Taking orders for gen1 heatshields

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
I am now taking orders for custom gen1 V8 heatshields. I have heatshields for the factory intake tube and the LSK intake tube. I am including a rubber gasket to fit between your factory MAF housing and the back of the heatshield. I will try to get some instructions printed to include in the box but if not, I will do a write up and post it here on LVC.

These heatshields are exclusively for LVC members. I am not putting them on ebay or advertising them anywhere else. This is me helping out my fellow LVCers. I am not getting rich selling these heatshields.

You will need to buy a MAF adapter that has a 3 1/4" opening such as the Spectre 8145 or, if you have the KKM intake filter and MAF adapter, that will work also. You will also need to purchase a cone filter that will fit your MAF adapter.

Some minor trimming may be needed but the fit should be good without altering the heatshield. The ends of sheetmetal can be sharp and cut flesh like a razor so be careful.

To purchase, PM me your email address and let me know which intake tube you have and I will request $40 from you via PayPal. Pay your $40 and I will send you a heatshield. I am using PayPal so we are both covered. If you have any question just shoot me a PM. Orders received by friday will be shipped by the following wednesday.

Once again....THESE ARE FOR GEN1 (2000-2002) V8 LINCOLN LS's ONLY!!

This is what you'll get.......

Heatshield for the LSK intake tube
100_1702.jpg

Heatshield for the factory intake tube
100_1701.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job man. Great way to give back. Someone should paint one black and see how that looks.

Awesome job man. Great way to give back. Someone should paint one black and see how that looks.

I'll tossed that around. I was actually thinking maybe the black truck linning or something. It looks really good as it is.

It should definately be a high temp paint such as engine paint. A sheet of black anodized sheet metal would be cool too but I dont know where to find that....yet.

I have 3 heatshields shipping out tomoro. Post some pics in this thread when you guys get them installed.

My car is still in the shop having the engine installed(2 hours away) otherwise I would post immediately. Thanks again....they look great.

Keep Gen 1 fabricating!!!! :)

Just ordered the MAF adapter from Amazon. Only showing 2 left after my purchase. Just a heads up to anyone else in need of buying one through them.

Just an FYI for those with v6's, I'm going to be the guinea pig to see if it fits. I'll post my results and pictures WHEN I install it, that is as long as the KKM adapter does(IT WILL) work!

Just an FYI for those with v6's, I'm going to be the guinea pig to see if it fits. I'll post my results and pictures WHEN I install it, that is as long as the KKM adapter does(IT WILL) work!

Yours is shipping out tonight along with several others. Thanks for being the V6 guinea pig!

I'm in on one. I live in Topeka so I may be able to pick up in person.

Safe to guess that I was the 4th in the batch which was shipped? :)

Safe to guess that I was the 4th in the batch which was shipped? :)

Actually I only shipped out 3 yesterday, I got an email yesterday saying the LSK intake tubes were being listed on ebay. I waited to ship yours untill Saturday incase you wanted to get the LSK tube, then I could switch your heatshield to the LSK style. The Lsk tube is $170 shipped. Sending you a PM in sec

I can't wait to get mine :D

Yours will be fabricated this weekend unless you decide to buy the LSK intake on ebay now that its available. If you do let me know and I'll make you the one for the LSK tube instead

I apologize to blazerone22, ATrom, and mechanicboy...your heatshields didnt get sent to the post office until today. I had a familly issue and trusted someone else to take them to the post office thursday for me and that didnt work out like it should've and I didnt find out until this morning. They are on the way and I apologize for the delay.

Marcredd, I held yours intentionally incase you wanted the LSK tube on ebay, you said ship anyway so its on the way too.

I am spending about 5 or 6 hrs today fabricating about a dozen more to fill orders and pending orders. The things are selling more than I anticipated, it's going to be fun looking at peoples pics they post form time to time and seeing my heatshield installed in their cars! Back to work....

I am spending about 5 or 6 hrs today fabricating about a dozen more to fill orders and pending orders. The things are selling more than I anticipated, it's going to be fun looking at peoples pics they post form time to time and seeing my heatshield installed in their cars! Back to work....

Can I have mine autographed :lol:

Ran out of MAF gasket material and boxes so I will be getting more tomorrow. My progress for the day....
100_1712.jpg

Got my heatshield today. Very nice indeed. Thanks again. I'll touch base with you in January about that other project in pm'd you about. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back