What did you do to your LS today?

Leads quite a bit of credence to Toyota's unintended acceleration problem. I have maintained all along that it was a stray electrical pulse confusing the ETC.

After some yard work, I finally got the DCCV replaced later this afternoon. Not a bad job and bleeding the coolant system was less difficult than other cars that I have owned. I have been using Zerex G-05 coolant and distilled water in other vehicle for some time now, so I had the supplies on the shelf in the garage. RockAuto had the best price on the replacement Motorcraft #YG-378 controller. The key was to capture and measure all the coolant that came out of the engine - just over a gallon. That way I knew how much had to be added back into the system. I was able to add all of it back into the engine, except the last 18oz that went into the degas bottle. After a several mile test drive I noticed that the repair also cleared up the "Service Park Brake" issued. Based on when that warning light started coming on and how it was coming on more often of late, the DCCV started going bad (shorted drivers side solenoid coil) a couple months ago. Since it failed in the open position and it was late winter / earlier spring, it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I am sure glad to have full control of the cabin temperature again.

Took the LS to the largest Ford show on the left coast. Scott Pruett and Henry Ford III were there also.

Started on this crap today.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Still have to get both rear upper control arms out. Passenger side is shot!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Came out pretty easy after applying penetrating fluid on it for several days on end,
torch helped also but only needed on inner bolts to frame for the Toe Adjust End Links.

Lots of cleanup needed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Have the rear Eibach lowering springs w/ new OEM shocks and fresh hardware going in.

5.jpg

Fronts already have the Eibachs in but new OEM shocks going in as well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Trunk lid off for corrosion repair around keyhole and surround.

attachment.php

2.jpg

3.jpg

Surround and LSE spoiler to be color matched.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wow what a busy weekend. First I went by the local Paint and Body Supplier, and had him mix the correct color, then I painted the lower rocker covers, the same color as body, to give the illusion of sitting lower, looks great. I painted the faded Interior silver pieces black, to match the existing black Trim, Installed the new console surround, with the one that came in, installed the BMW M-5 rear spoiler, and also painted it to match. already looking much better.

Wow what a busy weekend. First I went by the local Paint and Body Supplier, and had him mix the correct color, then I painted the lower rocker covers, the same color as body, to give the illusion of sitting lower, looks great. I painted the faded Interior silver pieces black, to match the existing black Trim, Installed the new console surround, with the one that came in, installed the BMW M-5 rear spoiler, and also painted it to match. already looking much better.

We need some pictures of that M5 spoiler installed. BTW, what series is it from, E39 or newer?

Are those OEM Sport shocks?

Supposed to be ... Stealership ran my VIN and came up with the following:

VIN: 1LNHM87A91Y674425
2001 LINCOLN LS V8 SPORT

Code: DWAAE // Description: SPECIAL SUSPENSION

- - - - - - - - - ORDER - - - - - - - - - 2001 LINCOLN LS V8 SPORT // SPECIAL SUSPENSION

2X Front Shock Absorbers // 18124 (AST-25)
'00-'02 V8 Front "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24464 or BU2Z-18V124-R or 1W4Z-18124-DA or AST25
1W43-18045-DA - AST25 - Shock Absorber FRONT COLOR CODE GREEN - w/PERF SUSP

2X Rear Shock Absorbers // 18125 (AT-704-G)
'00-'02 V8 Rear "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24468 or BU2Z-18V125-U or XW4Z-18125-BA or AT704G
1W43-18080-BA - AT704G - Shock Absorber REAR COLOR CODE PURPLE - w/PERF SUSP

Gave my LS a quick bath and sent her to the shop to get her running again.uploadfromtaptalk1398719572233.jpg

She still with need a thorough cleaning once she is running, but she looked really sad as dirty as she was.

uploadfromtaptalk1398719572233.jpg

Amazing the amount of brown mud/gunk that fuel filter collects in a short span. One would think the fuel tanks
are rusting out which is near impossible considering the majority of the fuel holding/delivery system is 'plastic'. (kinda)

That gunk comes from the underground tanks at the gas station. It typically settles but gets stirred up when the tanker delivers a load - hard to avoid but I don't get gas if I see the tanker there.

That gunk comes from the underground tanks at the gas station. It typically settles but gets stirred up when the tanker delivers a load - hard to avoid but I don't get gas if I see the tanker there.
I also avoid fueling if I see the tanker delivering, one of those little bits of knowledge handed down....

I also avoid fueling if I see the tanker delivering, one of those little bits of knowledge handed down....

I also do that....... HOWEVER, how do you know if the tanker just left? They also have filters prior to the gas reaching the pump.

All makes sense ^ changing the fuel filter often or at least once a year, IMO is best practice. I mean for the cost,
it's a huge difference maker for sure. When I did mine, I was immediately impressed with the difference it made.

I also do that....... HOWEVER, how do you know if the tanker just left? They also have filters prior to the gas reaching the pump.

And those filters have bypass valves in them because the gas station isn't going to give up a sale over a plugged filter. I had to clean out a clogged fuel system about 3 years ago because of a bad tank of gas "filtered" by the station.

It takes about 30 minutes for the crap to settle back out, and by the time the tanker jockey gets his gear put away, the paperwork dealt with and back on the road it's pretty close to the 30 minute mark.

Last fall close towards the winter the Shell I mostly get my LS fuel from, had the old tanks dug up and new ones went in.
It was closed off for the day and the following as new modern pumps went in. Along with my next fresh fuel filter, I'm good.

Been off of here for a few months. And in that time ive added HID's in lows and fogs (8k). Restored my headlights (or attempted too). And installed some more emergency lights. Next is the Valve cover gaskets, again!:Bang
http://youtu.be/WdLZahNL2wg

Borrowed a friend's brake tool set and turned the rear calipers all the way in/out, then left them close to all the way in.
Both rears don't appear to be tight or tough to move. Further cleaned up. All four brackets going for sandblasting.

Members online

No members online now.
Back