What did you do to your LS today?

...And I would leave it attached and just cut out the bottom of the lower airbox.

Was considering this as well. But I wanted to see how much of a difference it would make with something less permanent, i will probably re attach it and cut out the bottom in the near future!

Wasn't today but the latest on the '05 LS, started misfiring (has 75K on it) on the way to the stealership to pick up the Cmax from service, so we traded one car for the other whilst they figure it out. 2 bad coils. They covered them under some sort of warranty. (?) No arguement from me, was prob a bit spontaneous but I had them replace them all, as I didn't relish the thought of it misfiring again from the domino effect. Pricey but they're all new now (as are the plugs). Got a box of 6 used coils in return...just in case. She's running pretty good now.

Next...shocks.

It's good to be back on the forum again, I've been distracted for a while...

you should get a k and n pod filter, it sounds amazing

20131129_182526.jpg

i havent made one yet because i have to replace my harmonic balancer which is 1500 bucks to fix , but all i did was buy a kkm adapter off a member here for 50 and bought the pod for 40 , all i need is a heat shield for when spring rolls around

yea thats my next thing after fixing the car , my temporary one cost 90 and i cnt complain its nice

no prob man , have you done anything to your car yet ?

Yea the pics I posted were my car!
With me as I'm still 17, I have the issue of my parents freaking out anytime they see me in the garage with the hood open. My dad is one of those "cars just get you to point A and B" kind of people so convincing him to let me do anything or buy anything for it is extremely painful. I did this mod without either of them knowing at a friends house mainly just to do something different with the car, purely experimenting. Also make it sound a little nicer, yet be subtle enough to where my dad wouldn't be chewing me out on it! Just for some perspective, I got a long lecture when I bought 2 new 6000k fog lights when one burnt out. But aside from the headlights and air intake mod, that's all I've altered!

oh yea i remember when i was 17 and got my dodge charger and modded it like crazy my parents werent thrilled but couldnt say anything since i bought it , eventually they accepted my passion for cars

Yea the pics I posted were my car!
With me as I'm still 17, I have the issue of my parents freaking out anytime they see me in the garage with the hood open. My dad is one of those "cars just get you to point A and B" kind of people so convincing him to let me do anything or buy anything for it is extremely painful. I did this mod without either of them knowing at a friends house mainly just to do something different with the car, purely experimenting. Also make it sound a little nicer, yet be subtle enough to where my dad wouldn't be chewing me out on it! Just for some perspective, I got a long lecture when I bought 2 new 6000k fog lights when one burnt out. But aside from the headlights and air intake mod, that's all I've altered!

Man how times have changed!! My dad and I worked on my '65 (actually, 64 1/2) Mustang together. He helped me install glass packs, jack-up the rear end..... All the good stuff in '74. I tried to instill this love of cars on my son, but he's more the A-B guy with just a little fun thrown in. Though, he does still like to shift for himself!

i wish my dad was like you and your father , my dad just lends me his tools and thats it lol

Where can one find an adapter like that For the Pod Filter? A part # would be cool ...
Thanks

But in your case the dealership only is replacing the ones that are failing. might as well save you the head ache and replace them all at once. and if I was you I would do it myself. its a very easy job, and will save you a lot of money.

This. This. A thousand times this.

waggs there isnt a part number sorry , i had bought it from lsemex , id wait around for someone to sell there kkm kit which everyone seems to be doing

Members online

No members online now.
Back