UltimateSVT's black on black '97 SLOOOWWW progress thread

Try taking some photos with the car on pavement. It's hard to see the color with all the green reflection from the grass.

Thanks everyone. I'm having a blast with the car. Today I dusted off the dirt with a microfiber towel & cleaned the door jabs, trunk jambs & around the engine bay. Tomorrow I clean the interior. I don't want to clean the motor only because I don't want to dirty the fenders & front end, lol.

I now have new wall paper! Looks great man!

Let me know if you guys want higher resolution pictures! I shrink them prior to uploading them but these pictures are HUGE!

Bye bye prairie tan!!! Nice job Alex

Let's not say farewell to any of my cars yet. They are both still very much MINE, MINE, MINE! My wife got the hint the moment the blue car came home. She knew she would never be driving the Marks ever again. lol. My truck is her DD.

So!...... I have been thinking to rename my "black on black" project which I named "Black Mamba" on all my albums including facebook. So far I've thought of a couple names, one being "Blue Bruiser" then there's the only name I keep coming back to which is VERY controversial but I like it because it suits the car. The car is dark blue but it shines purple in certain angles & certain lights.

I was thinking of calling it "Purple Haze"

Please help me name my baby now that she's no longer black.

Will Jimmy Hendrix always be playing in the back ground :confused:

Lol

You have to ask if we want to see hi res pics? Are you daft? :D

Ok, I chose the 2 best pictures of the group & uploaded them. Remember guys, I will be doing a photoshoot in a few weeks. ENJOY!

DSCN0046_zps75aa3fda.jpg

DSCN0042_zpse34a19af.jpg

Ok, so I cleaned the interior today. Made sure it was spotless. Being that the interior is black & plenty of sanding took place I can tell you the interior looked grey. It was driving me crazy. I have a full spare interior minus the dash that I plan on grabbing for the driver's side seat to replace the bottom. I know mine is pretty decent but that tiny hole is driving me crazy & the one I have stored away is near mint.

Here are the pictures:

DSCN0070ss_zps70980acd.jpg

DSCN0072ss_zps5337ffa4.jpg

Current mileage. I bought her a year ago with 62,400. It's safe to say I barely drive my cars.

DSCN0073ss_zpsb2e53cff.jpg

For those telling me that I shouldn't have my car exposed to the direct sun light & the elements, this is where I've always stored both of my Marks. Even before it got painted. There's a wooden gate that closes just 4 feet in front of my blue car locking them both inside my back yard, away from the front of the house & both under the car ports. The rug next to my blue car is so I can wipe my feet from the white residue left over from the rocks. My prairie tan will get washed next week after this storm blows over this weekend & the car cover is going back on it. My blue one isn't getting the cover just yet. I need to enjoy her a little more! :D

2bcf0ac6-3a1e-4118-9fdf-7425fc2d6121_zps633665e9.jpg

8acad776-9e18-4fe3-aa0d-ffcae4610f82_zps2aaaa68c.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back