What did you do to your LS today?

can you clear coat the dip to give it a sheen, or do you have to stick with a "glossifier" that is their product?

[Based on when I did a little research, not personal experience] You *can* gloss coat it and it still comes off, but it doesn't peel. It flakes off in little pieces like cheap paint on chrome. Nowhere near as easy nor satisfying. You'll need a monk's patience to take the 'dip out of crevices.

yea LsFrank is correct, I dipped some rims and clearcoated them and they looked really good but taking it off is a b i t c h

Ah yes, I'm too sensitive, got it!

Evidently. Of course, given your posting history I can understand why that would be. Not every response to one of your post is a personal attack.

Color of rubber bushings on the ends?

The descriptive color code group designation on the part number is referring to the color tags on the shocks themselves directly below the stamped P/N. Not the rubber bushings.

If you look closely, on the rear shocks, there is a little round purple/lavender color swatch and on the front shocks a green one. (that one is painted on leaving brush marks as opposed to the round)

And that's the joke. A bit dry, I know, but that's my sense of humor.

I thought you knew that ...

Sorry, I don't care about the LS enough to learn the minutiae about it. I'm just hoping nothing major craps out before I can sell it, probably sometime in the next year or so. If I wasn't getting ready to build a house I'd go ahead and sell it now, but I don't need that distraction.

That purple is certainly purple, but that green looks less than accurate.

I changed the driver side front wheel hub (did the passenger side a few weeks ago), the engine oil and the cabin air filter. Haven't driven it yet to see if my gravelly bad bearing sound is gone though. Changing the passenger wheel hub cut that noise quite a bit.

Drove the car, the gravelly grinding sound is gone.

working on a custom air feed for my cold air intake

1395516773245.jpg

1395516881474.jpg

working on a custom air feed for my cold air intake

I used 4" flexible dryer tubing and (I believe) a connector for a rain gutter (rectangle to round) for the intake to the tube. It was also quite inexpensive.

Today I let the new Shark swim through my LS. The car detail kit is quite handy. I didn't use that today though. I cleaned up a lot in the trunk and put stuff away in dairy crates. I had some ATF leaking the trunk last year and had to get that out of the spare tire well. Lots of paper towel rolls and hand towels turned pink up until now. Somehow I got clear water at the bottom of the spare tire well. Now I know the ATF issue is gone and I figured out where the water was from.
View attachment 828466233View attachment 828466234View attachment 828466237View attachment 828466241

custom air feed and heat reflector lining the heatshield , prior to this the filter was hot to the touch , after all this the filter was a lot cooler especially the bottom of it

20140322_160426.jpg

20140322_164400.jpg

20140322_160536.jpg

20140322_160557.jpg

20140322_164415.jpg

Yesterday: purchased it.
Today: flush and fill radiator, oil change, diff fluid change, brake fluid change, alignment and new tires.

Trans fluid change will happen next week.

Oh. And I reset the door code :)

Today: driver side coils and plugs. Pcv valve

Tomorrow: removal of the intake and pass side coils and plugs. Need stupid plastic elbow for the pcv. I broke the original trying to get it off the old one.

Btw. On the intake removal, do I need to swap out the gasket or use any sort of sealant when reseating it? I just saw the step for inspection in the how to.

Anything else I should do while I have the intake off?

Today: driver side coils and plugs. Pcv valve

Tomorrow: removal of the intake and pass side coils and plugs. Need stupid plastic elbow for the pcv. I broke the original trying to get it off the old one.

Btw. On the intake removal, do I need to swap out the gasket or use any sort of sealant when reseating it? I just saw the step for inspection in the how to.

Anything else I should do while I have the intake off?

I reused the upper gasket 3 times......

Good to know. Now I'm wondering why you've been in there 3 times. ;) hope this is my first and last for at least a year or 2 ;)

thanks. the color is called light tundra clearcoat metallic. its a funny color. i didnt like it at first, but the more you look at it, the more it grows on you.

Coil and plugs
Fuel filter
Pcv valve and elbow
And broke the upper radiator hose fitting while removing the intake apparently. Grrr.

Members online

No members online now.
Back