Taking orders for gen1 heatshields

Got mine last week and am going to buy some pint for it today! I have been waiting for all the pieces to come in and have just about everything but that little tube from my intake :( I need to call them and have one sent out.

These heatsields are still for sale. They are for 1st gen V8's and V6's with the factory intake tube and 1st gen V8's with the LSK style intake tube. I will continue to make them for awhile just for LVC members so let me know if you would like one.

Still waiting on more pics from you guys who already bought them.....hope everyone is happy with them

Question for you guys who have added another gasket in addition to the one that came with the heat shield. What are you guys making it out of are is there a part number?
Any help on this would be great!:)

hite - What type of weatherstripping are you using for the lip of your heat shield if you don't mind me asking?

Its an EPDM rubber seal. Gripping portion is EPDM rubber with steel core and bulb is EPDM closed-cell foam rubber. Got it from McMaster Carr

sorry if its somewhere earlier in this thread, but any word on Gen II shields?

Not yet, sorry. I've been crazy busy lately. Its looking like after the first of the year before I can get around to doing the gen2 heatshield. I have spoken to someone with a factory gen2 that will give me access to develope it. I think that it will be more like the K&N heatshield with the larger hole that the intake tubes just slide thru. The gen2 doesnt have the MAF adapter setup like the gen 1.

I finally got time to install mine today had to trim the trim piece above the headlight but it all fit good... Thanks!

7C30A607-orig.jpg

Bump...havent sold any heatshields for awhile. FYI...I will be developing the gen2 heatshield soon

New to this forum, don't know the reason for this heat shield and the diff MAF tubes etc. Maybe someone can enlighten me on these. LSK non-LSK? Thank you. Old dog trying to learn new tricks! Maybe PM from someone? Thank you. Maybe show up @ meet learn new tricks? My son lives near St. Louis anyway.

2000 LS, V6, Base, 83k miles (wife's toy)

In short, if you can introduce more(cooler) air to an engine, the more efficient it becomes and makes more power. Granted, it isn't a lot of a power increase but more power nonetheless. Key is to at least pair the heatshield with an aftermarket cone shaped air filter with an aftermarket exhaust. Pair the three and there is enough improvement to feel a slight increase. Definitely, you will feel a better throttle response and have a much more throaty sound from your car.

The heat shield helps isolate the cool air being drawn into the intake (air filter), from the warm air in the engine bay... The cooler the air, the better the engine performs... We're not talking much HP gain, but a little (not sure if anyone has gone a MPG test with it yet)...

I've had mine in since NOV.... almost 4 months now and it looks as good as the day i put it in... Its great quality guys...

I feel like an idiot, but im having trouble with paypal. First time using it. I got the request in my email, clicked on it, but it didn't lead to anything. I then clicked send tab, but it requires your email which wasn't provided. What do i do?

Use your own personal email. As in the email address to which confirmation email from Paypal went. Your personal email will be your Paypal user name.

I feel like an idiot, but im having trouble with paypal. First time using it. I got the request in my email, clicked on it, but it didn't lead to anything. I then clicked send tab, but it requires your email which wasn't provided. What do i do?

I just PM'd you my email address and sent another PayPal request per your PM to me. Thanks

I received one of your heat shields for a xmas present, nice work thank you! I still have to try and put the engine V8 plastic piece on. It didn't fit correctly and I didn't have the time to mess with it. I have the ebay intake tube.

I received one of your heat shields for a xmas present, nice work thank you! I still have to try and put the engine V8 plastic piece on. It didn't fit correctly and I didn't have the time to mess with it. I have the ebay intake tube.

I'm glad you like it. Are you talking about the engine cover not fitting or the heatshield?

I can't wait to see the Gen II ones.

Can they be powder coated?

I'm glad you like it. Are you talking about the engine cover not fitting or the heatshield?

The engine cover with the V8 on it. It doesn't line up with the hoses on the intake tube (hoses going towards the front of car), which isn't a big deal. Once I have more time to play with it I'm sure it will fit, if not I'll cut a little off of it. The heat shield fits great.

I can't wait to see the Gen II ones.

Can they be powder coated?

IDK, Im sure they could. They are fairly flexable so I dont know if that would mess with the powder coat or not. They are made of light gage galvanized sheet metal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back