Waiting Room

I've been to a few. One had strippers. Yay. As I was married at the time I headed on home. The strippers headed to the bedrooms with the guests. Another one, started at a restaurant, ended up at a skanky strip club. Once again, I headed for the house. The men in that place were a sad lot to look at, you'd think they'd never touched a woman before from the way they were gazing at the stage. It was disgusting, and disturbingly hot and humid in there. Gives me the shivers and makes me feel like I need a shower just remembering that terrible experience. And what was on the stage, woof! Some of them were kinda okay looking, but in the end what's the point? I've been to a few "nice" strip clubs, this was NOT one of them.

The only thing I can suggest is I assume you have all partied before, just treat it like another party. Do the things that everyone enjoyed doing. Give the groom to be some gag gifts, and pool together to pay his way wherever y'all go. If you do go to a strip club, at least make it a classy joint.

Yeh those places are full of goons but he hinted at what he's looking for. :/

We've all had our share of ragers (at one just this past weekend of epic proportions) and of course know to pay the way. Thanks for the tip on treating it like another party. I tend to over think everything, had a few posts on here showing that.

Thanks!

Plan on getting a new one or going to school or something. I was out if work for about a week once and almost went crazy and now I'd kill to get a vacation

So you have to ask yourselves, which is it? To work or not to work. I know I'm into enough ....stuff.... that if I didn't have to work, I'd never be bored. I know this because after my 2 month sabattical I dreaded the return to work.

I do not play vidgee games.

After the Canada/'Merica argument in the other thread I got to thinking. Isn't Nickelback along with many other artists/bands from Canada?

Rason I ask about Nickelback is because they get a lot of :q:q:q:q, I'm I one of few that don't mind there music. I'm starting to dislike them because I don't want to get made fun of lol.

You can't roll like that. Tooo bad if someone doesn't like your taste in music, don't do the social/politically correct thing and agree with the peers. Screw'em, listen to what you like. Either that or be someone elses idea of what YOU should be.

I used to hear everyone give Abba fans a lot of crap. Tough __it, I liked them then, I like them now. I like Lady GaGa, Alan Parsons, Satriani, Scorpions, Moby, The Medieval Babes and Enya amongst others. No country, no rap. I'm gonna be me if it kills me.

You can't roll like that. Tooo bad if someone doesn't like your taste in music, don't do the social/politically correct thing and agree with the peers. Screw'em, listen to what you like. Either that or be someone elses idea of what YOU should be.

I used to hear everyone give Abba fans a lot of crap. Tough __it, I liked them then, I like them now. I like Lady GaGa, Alan Parsons, Satriani, Scorpions, Moby, The Medieval Babes and Enya amongst others. No country, no rap. I'm gonna be me if it kills me.

yeah I agree, I listen to what ever I like and don't care. i do not like nickleback, I used to but it seemed like lately everything they produce sounds exactly the same. But I like a huge variety of music. I like a lot of things.

And I work to support my hobbies. I know if I had the money to not work I could find plenty to occupy my time but that's not the case so i would just be broke and bored.

"One man, alone, betrayed by the country he loves, now their last hope in their hour of need."

Seeing if anyone on here has bachelor party experience. My buddy's getting married in Niagara Falls, ON on July 1st. Having the bachelor party there two days prior. I've never been to a wedding let alone had to plan this daunting task. Other friends in the party are not offering much input. *shrugs* Should have started this a while ago but I thought his older brother would have done something but whatevs. The whole schedule has been a trip since he's in the Army and what not.

I have a restaurant picked out (Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse if you were wondering) but that's about it. Looking for more than a last meal, booze 'em up, and hit the clubs. Trying to squeeze in a falls tour or something but not sure what the norm is for these things (not like it matters, different strokes for different folks).

Odd stuff to ask about on a car forum but it never hurts to ask since we have such a wide range of guys and few gals on here.

Would greatly appreciate any input either reply or pm.

Thanks fellas.

Your on the right track... FOr guys, its alot easier... Depending on how you all get when u go out ( and how big the bail fund is :shifty: ) transportation is a great thing to plan... every town has some sort of party bus / shuttle thing you can rent for the night... with enough guys, usually ends up like 30-50 ea. then everyone gets home the next morning. Plus, those guys usually can help with plans/ places to go.

Ive got plenty of stories (which are great to have) but dont want to ruin it or the weekend with a DUI. If the "leashes" are alittle tighter then that, see whats walking distance from the hotel and just stick there all night.... let us know how it goes

My latest comment in regards to the music was half jokingly. I'm not going to stop listening to something because other's say it's awful.

The problem with this party is that there's 6 people at the most. 1 being the groom, 2 of us actually having money to support it, the other 2 or 3 being along for the ride. Both the bride and groom made it very clear that anything goes but jail time which is something none of us need. Definitely have multiple cab places on deck and some places offer free limo service so we'll be taking advantage of that as well.

From the sounds of it, it pretty much runs it self if you're going out. I think it would be a little different if we were getting a suite in a hotel and hosting it and having to bring it all in.

Thanks for the tips. Definitely hoping to come out of this with a few stories of my own but more importantly want to send him off the right way. Will definitely post up about. Might be able to sneak in a shot or two of the LS over the weekend to keep it relative to the forum.

Hey, I'll see your ABBA and raise you a Barry Manilow. I've got pretty much all his albums, even the crappy show tunes one. Don't like that one much. I also like pretty much anything but country and rap, and their bastard child CRAP, which is a country rap. Yep, some dip's rapping about punching doggies and bailing hay. My favorite's Phil Collins and Genesis after Phil took over.

So, am I the only one here that wants to hold onto their LS long enough to put on a historic plate. It's one helluva commitment but It's a long term dream of mine lol. The countdown is down to, oh about, 18 years now. Never know what will come up but I'm wanting an addition after graduation then getting mine ready for some serious garage time.

I totally want to man. I would love to have a historical plate on mine. I dont ever plan on selling it, I just plan on buying more cars lol

Same here but we all know it's inevitable for stuff to come up that would keep us from doing so.

I'm probably never going to stop going to school after my bachelor's. I don't want to be limited in career choice because of my degree. Then again, people you know and experience goes a long way.

I'm probably never going to stop going to school after my bachelor's. I don't want to be limited in career choice because of my degree. Then again, people you know and experience goes a long way.

True that. Its so much easier to get jobs if you have an in. I just got my associates but the job market is still meh in Michigan (as I'm sure you know) so I figure Ill at least get my bachelors before I start really looking

Networking. A large number of jobs are landed by knowing the right people. Gives you an edge over the other random resumes.

Networking. A large number of jobs are landed by knowing the right people. Gives you an edge over the other random resumes.

its always said: "it's who you know, not what you know"

And yes network as much as you can, Unless you are a wizard in your field with a couple decades of experience the boss's useless buddy will get the job, which is sad.

its always said: "it's who you know, not what you know"

And yes network as much as you can, Unless you are a wizard in your field with a couple decades of experience the boss's useless buddy will get the job, which is sad.

What you know is just as important, because it will keep you there.

What you know is just as important, because it will keep you there.

Yeah, or your ability to learn. Some companies don't want people with years of experience, as they may also bring habits with them. Some like to train the person to fit the needs of the company.

Very true.
To add to that, a lot of companies make up bs positions (regardless of job duties) and attach administrative assistant title to it. This way they can pay starting salary.

Very true.
To add to that, a lot of companies make up bs positions (regardless of job duties) and attach administrative assistant title to it. This way they can pay starting salary.

ha yes my company does that

Fortunately I have an "in" at Ford and just recently at Chrysler helping me get into the engineering of either company. Now onto GM. From the sounds of it my friends dad at Chrysler will get me an interview. We shall see.

Grooming the employee, know that first hand. A company around here, "Big Z", grooms their employees to think of themselves as better than everyone else. They put there pants on just like the rest of us if I remember correctly. Where I'm at now that isn't "Big Z" I can tell.

Whattttt lol too bad the driver didn't armor plate his truck with LS sunroofs...He would still be driving

I wish I had an extra sunroof lying around, i would love to see what the the actual strength is

do some elasticity and tensile test on the glass as well as force it takes to break the glass.
I am not sure that you can test class like metal but you get the idea

Members online

No members online now.
Back