What did you do to your LS today?

I drove mine and realized that my ball joints or tie rods squeak like crazy in below 20 degree weather. It is a California car, must be California grease is not immune to the cold :). Ordered some new parts, will put on once temp goes above 50

I got my replacement 01-02 cup holders. Now I can get rid of the ninjas tomorrow. They have attacked me twice in the past week. And at least once a week before that. Fvckers.

this was one of the 1st mods i did as well. night and day difference. those ninja holders are idiotic.

The End

Born: April 25, 2003
Laid to Rest: March 3, 2015
Mileage: 128,435
Final resting place: Stan's Salvage Yard

The LS left me stranded by the side of the road for the last time. Death was premature due to the need for replacement of coils/plugs for the fourth time (replaced three times under warranty) , PCM for the second time (once under warranty) and all coolant hoses/fittings. Other failures common to this car are too numerous to mention and too time consuming to fix. With the reliability issues this make/model is known for, it just doesn't make sense to put $2,500 into a car with a wholesale value of $1,500....only to have it break down again.
I breathe a sigh of relief and now have to find something to do with my Saturdays.

IMG_1465-2.jpg

The LS left me stranded by the side of the road for the last time and now have to find something to do with my Saturdays.

left in the trunk.jpg

left in the trunk.jpg

Dusted it off from sitting all winter, going to take it to get the AC fixed, new battery, and an oil change. I love this car

The LS left me stranded by the side of the road for the last time. Death was premature due to the need for replacement of coils/plugs for the fourth time (replaced three times under warranty) , PCM for the second time (once under warranty) and all coolant hoses/fittings. Other failures common to this car are too numerous to mention and too time consuming to fix. With the reliability issues this make/model is known for, it just doesn't make sense to put $2,500 into a car with a wholesale value of $1,500....only to have it break down again.
I breathe a sigh of relief and now have to find something to do with my Saturdays.

So what was the final failure? You sold it to the yard for 1500?

Coils, plugs, VCG, all plastic cooling components and hoses, A/C compressor (and probably related components at this age), and the big one...PCM only available on special order (3-6 months). The electronics have been replaced 2-3 times by Ford under warranty.....most recently at 98,000 miles, just before the extended warranty (lemon law) ran out. Then take it to the dealer to get it programmed and find out what else needs replacing. No guarantee the car would run for any length of time even with everything replaced. Scrap value was $300 with the tow included. I was able to return +$500 in parts that I had planned on replacing if the car was running. All that remains is a coolant stain on the driveway. Good riddance....it's nice to have my Saturday's free.

No offence but for 300$ I think you threw in the towel way too quick on that one.
I understand you are sick of the repairs and not getting anywhere but at the very least I would have sold it for much more privately.

Anyhow, good luck with your next purchase, something to look forward to. Maybe your Saturdays, could for the next while, be test drive days.

Finally dug it out of the snow and ice in the driveway (open diff FTL, 3.56+LSD coming soon hopefully), took it to the car wash, gassed it up, ruined everything by needing to drive it and getting all kinds of puddle spray, then had my brake light pop because enough water built up in the housing and splashed the glass during some LS-style driving.

At least this one has a straightforward fix.

Today I installed my intake tube I've had for a bit and cleaned the engine.

The intake is an sweat shop Ebay special which fit really good. It does make a difference on hard acceleration and sounds a ton more aggressive when on it! Not bad for $95 which included shipping. I did tell the seller I wanted Black Silicone instead of the blue or red which he agreed to. Any other color then black would have looked cheap against the engine.

before and after pics:

intake 1.jpg

intake 2.jpg

Today I installed my intake tube I've had for a bit and cleaned the engine.

The intake is an sweat shop Ebay special which fit really good. It does make a difference on hard acceleration and sounds a ton more aggressive when on it! Not bad for $95 which included shipping. I did tell the seller I wanted Black Silicone instead of the blue or red which he agreed to. Any other color then black would have looked cheap against the engine.

before and after pics:

*regrets getting blue and not even thinking to ask for black*

I was actually just thinking about ordering some black ones... I'll keep the blue filter though

There is a beautiful sound you're going to want to hear again and again when you transition from no throttle to full throttle at around 3000 RPM. Try to gently bring the engine up to that speed in 1st or 2nd in a tunnel or under a bridge, then goose it.

Looks real good all cleaned up like that De-marko!

Well blue matches better then red....I think that for sure would just stand out!

I saw these on ebay which isn't too bad. I think the piping is 3.5"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Sili...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3aa1511e84&vxp=mtr

I know diesel truck repair places have used ones all over the place too, may just give you some.

IIRC it's 3" tubing and the filter needs a 3" to 4" adapter. I'll measure some other time. But yeah, the price isn't bad at all, but I don't need to do it

Got an oil change. Replaced the drivers side cowl. Replaced all of my cowl clips with brand new sparkly, shiny ones. Also removed the old grill and replaced with the Mclaren grille.

HUGE difference. I asked my fiancé if it made a difference and all I got was "eh. It's a car. I don't see any difference." I think the wedding may be off at this point.

So lincoln did a great job cutting out the holes for the clips at the bottom of the grille. Good job guys. Great quality control:

image.jpg

And for the money shot:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

the Mclaren looks great, but there is one thing i usually will recommend to McL owners... one thing that always drives me crazy with those grilles are where the mounting tabs are, there are a bunch of holes that are filled in, and while I know some of the holes are filled so there is something for the mounting tabs mount to... but not all of those hole need to be filled and a few of them can be drilled out.

The only chrome left is surrounding the windows. It's going to drive me nuts til it's gone. Maybe I can put my vinyl stripping on tomorrow while I'm having the odor removal done. Dirty smokers. I'll ask when I get there.

Took him to get a bath, interior detailing and nasty cigarette smell odor removal.
They wouldn't let me put the vinyl while he was sittin though.
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

Back