To all LS Owners

So I went to check out my buddies 95 Corolla this morning to see how much money plus the LS it would take for a trade. I opened the hood and saw this! Hamster-pulley.jpg

Hamster-pulley.jpg

a toaster oven would take longer then the stove.... I think your missing the point
??? A toaster oven is a toaster...sideways. It makes toast just as fast as a toaster, so I am sure the cheese sandwich would go just as quickly.

am i the only one that uses a iron to make my grilled cheese?

The red wheel is the vtec. I'd pass on the yellow one. You can really feel a difference when the vtec kicks in.

??? A toaster oven is a toaster...sideways. It makes toast just as fast as a toaster, so I am sure the cheese sandwich would go just as quickly.
Has anyone tried this in a George Foreman grill. Just figured I'd throw my 2-cents in!

Someone should buy some and make a video review. You can use them for making panini like sandwiches, and reheat pizza even

Edit:

These guys cook a burger and omelet in a toaster bag
[video=youtube;AFKRC958GiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFKRC958GiI[/video]

This idiot has not been back since he posted this topic. Two post, two topics. Member for 8 months. He was not a member. He was a troll.

Well at least we got an interesting worth while conversation about toaster cusine from him from his trollism.

the toaster bags work. been using a set for years now. i make ham and cheese sandwiches with them.

Well... What's the verdict? Are you now the proud owner of a Crayola?

Hamster food is MUCH cheaper than gasoline!!

Why do you the engine is hoisted? I'm going to put that engine in the LS!!!

To OP waa waaa. Cry me a river. I got my 2000 V6 with 124K and just hit 154K and had to do rad hose and an AC line and some ball joints,big whoop.

Repair Methods

Get rid of your LS, trust me. I bought my LS from an elderly couple and it had been serviced every 4k miles. It had 80k miles on it. From 80k miles onto 88k I probably put 3 grand in repairs. They constantly need coil changes, valve cover changes, which those two alone can run you in thousands if you don't do it your self. I sold my ls for 2 grand under market value. Because I was so tired of it. I am now a proud owner of one of the most reliable cars in the world. A 2005 Toyota corolla. I had a valve issue and it only cost me 80 bucks. Other then that this car is perfect and. Will easily break 300k miles. My advice yall. Ditch Lincoln and go foriegn. Honda Nissan, Toyota. Much more reliable. But if you can afford luxury mateneince have fun with this disaster. Peace out forums :)

Those ignition coils don't normally go out. What does happen though, the valve cover gaskets leak, the little round ones around each spark plug port, 4 on each bank. When they leak, oil builds up within the spark plug galley an then it pools when enough seeps in there. Next, the spark plug wire/spring that fits onto the spark plug on one end and the coil on the other finds the pool of oil and then the spark shorts out which in turn yields a misfire. As these gaskets fail, it continues.

Problem is; most preceedures via warranty work only allow one fix if only one is failing to spark so the mechanics disassemble and replace one coil (not likely needed) and reassemble. Likely they didn't notice the oil pooled up or if they did, they wiped it dry. Customer pays and leaves only to have this occur again and maybe the same coil or another one because the oil is continuing to seep due to poor gaskets. This is a known flaw, faulty factory vale cover gaskets. When this occurs, the best method is to remove both L&R valve covers, clean all eight spark plug galleys, replace all 8 spark plugs (if desired), replace all valve cover gaskets with the new version kit, then reassemble. The problem most folks are faced with is "missing or mis-fire" are usually repaired by new wires, spark plugs or the coils etc. Well, they will do it wrong on a one by one basis and never get the root cause corrected until the gaskets are replaced and plug galleys cleaned out. Then, once this is done, if there are mis-fires, you can accurately determine what eletric part is failing.

Those ignition coils don't normally go out. What does happen though, the valve cover gaskets leak, the little round ones around each spark plug port, 4 on each bank. When they leak, oil builds up within the spark plug galley an then it pools when enough seeps in there. Next, the spark plug wire/spring that fits onto the spark plug on one end and the coil on the other finds the pool of oil and then the spark shorts out which in turn yields a misfire. As these gaskets fail, it continues.

Problem is; most preceedures via warranty work only allow one fix if only one is failing to spark so the mechanics disassemble and replace one coil (not likely needed) and reassemble. Likely they didn't notice the oil pooled up or if they did, they wiped it dry. Customer pays and leaves only to have this occur again and maybe the same coil or another one because the oil is continuing to seep due to poor gaskets. This is a known flaw, faulty factory vale cover gaskets. When this occurs, the best method is to remove both L&R valve covers, clean all eight spark plug galleys, replace all 8 spark plugs (if desired), replace all valve cover gaskets with the new version kit, then reassemble. The problem most folks are faced with is "missing or mis-fire" are usually repaired by new wires, spark plugs or the coils etc. Well, they will do it wrong on a one by one basis and never get the root cause corrected until the gaskets are replaced and plug galleys cleaned out. Then, once this is done, if there are mis-fires, you can accurately determine what eletric part is failing.

Funny, none of my coils failed that way. I know plenty of others with verified failures with no oil. The dealers are required to do stress testing which does verify internal coil faults to replace a coil under the extended warranty. Your experiences are not those of all of us.

Funny, none of my coils failed that way. I know plenty of others with verified failures with no oil. The dealers are required to do stress testing which does verify internal coil faults to replace a coil under the extended warranty. Your experiences are not those of all of us.

at least he search for a thread that the op would never see or care about

I had a 1989 TownCar. It was plush, it was classy, and it was beautiful. White, half black vinyl top; Signature Series.

But, even though I maintained that car, there was no way she was going to hit 300,000 miles without a big influx of cash.

One day, my wife said to me that she can't get the car out of the driveway. Would not move.

So, I go downstairs, and damn if eveything doesn't sound great, motor, trans reaction, etc, but the car will not move.

Then I noticed that the front wheels are pointing in different directions.

It wasn't any typical suspension failure like ball joints. It was a steering bar the split in half. Thank god it happened in our driveway.

Anyway, I still drive all Ford products (2004 LS, 2003 TBird, 2010 Explorer, and a 64 Galaxie), but every car has a lifespan unless you want to continuously keep rebuilding..

(I've just hit 216,000 on my Galaxie, but I'm on my third motor, second trans, and a whole bunch of odds and ends from suspension to rear end.)

Actually theses days the kids like to plasti dip them in order to preserve the lifespan. j/k

Members online

Back