What did you do to your LS today?

336b6fe23dccf5ea63bbb6fedb03d6469017e33ab2ff0a9f089307a1c56cbc32.jpg

336b6fe23dccf5ea63bbb6fedb03d6469017e33ab2ff0a9f089307a1c56cbc32.jpg

Picked up my new "Special Suspension" Sport Struts from the local Stealers today,
Green for the fronts, Purple for the rears. Actually got good pricing on these.

20140318_205614.jpg

20140318_205719.jpg

20140318_205749.jpg

Nuts, Bolts, Fresh Oil drain plugs and some new side vents.

Eibach springs going in the rear this season, fronts already done last season.

20140318_205614.jpg

20140318_205719.jpg

20140318_205749.jpg

That purple is certainly purple, but that green looks less than accurate.

I changed the driver side front wheel hub (did the passenger side a few weeks ago), the engine oil and the cabin air filter. Haven't driven it yet to see if my gravelly bad bearing sound is gone though. Changing the passenger wheel hub cut that noise quite a bit.

^ Purchased by VIN of my LS, P/N's have changed, comes up as Special Suspension group fitted. Green is Green,
Base numbers stamped directly into the struts themselves. These are the ones that come up for this 01 Sport LS V8 by VIN.

Why would you say "green looks less than accurate" ?

Really would be wonderful if this thread was kept 'somewhat' close to the actual subject.​

Taking the summer wheels this weekend to the guy who is going to refinish them and straighten them! Pics to come!

^ Purchased by VIN of my LS, P/N's have changed, comes up as Special Suspension group fitted. Green is Green,
Base numbers stamped directly into the struts themselves. These are the ones that come up for this 01 Sport LS V8 by VIN.

Why would you say "green looks less than accurate" ?

Because it is orange...

Will BigRigLS get it? Will enlightenment come? Stay tuned, same BigRig-Time, same BigRig-Channel!

<shrugs> Not sure what that's supposed to be all about.
Clearly you don't share my excitement about my new Sport shocks, nor do I expect you to.

Yesterday: purchased it.
Today: flush and fill radiator, oil change, diff fluid change, brake fluid change, alignment and new tires.

Trans fluid change will happen next week.

Oh. And I reset the door code :)

Just my sense of humor... don't be so sensitive.

Ah yes, I'm too sensitive, got it!

Color of rubber bushings on the ends?

The descriptive color code group designation on the part number is referring to the color tags on the shocks themselves directly below the stamped P/N. Not the rubber bushings.

If you look closely, on the rear shocks, there is a little round purple/lavender color swatch and on the front shocks a green one. (that one is painted on leaving brush marks as opposed to the round)

I thought you knew that ...

2X Front Shock Absorbers // 18124 (AST-25)
'00-'02 V8 Front "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24464 or BU2Z-18V124-R or 1W4Z-18124-DA or AST25
1W43-18045-DA - AST25 - Shock Absorber FRONT COLOR CODE GREEN - w/PERF SUSP

2X Rear Shock Absorbers // 18125 (AT-704-G)
'00-'02 V8 Rear "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24468 or BU2Z-18V125-U or XW4Z-18125-BA or AT704G
1W43-18080-BA - AT704G - Shock Absorber REAR COLOR CODE PURPLE - w/PERF SUSP

Mlara's intake came in today ( Thanks again man ) , changing my belt tensioner and idler pulley 2morrow ^.^

20140320_192858.jpg

Some cosmetics:
I mounted a gloss black grille, teeth and upper trim. The teeth were flat black, now gloss. Also put on a pair of debadged trunk tail lights. Who designed the chrome on the grille? It looks like a tiara on the car's forehead.

I mounted my new vanity plates with my/my cousin's initials and his birthday. It's the Italian everyone-has-the-same-name thing. He left me the car when he passed away in Decemeber, but with college and the distance between us, it's taken me this long to get the car, gather parts/tools and work on it.

The big job: Valve cover gaskets.
Finished the VCGs. Worst. Job. Ever. I had a mini heart attack when I popped in the cabin filter basin in finally and the engine died and wouldn't start. It pushed a bracket into a COP wire, nicked it, and shorted it out, popping the fuse. I put the Accel coils in so the wires are now facing the other direction and further out. Took me FOREVER to get the dipstick tube in. I jacked up the car but that didn't help because I still couldn't see anything. Somehow, after just casually poking the thing around, it found the hole... after 2 hours. I fear I pushed some gunked up sand into the engine though... I hope the filter catches it :/ Interestingly, I found the driver's side VC easier. Maybe I took off extra unnecessary parts on the passenger side, maybe I really learned enough on the other side, or maybe I just had a convenient combination of hose clamp orientations. Either way, I strongly recommend taking off the cowl and cabin filter housing. It's not mentioned in the tech article I'm pretty sure, but it made the rear bolts so much easier to maneuver. It also looked pretty cool walking by the car with the hood closed and seeing the yellow Accels shining from the engine bay through the cowl opening.

What a finicky car.

Edit: fun fact, the car will run "fine" on 7 cylinders. I had a rough idle, 5 mins into the drive threw a P0354. The friggin cabin filter housing unplugged coil 4 (I may have damaged the 5 of 8 connectors when trying to reverse polarity...)

Re- Dipped the wheels, Fuel system cleaning , And all of a sudden the brake/rotor shield broke off the right rear and is bouncing around in there, so I'll be removing that in the morning before school -_-

^ Nice! colormatch the bumper trim chrome, IMO would look finished.

Thanks guys, I'll be covering the chrome trim next week right before this car show on the 30th more pics to come

Re- Dipped the wheels, Fuel system cleaning , And all of a sudden the brake/rotor shield broke off the right rear and is bouncing around in there, so I'll be removing that in the morning before school -_-

Marley, did you redip with a diff color, or why did you redip 'em? Realistically, how long can you expect a dip to last?

I may do some dipping on another vehicle, and tell me...can you clear coat the dip to give it a sheen, or do you have to stick with a "glossifier" that is their product?

Thx

Marley, did you redip with a diff color, or why did you redip 'em? Realistically, how long can you expect a dip to last?

I may do some dipping on another vehicle, and tell me...can you clear coat the dip to give it a sheen, or do you have to stick with a "glossifier" that is their product?

Thx

I just did a touch up, had some snow this week and I scrapped my curb alittle. Black on black. It can last for a long time. I tinted my taillights in February and they still look as good as new with the glossifier. You can do clear coat but id advise to use the glossifier.

Members online

No members online now.
Back