svt supercharger

The short answer is no it won't work.
also it can't be from a 01 03,04 are the only ones that came with a sc.

Luke

Where do I start?...... There was no 01 supercharger. That is an Eaton off an 03/04 Cobra. It will work on your motor if you source the following:
Bridge pulley
03/04 crank pulley
03/04 timing cover
03/04 alternator
03/04 lower plenum
03/04 plenum heat exchanger
03/04 front heat exchanger
03/04 heat exchanger pump
99+ C heads
90mm MAF
42# + injectors
Custom fuel rails

Have fun!

Damn it! i knew it was to good to be true! what kind of supercharger do i need? laser i loved your kenne bell set up but i don't have those kind of funds! what kind of supercharger do i need?

Damn it! i knew it was to good to be true! what kind of supercharger do i need? laser i loved your kenne bell set up but i don't have those kind of funds! what kind of supercharger do i need?
Kenne Bell.

Do a search. Laser did a brief price breakdown in some previous thread. Also that blower looks like it's been pullied, and is probably pretty tired by now. Probably why its so cheap

here is a used Kenne Bell for a 4v 96-98 cobra, will fit your lincoln-

http://forums.corral.net/forums/power-adders/1356674-2-1-kb-kit-96-98-cobra-pa-only-2000-miles.html

or is you want a 03/04 cobra swap.... this guy is selling one on SVT-
I believe its everything but the C heads-

User Name : LETHL 03
What he said
"I'm not sure what they go for. I seen some go for 2500, but im taking reasonable offer. I will include everything that is on the block. I don't have heat exchanger"

iam looking for a kenne bell now, they want $3,800 for the set up! to much for me right now, guess i will just wait till i can find a used unit. laser i really loved your white 98, looks like it was a pita though.

i would rather just do the kenne bell, i really want the same set up laser had, i just want about 450hp which seems to be safe with stock internals and crank.

also overpriced. i paid half that with an accufab plenum and it came with the HE.

i would rather just do the kenne bell, i really want the same set up laser had, i just want about 450hp which seems to be safe with stock internals and crank.
Then you dont want a KB. IATs are through the roof when you push it to 386 rwhp. Mine was 270*. Even at 331 rwhp and 8 psi I saw 220* IATs. Meth will drop it some but not enough. If you want 450 rwhp (which it WILL NOT hold with stock internals) then you need a Vortech or some other centri style blower. $5000 is cutting it close for an intercooled setup. It can be done but you need connections.

so if i do a vortech i need to stay at about 7 to 8 psi before it all goes boom on stock internals? and how much rwhp should i expect with a vortech at 7-8psi with stock internals?

You can run about 12psi with an intercooled setup. HP is a crap shoot. 350-400 depending on supporting mods and tune and altitude and temperature and humidity and which way the dog is laying down.

Before you get yourself all worked up on the SC you have to start at the rear of the car and work forward. Fuel system rebuild, rear gear upgrade, drive shaft, transmission, and exhaust will take a nice chunk out of your funds for openers. Plus you will need money for a trip to the dyno for a tune and dial in.

Track down 03/04 cobra engine. They are out there. Or find a used marauder engine and boost that. It will have the C heads and other improvements over earlier engines.

Then you dont want a KB. IATs are through the roof when you push it to 386 rwhp. Mine was 270*. Even at 331 rwhp and 8 psi I saw 220* IATs. Meth will drop it some but not enough. If you want 450 rwhp (which it WILL NOT hold with stock internals) then you need a Vortech or some other centri style blower. $5000 is cutting it close for an intercooled setup. It can be done but you need connections.

Meth injection actually helps quite a bit. At 10 psi with a progressive 625ml/min nozzle in the inlet plenum, ACT's are typically dropping ~30 degrees over the course of a pass. In other words, if I'm sitting in the beams at 170 degrees and in vacuum, the ACT's will be around 140 degrees by the time I go through the traps. The last time I dyno'd the car, it made 478rwhp/390rwtq, though I'm sure it's picked up a little more power since then as I've been tuning it at the track. Keep in mind, this is NOT on stock internals.

Meth injection actually helps quite a bit. At 10 psi with a progressive 625ml/min nozzle in the inlet plenum, ACT's are typically dropping ~30 degrees over the course of a pass. In other words, if I'm sitting in the beams at 170 degrees and in vacuum, the ACT's will be around 140 degrees by the time I go through the traps. The last time I dyno'd the car, it made 478rwhp/390rwtq, though I'm sure it's picked up a little more power since then as I've been tuning it at the track. Keep in mind, this is NOT on stock internals.
I understand but at the same time thats just one day. I know for a fact that on a hotter day and with some heat soak that your 2.1 non intercooled blower will get way over 200* IATs.
Your setup with an intercooled centri at the same PSI would make quite a few more HP. Looks like you must be around 10.5:1 CR?

Now dont get me wrong, I LOVE twin screw blowers. They are by far the most fun on the street cause power is instintanious and you can get the jump on the ass hat in the F body. My only gripe is no intercooler for a B head car. :(

I understand but at the same time thats just one day. I know for a fact that on a hotter day and with some heat soak that your 2.1 non intercooled blower will get way over 200* IATs.
Your setup with an intercooled centri at the same PSI would make quite a few more HP. Looks like you must be around 10.5:1 CR?

:D If my data was from just one day, I wouldn't have posted a thing. Cruising along on a hot day, ACT's will indeed sometimes reach and barely exceed 200 degrees. The highest I've seen thus far with the current pulley ratio was on a 97 degree day last summer, when it reached 228 degrees under vacuum on coastdown after some very "spirited" driving. I wouldn't advise beating on a FI car on a hot day like that, but I wanted to see where the max ACT range of that setup would be. At the same time, on a 93 degree day last year, I was seeing 140-150 degree ACT's under boost on five back to back dyno pulls. As soon as the car is under boost, the meth injection kicks on and the temps drop rather than climb. It took quite a while to get the meth injection dialed in, but the results speak for themselves.

I'm running a 8.9:1 CR and a 2:1 pulley ratio. Yes, an intercooler would definitely be nice, but meth injection can work quite well, too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back