Taking orders for gen1 heatshields

Got my heatshield today. Very nice indeed. Thanks again. I'll touch base with you in January about that other project in pm'd you about. :)

LOL your so damn secretive. how many "projects" you got going :D

Got my heatshield today. Very nice indeed. Thanks again. I'll touch base with you in January about that other project in pm'd you about. :)

Dont forget to post some pics when you get it installed! I have been doing some sketches and figuring on that other project and I think its going to work out swell.

LOL your so damn secretive. how many "projects" you got going :D

Good one Rell.... I guess I have been a bit cryptic.

Technically, 3. But, most know the engine swap to a engine with zero miles is actively going on. JUST got a call that they will be firing the engine for the first time on this coming Monday. Ecstatic does not even begin to explain how I feel about that. LOL.

Alax is working with me on something visually that I have not seen on the site yet and Hite is possibly building something mechanical / electircal / visual. All should be done, painted and working by the Spring as I am pretty much parking the car for the Winter.

Just got mine :wrench

Going to put a coat of rubber coat today then install Sunday.

USPS says the heatshield is in town and out for delivery today! I just got the ASMI LSK type intake tube delivered Wednesday. Hopefully I can take some before and after pics and get them installed this weekend. I have always wanted the intake tube, and you making a heatshield for it made the final decision to get it done and bought. I can't wait for it to arrive today!

USPS says the heatshield is in town and out for delivery today! I just got the ASMI LSK type intake tube delivered Wednesday. Hopefully I can take some before and after pics and get them installed this weekend. I have always wanted the intake tube, and you making a heatshield for it made the final decision to get it done and bought. I can't wait for it to arrive today!

Ah yah! :) Mine should be shipping soon!

Off Topic - Been seeing a few LSs running around the Glendale area lately... No LSEs though. :N

Sorry for the crappy phone pics but it does prove that this will fit the Gen1 V6. The only problem I had is that it's too tall and I had to push the shield down quite a bit to get it to fit without pushing the Hood up.

Please forgive the dirty engine bay and white silicone in the filter.

Quick review, it changed the sound sligthly of the intake when at WOT and by monitoring the intake air temperature the air charge now matches ambient temperature. Seeing to do it's job. Now I need to get some intercooler lines and finish the intake completely.

Screw it, photo bucket is it

CIMG_2011-11-16-150037.jpg

CIMG_2011-11-16-150044.jpg

CIMG_2011-11-16-150056.jpg

CIMG_2011-11-16-150108.jpg

started life as this

2011-11-18_13-26-35_212.jpg

Then transformed into this

2011-11-18_15-09-35_860.jpg

2011-11-18_15-09-47_412.jpg

2011-11-18_15-10-12_309.jpg

Will be putting it on the car Sunday.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics but it does prove that this will fit the Gen1 V6. The only problem I had is that it's too tall and I had to push the shield down quite a bit to get it to fit without pushing the Hood up.

Please forgive the dirty engine bay and white silicone in the filter.

Quick review, it changed the sound sligthly of the intake when at WOT and by monitoring the intake air temperature the air charge now matches ambient temperature. Seeing to do it's job. Now I need to get some intercooler lines and finish the intake completely.

Looks good, glad it fits! I did plan on doing a air temp test and posting the results but I havent got around to it yet. Sounds like you beat me to it. Thanks for being the guinea pig for the V6 guys

I remember another post about someone mentioning a high-heat engine or caliper paint might be best for this since it's in the engine bay.

I have the following on hand:
Rustoleum Engine Enamel Gloss Black (high-heat)
Rustoleum Indoor/Outdoor Satin Black (not high-heat)
Kylon Indoor/Outdoor Ultra Flat Black (not high-heat)

I would think Satin would be the best look (gloss too shiny, flat might be ok).

I don't see that rubber paint listed at Home Depot, Lowes, Oreilly's or Autozone.

I need to go out for a few things, as the heatshield is down the street in the mailbox just delivered, and I will buy what's needed while I am out.

Only thing I can find is a Flat Black high-heat in Rustoleum, Duplicolor or VHT.

Few questions:
1 - How important do you think this needs to be a high-heat paint application?
2 - Where did you get that rubber spray paint? Will that be ok for high-heat?
3 - Which color: Gloss Black, Flat Black or Satin Black?

(I see Oreilly's lsited a VHT high-heat Satin Black Caliper paint, but it's not carried in the store).

Looks good, glad it fits! I did plan on doing a air temp test and posting the results but I havent got around to it yet. Sounds like you beat me to it. Thanks for being the guinea pig for the V6 guys

No problem.

I remember another post about someone mentioning a high-heat engine or caliper paint might be best for this since it's in the engine bay.
Few questions:
1 - How important do you think this needs to be a high-heat paint application?
2 - Where did you get that rubber spray paint? Will that be ok for high-heat?
3 - Which color: Gloss Black, Flat Black or Satin Black?

(I see Oreilly's lsited a VHT high-heat Satin Black Caliper paint, but it's not carried in the store).

Well the air is being pulled from fender area, so don't think it will affect it much and probably not worth the money.

I work in parts for a dealership so guess what I have stock :lol:

It really just depends how pretty you want your engine bay.

My concern would be the heat from the engine compartment causing the paint/rubber to bubble or flake off over time. Its going to be interesting to see how it holds up because a black coating would make these heatshields look so much better, let us know how it works out!

I just put a single coat of satin black on it. A bit shiny for me. I will hit it with a 2nd coat of flat after a while. Just going to use what I have for now...

The Heatshield and gaskets/seals are great! Good job!

Carquest is a Plasti Kote Dealer and Plasti Kote makes a spray called Professional Undercoat. It is similar, at least it appears to be, to what the above Crest spray coating is. Crest has a website so I am sure that the exact above product can be ordered if one wanted to go to that particular length.

My concern would be the heat from the engine compartment causing the paint/rubber to bubble or flake off over time. Its going to be interesting to see how it holds up because a black coating would make these heatshields look so much better, let us know how it works out!

Hope it doesn't but I will keep yall updated.

Mine is un-open (waiting for paint to dry).
So far we are even (your heatshield showed up earlier).

Members online

Back