovebox door to sag and not align properly on the left side. I managed to get the bolt out, but just couldn't align it and get it threaded, so I took the whole glovebox out. I'm glad I did.

Surprise 1: It turns out, the glovebox is dampened. The string just unhooked. The hook was a little broken, so I zip tied it to the arm. So far so good.

Surprise 2: what is this hook next to the release, a purse hook?

Surprise 3: I found a nifty Milwaukee 11n1 screwdriver under the seat while working. I have no idea whose it is. I asked the person who had one and he said he had his in his hand.

I don't spend much time in the passenger seat.

Installed a new radio. Eonon d2106. Now I can play music from my phone. FINALLY! image.jpg

2000 Lincoln LSE V8

image.jpg

Surprise 2: what is this hook next to the release, a purse hook?

not if your wife's purse is as big as my wifes... it would rip it straight out of the dash! it can also be used to hand a small bag from for trash.

No, it makes sure that your to go food doesn't spill over while you're driving home.

not if your wife's purse is as big as my wifes... it would rip it straight out of the dash! it can also be used to hand a small bag from for trash.

Its intended purpose is a purse holder. It does do a good job of holding a to-go bad from Popeye's!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back