What did you do to your LS today?

Planning on getting my '00 inspected today before I put the high flow cats on..just in case a CEL shows its ugly head..:) ...I know the great sound is gonna make the squad cars show their heads..lol.

Anyone need a new in box OEM Ford (Lincoln LS) drivers front door inside handle for cheap? It just arrived but I already installed a used one and don't need this one. I paid $75 shipped but would sell it for $50.

I decided to get the plastic cooling parts while they are still available OEM. I replaced the degas about 24 months ago (OEM), so am rolling the dice by not ordering it, but if the aluminum version becomes a reality I'm buying regardless.

Got the upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose and thermostat housing connector from tasca. I couldn't find a "crossover pipe assembly" but I think that's part 4Z-8A520-AF, so I looked that up by part number and got it from fordpartsgiant (they call it "tube assembly").

Now I have to decide when to install them all.

Finally got her in a garage to wait and stay clean after 2 months of sitting outside while I fix her back up.

This is way late but, a couple of weeks ago, I bought an a/c filter and replaced the old one YUKKK!!! That old one was absolutely nasty! It looked like the matted pubic hair of a cheap whore after a night of good profits (I think). I really notice the new one works very well. I can isolate from outside fumes now with no problem. Lincoln calls these "Pollen Filters".

Edit: moved period.

Last edited:
It looked like the matted pubic hair of a cheap whore after a night of good profits. (I think) I really notice the new one works very well. I can isolate from outside fumes now with no problem. Lincoln calls these "Pollen Filters".

I sure hope that period is in the wrong place! :eek:

sure these will go sideways.. being broke and currently unemployed :Beer im unable to do ANYTHING on my too do list.. so here's what
I did today with a bit of boredom, ignore the cancer patch. Oh and mounted the badges again. 20131023_100457.jpg20131023_100514.jpg

20131023_100457.jpg

20131023_100514.jpg

This just got in :D

this will be my biggest thing i have done to my car woot woot

8675309.jpg

8675309.jpg

This just got in :D

this will be my biggest thing i have done to my car woot woot

While you're at it make sure you check for oil in the plug wells - if oil is present you'll need to do the VGC's. Also make sure you gap the plugs to 1.1. I bent a couple of plugs the first time I did this, lucky for me the parts store down the street was cool about it and replaced them without questions, so be careful when gapping.

...Also make sure you gap the plugs to 1.1. ...

The spec is 1.0 mm to 1.1 mm. Since the gap seems to wear bigger with time and the bigger the gap the more the stress on the coils, I prefer to always set them to 1.0mm.

I found a small issue and did something that seems to be foreign here lately....... I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many windows did you break??

I tried to push him towards having a locksmith pick the lock, but I did/do think that breaking a window was better than crowbarring a door or the trunk, which I assume was going to be the next step after the hood. I still don't get the worry about stopping the engine first then getting in the car later.

The spec is 1.0 mm to 1.1 mm. Since the gap seems to wear bigger with time and the bigger the gap the more the stress on the coils, I prefer to always set them to 1.0mm.

wait wait what, im very confused now , i read here (http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...952-Spark-Plug-Gaps&highlight=spark+plugs+gap) .054inches which would be about 1.4mm , the NGKs Iridiums i got are pre gapped (i checked) to .054,

am i missing something

i wanna be able to do this myself , instead of taking it to a shop and get charged 200$

but if need be peace of mind is worth the $$

Members online

No members online now.
Back