What did you do to your LS today?

As I don't remember when I last did it and reading all the fuel filter posts i decided to change mine. What a PAIN!!!!! Getting the inlet connection off was an absolute bugger; even after I found the correct, 3/8", disconnect tool. To top it off, I discovered I changed it just over a year and a half ago. The fuel came out very clean. Oh well...... At least I know it's been done and this time I wrote the mileage and date on the filter where I can see it for next time!!

... all the fuel filter posts ...

sorry.gif

After some yard work, I finally got the DCCV replaced later this afternoon. Not a bad job and bleeding the coolant system was less difficult than other cars that I have owned. I have been using Zerex G-05 coolant and distilled water in other vehicle for some time now, so I had the supplies on the shelf in the garage. RockAuto had the best price on the replacement Motorcraft #YG-378 controller. The key was to capture and measure all the coolant that came out of the engine - just over a gallon. That way I knew how much had to be added back into the system. I was able to add all of it back into the engine, except the last 18oz that went into the degas bottle. After a several mile test drive I noticed that the repair also cleared up the "Service Park Brake" issued. Based on when that warning light started coming on and how it was coming on more often of late, the DCCV started going bad (shorted drivers side solenoid coil) a couple months ago. Since it failed in the open position and it was late winter / earlier spring, it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I am sure glad to have full control of the cabin temperature again.

The "Service Park Brake" message has not come back for several days now, so replacing the faulty DCCV fixed both problems :)

Now I just need to get rid of the service park brake message. ..lol

What's the condition of your battery? I notice that when my battery needs a charge that message pops up. I know it must be erroneous as if I keep pulling up on the switch the brake will engage.

Monday I went out to start car and nothing. Battery was completely dead. AAA come out and jump started it and every since that damn message has been there. It is new battery but I think the guy across the the street popped my trunk with his remote over the weekend and the trunk light was on. Went to lincoln to have my remote reset today....lol

... but I think the guy across the the street popped my trunk with his remote over the weekend and the trunk light was on. Went to lincoln to have my remote reset today....lol

You have some problem beyond that. I can leave my trunk open for days. The trunk light goes out after 20/30 minutes. It's a battery saver feature of the car.
Have you done the parking brake reset procedure? (Basically, set and release the parking brake.)

Yes, it doesn't work and the light on the switch stays on. Even after turning the car off and pulling the key ...strange very strange

Dropped off '06 bumper to get painted, ordered fog lightsand brackets from.tasca...now just patiently waiting :)

Brakes

The Jag STR brakes are on and the headlights and reverse lights are tinted (light). Sorry for the poor quality pic of the brakes. It's dark out and the car is an absolute mess. I will post better ones tomorrow, weather permitting.

brakes.jpg

The Jag STR brakes are on and the headlights and reverse lights are tinted (light). Sorry for the poor quality pic of the brakes. It's dark out and the car is an absolute mess. I will post better ones tomorrow, weather permitting.

Looks great. I think the brake upgrade is one of the first mods I want to do. That it's after finding some wheels that will handle it.

damn dude that brake upgrade looks sweet , was it direct bolt on or some modifications needed to be made ? I know there are threads on this but you just did this mod so i ll just ask you lol

damn dude that brake upgrade looks sweet , was it direct bolt on or some modifications needed to be made ? I know there are threads on this but you just did this mod so i ll just ask you lol

The only modification required was a little bit of grinding on the caliper mounting brackets. This is to create more clearance for the rotors. I was able to do this with just a dremel tool. Other than that, it's a direct bolt on to the Gen 2 LS. The Gen 1 requires a little fabrication to connect the parking brake since the Gen 1 doesn't have the electric parking brake.

Spent 2 1/2 hours changing out the front passenger window regulator. No real issue indexing the motor; I just made sure the window brackets were in the same place on the new regulator as on the old before installing the motor. The YouTube video shows the guy removing the latch cable so the inner door can be lowered. Ain't happening on my car!! I ended up having to remove the door latch and the door handle to lower the panel. After that it was pretty straight forward not difficult. I did have to do it twice to track down a rattle. I did end up putting a piece of carpet pad between the motor and frame as that was my best guess on what caused the rattle. All bolts were nice and tight so that was my only idea.....

I must have done a good job as I sliced my finger and had to use duck tape to stop the bleeding!! Now MAYBE, just MAYBE my wife will believe me when tell her slamming the door will break something!!! :mad:

edit
After reviewing the video my inner door is much more complicated than his Gen1!!!!

Here are some better pictures of the brakes. It started to rain while I was taking these pictures so no pictures of the tinted headlights and reverse lights. If spring ever decides to arrive in Illinois, I will get some good shots of the car.

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

too awesome man , Crest Hill isnt that far from where I live , we should have a Ls meet and try to get a couple more members to come

Looks awesome JRT - I like the wheels too. What kinda center caps are those? I have Jag wheels in black and want to get some black lincoln center caps rather than the jag ones.

Looks awesome JRT - I like the wheels too. What kinda center caps are those? I have Jag wheels in black and want to get some black lincoln center caps rather than the jag ones.

those appear to be the center caps off the stock wheels of a 06 Ls

too awesome man , Crest Hill isnt that far from where I live , we should have a Ls meet and try to get a couple more members to come

Thanks! I would be down for an LS meet. I know there are a few more of us in the Chicago area I think and T-Money isn't that far either.

These are the center caps from the 17 inch 5 spoke LS wheel painted black. They are identical to the center caps on the 06 wheel as well. I just used a heat gun to remove the emblems before painting them. Once they were painted, I just applied some 3M trim tape to the emblems and reattached them.

I ll start a thread soon for a meet, we have to vote on a location and what not :D

Fresh change of oil, filled up on Mobil1 synthetic. Runs nice n smooth.

Also was going to change my fuel filter (and take a peep at what I'm getting into swapping springs) and wouldn't you know it: My tire iron didn't fit the lug nuts. So I look for my 4 star, of course it's missing. Then I grab the tire iron out of the trunk and that bastard is too small?! I mean...seriously?

Oh well...this weekend I suppose. Will grab a new star iron and get a proper sized tire iron for the trunk.

Now MAYBE, just MAYBE my wife will believe me when tell her slamming the door will break something!!! :mad:

That's one of my peeves with cars. Buddy used to close doors a bit too frisky, kept telling him to ease up. Of course he didn't and ends up breaking a door window (his car thankfully)

IMG_7623.jpg

My painter is doing some/the rest of the body work on bumper cover, then gonna paint...getting pumped!

IMG_7623.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back