Waiting Room

I don't think I could handle the pressure of being an air traffic controller. One thing about my job, if I screw up people don't fall out of the sky. Not looking forward to the remote control surgery though, circuit errors on the control line of a remote surgical unit...

It's not making the mistake. Everyone does. It's recovering and fixing the mistake before it becomes an issue. That's the problem today; controllers and pilots are too reliant on the technology.

As my pilot friend likes to point out.....

Pilot screws up, pilot dies....

Controller screws up, pilot dies!!!

nq-steven.png

... I mean, FINALLY downloading WINDOWS 10
rolleyes.gif

nq-steven.png

It was our new Canadian Defense Minister, Shields up!

To change the story a bit ...

ANYONE HERE VAPING and if so, WHAT YA HITTIN WITH?

Today, I picked up some fresh .5ohm coils for both my KangerTech Plus and Arctic tanks, restocked up on my current favorite twelve monkey ejuice, Mangabeys still rocks, so sweet and tasty.

Picked up a new Pound Cake flavor from a company called Teleos, all 3Mg Nic. ~ Just Vaping a toothache here on the sweet stuff.

I'm vaping on the Aspire Atlantis V2 sub ohm tank and the Smok M80 80W MOD. I FREAKING LOVE IT! I used to use Kangertech Protank3 and Itaste VTR.
I only vape on a local shop's custom juices. I get them at 18MG and then add my own VG to cut the nicotine levels and make more juice. So 1 $16 30ml bottle becomes 4 30ml bottles. So if you work in the cost of the VG I spend about $5 per 30ml bottle. It's a good system. I think anyways.

Current setup (Back to the future covering on the Smok M80 Mod):

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

" just say no to win 10 " .

freaking crazy talk...

other than the free update not completing and removing the crack on my non legitimate copy of win7 Pro and the computer wont fall asleep anymore (which is a pretty low amount of problems for a day one launch from Microsoft!), its been smooth sailing and a welcome visual update with some neat features.

if you are running win8 or 8.1, there is no reason* not to do it!

*as long as you dont use media center to stream local movies to other devices like Xbox 360

ANYONE HERE VAPING and if so, WHAT YA HITTIN WITH?

sorry missed this one some how...

started out with a Aspire Nautilus on a cheap 2200ma variable voltage twist battery.

then scooped up a Stingray X mechanical mod and a Manta V2 RDA (both clones because even most YouTube reviewers cant tell the the difference between the $50 and $300 parts) for when i just want to kick back and chuck clouds.

last week I retired the Nautilus for a KangerTech subbox kit, with a Subtank Mini @ .5ohm and a 50w SubBox Mini box mod battery.

usually mix my own juice, prefer around 70%-80% VG and mostly been on a breakfast kick lately switching between fruit loops and apple jaxs flavors.

freaking crazy talk...

other than the free update not completing and removing the crack on my non legitimate copy of win7 Pro and the computer wont fall asleep anymore (which is a pretty low amount of problems for a day one launch from Microsoft!), its been smooth sailing and a welcome visual update with some neat features.

*as long as you dont use media center to stream local movies to other devices like Xbox 360

Nope,,dont like it..
had it on a laptop for months.

good for appliance users tho.

win 8 was worst OS since win ME :)
so ANYTHING would be better !!

sorry missed this one some how...

usually mix my own juice, prefer around 70%-80% VG and mostly been on a breakfast kick lately switching between fruit loops and apple jaxs flavors.

I switch between Spearmint, Cotton Candy, Banana Split and Red Hot Cinnamon.

The Red Hot is on point. it even gives you that warm cinnamon feeling in your mouth. MMMMMMMM

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here perfectly happy with Windows 7. It's a computer with a mouse, not a tablet. I have no need for that swipey stuff and tiles. I even wish my Xbox 1 dashboard was more like the 360... I just went to look for my settings. Why in the hell do my pinned apps not show up without an internet connection?? Is this supposed to be some constant Win 10 integration crap? Locally stored apps. Pinned to my locally located dashboard. Need an internet connection.

Tried it for a week or two and hated it more than 8.1 so I went back. Too many customizable things. I don't want to have to spend time making things look like they do now.

I am seriously thinking of taking it to a friend who will install 7 Premium for $150......

Tried it for a week or two and hated it more than 8.1 so I went back. Too many customizable things. I don't want to have to spend time making things look like they do now.

I am seriously thinking of taking it to a friend who will install 7 Premium for $150......

There are cheaper install's out there,,,MUCH,much cheaper,,as long as you dont try to upgrade,needs to be a clean install.
your friend should know about them.

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here perfectly happy with Windows 7. It's a computer with a mouse, not a tablet. I have no need for that swipey stuff and tiles. I even wish my Xbox 1 dashboard was more like the 360... I just went to look for my settings. Why in the hell do my pinned apps not show up without an internet connection?? Is this supposed to be some constant Win 10 integration crap? Locally stored apps. Pinned to my locally located dashboard. Need an internet connection.

I was told long ago the long term plan of MS is to have one OS across all platforms.
cell phone,tablet,pc,everything.
so that a user could work any of the appliances.

There are cheaper install's out there,,,MUCH,much cheaper,,as long as you dont try to upgrade,needs to be a clean install.
your friend should know about them.

like free!!! lol

I was told long ago the long term plan of MS is to have one OS across all platforms.

of course they are, it would be very smart for them... too many people get upset/confused when the experience changes across different devices... having all of your devices operate the exact same way and have everything be compatible would be a huge step forward. especially now that all tablets and phones are starting to have the same kind of computing power and laptops and desktops having touch interfaces, there really isnt as much difference between the different software needs for all kinds of devices.

really its been a long time coming

like free!!! lol

of course they are, it would be very smart for them... too many people get upset/confused when the experience changes across different devices... having all of your devices operate the exact same way and have everything be compatible would be a huge step forward. especially now that all tablets and phones are starting to have the same kind of computing power and laptops and desktops having touch interfaces, there really isnt as much difference between the different software needs for all kinds of devices.

really its been a long time coming

one huge step forward for Microsoft ,,,,,leaving the world more vulnerable ....

sigh,,,,,,,,,

C>

Someone already does....... They're called Apple.....

I'm vaping on the Aspire Atlantis V2 sub ohm tank and the Smok M80 80W MOD. I FREAKING LOVE IT! I used to use Kangertech Protank3 and Itaste VTR.
I only vape on a local shop's custom juices. I get them at 18MG and then add my own VG to cut the nicotine levels and make more juice. So 1 $16 30ml bottle becomes 4 30ml bottles. So if you work in the cost of the VG I spend about $5 per 30ml bottle. It's a good system. I think anyways.

Current setup (Back to the future covering on the Smok M80 Mod):

View attachment 828474400

Had a nice comment for this but the profanity filter won't allow it. Oh well...

you can bypass the filter. see below:

sh!t, fvck, d@mn, @ss, b!tch, cvnt, wh0re

Telco didn't specify which profanity filter. Maybe it's his own. Or his wife's. Or North Korea's

I saw an interesting hypothetical point made in the recent xenophobic Taiwanese subway incident/scam attempt. If only one country doesn't have racism, it's very likely to be North Korea. I'm sure they find other things to be bigoted about, though, such as social or working class, home city, something like that. Maybe just have two all-inclusive passes: dear leader and not dear leader.

Someone already does....... They're called Apple.....
I would have chosen Apple years ago but, at the time, there wasn't great Flight Simulator software developed to run on the Macs. There were/are open source programs for flight but open source programs suck for the genre. A well developed flight sim needs contributions from those in the real world flight industry and not some dingbat that thinks they know how planes fly because they saw them at an airshow or on the TV.

It's not making the mistake. Everyone does. It's recovering and fixing the mistake before it becomes an issue. That's the problem today; controllers and pilots are too reliant on the technology.

As my pilot friend likes to point out.....

Pilot screws up, pilot dies....

Controller screws up, pilot dies!!!

Mechanic screws up, pilot dies...

Windows:

Years ago, l was a big advocate for Lotus 123 and Wordperfect. Microsoft starting pushing their programs (Excel and Word...). Companies latched on to the integrated program concept and now few people remember Lotus or Wordperfect.

I believe MS is trying to do it again. Tie all platforms together under a common user interface and get corporations to jump on the MS bandwagon. Force out the competition. But, Android may beat them to it. Or, maybe Apple will finally take over. Note, I hate MS. But I am addicted to my Xbox one and 360.

Members online

Back