What did you do to your LS today?

Yeah thanks guys I'll fried *******s right away and change it tomorrow I guess I was good thing is in a good place where won't be too difficult to change it. Thanks for the insight.

It's not too bad. Especially if you have the tool that compresses the factory clamp. I got mine at Sears.....

41vctSFEfmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bleeding afterwards was pretty easy as most of the coolant stays put.

41vctSFEfmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

When I found my seeping leak on the top rad hose, with no other sign and not nearly that much overspray, I went ahead and did the whole coolant system change. I also found that the thermostat housing had failed with a cracked ear, and the degas bottle had cracks all the way through it. No other symptoms, even the heat worked fine.

When I found my seeping leak on the top rad hose, with no other sign and not nearly that much overspray, I went ahead and did the whole coolant system change. I also found that the thermostat housing had failed with a cracked ear, and the degas bottle had cracks all the way through it. No other symptoms, even the heat worked fine.

I think that's what he's going to find too. Some of that looked like spray from the thermostat area.

I think that's what he's going to find too. Some of that looked like spray from the thermostat area.
Well I sure hope not. My fan runs all the time seems like on medium. The temperature gauge just seem to stay in the middle. The other day when I had that running with a Jaguar I kind of wonder if maybe that might have put some of the stuff out. Also , there is indication that some of coolant is shooting into the under hood insulation material right above that hose. My problem is finding their holes because the AutoZone here doesn't carry it or maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing I've looked at O'Reilly, autozone, advanced auto, and even look on the bay but I haven't checked out amazon yet which I might have to do that next because that's where I got my dccv from.

Got a part in the mail and all I have to say after installing it is... Gen1 intake go vwoop :)

PART_1408746586174.jpg

PART_1408746586174.jpg

Dealer Service Day...
PM'ed
New Battery
New (2nd) Key, only had one key since I bought it
AdvanceTrac Module PMI.

Don't tell me that!

When I redid my cooling system it ran me about 600 bucks or so in parts. I did all the work. You might check with the local Jag dealer on the engine parts as they had the seals I neglected to order for just a couple of bucks where the Lincoln dealer couldn't even find that the seals existed. I'd already ordered my parts from the board's approved vendors, otherwise I might have tried to order all the engine specific parts from Jag even if it cost a little more. Perhaps they use a plastic that's suited for use in cooling systems like Ford didn't. It would be worth investigating. It's doubtful that Jag radiator hoses would work though, since they would be model specific parts.

Any opinions on buying Jag cooling system parts for the engine, folks? An S-type 4.2L for the same year model would be what I'd use for a target vehicle.

When I redid my cooling system it ran me about 600 bucks or so in parts. I did all the work. You might check with the local Jag dealer on the engine parts as they had the seals I neglected to order for just a couple of bucks where the Lincoln dealer couldn't even find that the seals existed. I'd already ordered my parts from the board's approved vendors, otherwise I might have tried to order all the engine specific parts from Jag even if it cost a little more. Perhaps they use a plastic that's suited for use in cooling systems like Ford didn't. It would be worth investigating. It's doubtful that Jag radiator hoses would work though, since they would be model specific parts.

Any opinions on buying Jag cooling system parts for the engine, folks? An S-type 4.2L for the same year model would be what I'd use for a target vehicle.
I was actually thinking the same thing. Since the one his that goes to the oil cooler is flexible it might not be that much trouble. If worse come to worse, I will just get some correct length braided hot rod parts and put it on there I guess. Seems like the Lincoln dealers across the country have better prices than eBay.

"FINALLY" my parts are getting worked on starting Monday, brought over my front bumper cover, trunk lid, LSE deck spoiler, rear plate surround, stock and McLaren grille for paint. It's in at the same time while an Aston Martin is being worked on, still need to pop off my fuel door to be used/sent out as a color match.

Been waiting so long for this, busy shop, big projects but after a lot of teasing, it's now my turn. Can't wait to get all the parts back painted and put this damn LS back together and get it off the stands and out the garage onto the roads.

I did a few things this week and still have some more to do, seems like I never get caught up.

1) bought a r/rear outer taillight (mine has been letting water in and discolored from mold), r/front fender liner (been torn up since I bought car 7 years ago), and Drivers side strut cover (Been missing since I bought car), installed all of those.
2) Replaced r/rear wheel bearing today-very noisy

Still have to do trans flush, oil change, and I was getting a clunk noise on heavy braking in left front, checked it today and needs Upper and lower ball joints/control arm. Time to search the board for best option of parts for this.

If anyone has answer to what I am about to search, what has been the choice for upper control arm??? I see rockauto has Raybestos, moog, mevotech.
Also for the lower ball joint I have to get my production date and pray now one changed any suspension components previous to me owning it that don't match, but I see mevotech sells the ball joint and spindle for cheap, any good???

I did a few things this week and still have some more to do, seems like I never get caught up.

1) bought a r/rear outer taillight (mine has been letting water in and discolored from mold), r/front fender liner (been torn up since I bought car 7 years ago), and Drivers side strut cover (Been missing since I bought car), installed all of those.
2) Replaced r/rear wheel bearing today-very noisy

Still have to do trans flush, oil change, and I was getting a clunk noise on heavy braking in left front, checked it today and needs Upper and lower ball joints/control arm. Time to search the board for best option of parts for this.

If anyone has answer to what I am about to search, what has been the choice for upper control arm??? I see rockauto has Raybestos, moog, mevotech.
Also for the lower ball joint I have to get my production date and pray now one changed any suspension components previous to me owning it that don't match, but I see mevotech sells the ball joint and spindle for cheap, any good???
Amazon has a bunch of parts for LS and S-Types. I would start there. I know they have Moog and Raybestos and I even saw separate 16mm ball joints.

First post, Joined and read all the great info on here before I made my mind up on the right one. 2002 LSE , V8. 145000 miles, one owner. All service records from day one, done at dealer.
What I have done is so far is polish headlight, Pioneer DVD, removed factory subs and added one I had, straped down , keep sliding. Complete tune up , Coils, Plugs , So on.
3D2FCF36-BB0D-42E3-8A9A-AC14FF5FCE34_zpszqzgv6wu.png

4220BE99-99A4-4CC9-A0EF-4E274461F2AD_zpsxtp3257k.jpg

B7CEB6B5-AABF-4EE6-8F3C-AFE3643E82F9_zpshbbom8qf.jpg

60B7478A-CC87-4B2B-8F72-2EEE11070568_zpsifkob1d3.jpg

BBCDD817-54C5-4BAE-A575-2CE5DB1A5C05_zpseifvorq5.jpg

Just did the rear hub bearings on my 2001 Lincoln LS V8. While I was changing the bearings I also swapped out the rear toes links and stabilizer links.
This job was a bear as mostly all fasteners are difficult to remove. My whole body is now screaming at me. In a few days I'll be changing out the steering rack and front tie rods. It's always something with this car.

Just did the rear hub bearings on my 2001 Lincoln LS V8. While I was changing the bearings I also swapped out the rear toes links and stabilizer links.
This job was a bear as mostly all fasteners are difficult to remove. My whole body is now screaming at me. In a few days I'll be changing out the steering rack and front tie rods. It's always something with this car.

Attempted to install all of the cooling system components today in my 01 LSV8.(i.e. DCCV, Radiator, Jag Thermo Housing, Degas) The car won.:shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back