What did you do to your LS today?

I installed the alignment bolt kit from Eibach is not that hard guys just the bolts that goes in the back especially the one on the driver side I had to take out the tie rods inner and outer to be able to take out the bolts and put the new ones so this friday is alignment time and tires

Dipped my Chrome bumper trim and top and bottom grilles. Not sure if I like it, doesn't match as well as I would of hoped.

960127_10151782706471759_657675052_n.jpg1472875_10151782706441759_12180419_n.jpg

960127_10151782706471759_657675052_n.jpg

1472875_10151782706441759_12180419_n.jpg

did you use pearlizer too ?

Yeah, I did use pearlizer. Either way it's going to be hard to match it almost perfect without the exact paint. I'm doing the back with a few more coats of pearlizer to see how that turns out. Will update.

Dipped the part of the Gen1 tails that doesn't have a light in them. Gonna let it dry and take an xacto knife to the plastidip and make a cleaner line.

uploadfromtaptalk1387401612286.jpg

Lol, yeah I know. I wonder how much that will cost me. Might go get a quote tomorrow. Once this painting is over with I will be so glad.. I hate painting lol.

My poor baby has been sitting for almost a week now , been driving my truck so my baby doesn't get all salty. ..

Took some shots of my new headrest monitors and Kenwood deck. Trying to figure out how to download the pictures and video onto my new PC.

Took some shots of my new headrest monitors and Kenwood deck. Trying to figure out how to download the pictures and video onto my new PC.

I can give you some tips if it is Windows 8. Can't wait till I can afford to put my new head unit in, coupla more months.

Man how times have changed!! My dad and I worked on my '65 (actually, 64 1/2) Mustang together. He helped me install glass packs, jack-up the rear end..... All the good stuff in '74. I tried to instill this love of cars on my son, but he's more the A-B guy with just a little fun thrown in. Though, he does still like to shift for himself!
yea my pops is gone now but he was a ole hotrodder in his younger days . my 1st car was a 65 GTO and we had a great time argueing and rebuilding the 389 ! Miss him and those times everyday ! Don't take your pops for granted youngman it gets better Good Luck to you !

Changed the plugs with NGK and coils w/ new Motorcraft. Cleaned the K&N air filter and cleaned up the engine bay a bit. Changed the oil w Mobil 1 and new Wix filter. Should be good to go for a while. My Magnaflow cat back back came in the mail so by the end of next week I'll have a brand new exhaust system from the exhaust manifolds to the tips (high flow cats/x pipe/resonators/mufflers/4" polished tips).

By the way, I have 8 Visteon coils w around 60k miles on em. I noticed a very minor miss when accelerating up hill but it never threw a code but instead of replacing 1 or 2 I just did them all at once.

yea my pops is gone now but he was a ole hot-rodder in his younger days . my 1st car was a 65 GTO and we had a great time arguing and rebuilding the 389 ! Miss him and those times everyday ! Don't take your pops for granted young man it gets better Good Luck to you !

YUP!! My dad went home 13 1/2 years ago. He would have been tickled pink with my purchase of the 2000 LS. He would have been even more excited about the '06!

Changed the plugs with NGK and coils w/ new Motorcraft. Cleaned the K&N air filter and cleaned up the engine bay a bit. Changed the oil w Mobil 1 and new Wix filter. Should be good to go for a while. My Magnaflow cat back back came in the mail so by the end of next week I'll have a brand new exhaust system from the exhaust manifolds to the tips (high flow cats/x pipe/resonators/mufflers/4" polished tips).

By the way, I have 8 Visteon coils w around 60k miles on em. I noticed a very minor miss when accelerating up hill but it never threw a code but instead of replacing 1 or 2 I just did them all at once.

EXCELLENT move!!

A difference in what? Performance? By removing dirt, which would allow what? More air flow into the engine, more Cubic Feet per Minute, CFM? Are we to believe that more air into a clean filter would harm performance? Or would it just have no effect at all? Now those electric inline fans, those are a drag on performance, because they don't move any more air. In fact, they slow it down by air resistance from the too-slow-moving fan blades. Pure, factory intake CFM would be better than that. But the reason intakes have become popular, even when expensive, is that they do indeed let in more CFM of air into the engine for a given throttle position. Performance is improved along the entire power band. At low speeds, the lowered air resistance increases MPG.

Now, why do Ford and all other manufacturers not do this? Aesthetics, emissions requirements, tradition, not wanting to market a car that runs at it's physical limits... I can think of many reasons. As far as the gains in performance, the proof is in the pudding. Like I said, I've done this to some cars and it didn't do as much as I wanted or expected. Those were the one valve per cylinder engines. My old Sebring six cylinder engine had either 12 or 24 valves, I forget, but the intake had an impact there. On the LS V8 32 valve engine, the effect is rather astounding. My V8 F150, I think only 8 valves, single overhead cam, 5.4L, the intake added some power, but it didn't blow me away.

So it's a direct relationship to valve count, IMO. Probably some other comparison is more correct. But essentially, the more you are processing that air down the line to get some additional performance, such as Dual Overhead Cam and 4 valves per cylinder, the more you are going to benefit from a de-restricted intake. The rich get richer, in this case. The poor get only moderately less poor. So you would have to define what all the possible test vehicles scenarios COULD be. Did they do that, or did they just grab some rental piece of junk? I haven't watched their video, they irk me. I'm pretty sure I could put a restricted intake system on a Viper and then put an open intake system on the same Viper and see some measureable gains in performance.
Every internal combustion engine has to atleast have 2 valves per cylinder 1 intake & 1 exhaust so your V8 F150 has to have at least 16 valves !

Members online

No members online now.
Back