2ml4i0.jpg
[/IMG]
xcvpuh.jpg
[/IMG]
r1k1zt.jpg
[/IMG]
25675sp.jpg
[/IMG]
First time with tinypic. I guess you don't need to sign up? These are just cell phone shots... Anyway, found these last year and got chromed. Conti extreme DW 285-35-18 in back, 245-40-18 in front. They were lonely all winter but at last spring is here. Got these and a traction loc to avoid tire spin at the track. Time to fill the bottle! :)

Looks Great! You should take a pic from the rear straight on and low so we can get an idea of the total width of rubber...285's stuff the rear...wow :D

Tried to but was fighting the sun and cell phone needs lots of light. This was after a wash, no detailing. Ran out of daylight. I don't think a 295 would clear the fender without rolling it. I'd like to see it rolling along from the back.

Those are supposed to be very good tires, I have the DWS, but in a 245. I bet you get all kinds of traction when combined with the t-loc!

sweet mother of god put some tint on that thing!

Wheels look great!

Also I am digging the see-through shed that looks totally durable... lol

I don't think a 295 would clear the fender without rolling it. I'd like to see it rolling along from the back.

The wheels look great. Since you mentioned rolling the fenders. Have you looked at the rear fender wells? There isn't much to roll there. The door and plastic bumper have a smooth lip and take up about 95%. You would only be able to roll about 6" of fender.

sweet mother of god put some tint on that thing!

Wheels look great!

Also I am digging the see-through shed that looks totally durable... lol

Haha, not my place... its a work in progress but it is framed good. I can vouch that its hard to find time to finish stuff with kids.

Thanks for the compliments! I plan on tinting someday but 35% is all I can do. It took a couple years to find the wheels so I didn't want to skimp on tires. So far I like them. Its almost impossible to spin these without a power adder or gears. The handling is great. I'd say a decent improvement over my gforce all seasons but much better in the rain. They do flatspot a little overnight but it goes away fast. Slightly louder too.

Very nice.

Everyone is getting nice Jag wheels on :shifty:

Cool! You say "fill up the bottle" as in Nitrous?

Yeah, 125 wet shot. Went to the dragway a couple years back with just 100 shot and ran a 13.7 @ 100.8 mph with no traction out of the hole. There was certainly room for improvement and hope to get back up this season now that I have some grip and another 25 hp.

This car should have had at least an option for that much power on all motor. Thought briefly about supercharger or turbo but whats nice is the car is stock when I'm just commuting to work. Plus it seemed like there was a string of turbo LS's having bad luck after installation. I'd probably lean toward a supercharger somewhere down the line to make up for the lack of low end torque... you know, after a house and a new daily driver.

Also thought about gears but since I'm after 1/4 mile ET's, going with a steeper rearend would require another shift before the line and probably slow me down... unless it was REALLY steep. Right now I can scream over the line in 3rd.

I have 145K on the clock now and enough money saved for a transmission since it will now be taking the brunt of things instead of the tires.

Nice man! That stuff is FUN! Nitrous is very addictive as I'm sure you are aware of. ;) Is that an NX system? Are you going to do a limited slip diff?

I had a 100 shot on my Bone stock '89 GT about 8 years ago and was running 13.1 -13.3 @ 103-105 mph on some 8.5 slicks. I would launch of the line at the strip and then engage it in 2nd gear.

One day I was determined to run a 12. So, I put in the 150 pill, used my friends 10.5 slicks, smokey burn-out, and launched with the spray on in first gear. Man, that car pulled so hard off of the line it surprised the hell out of me and caught me off gaurd and hit the rev limiter, shifted into 2nd, followed with the loudest BANG I've ever heard. For some reason I though it was the Chevy truck next to me until I realized I wasn't accelerating anymore. I looked in the rear view mirror and the biggest "James Bond" smoke screen you ever saw was pouring out of my car. :lol:

Long story short after barely be able to drive home with water running out the exhaust pipes, I found I had sheared 3 head bolt right in half blowing out the gaskets...good times. I was actually happy because it gave me an excuse to do a stroker. :D

Nice man! That stuff is FUN! Nitrous is very addictive as I'm sure you are aware of. ;) Is that an NX system? Are you going to do a limited slip diff?

I had a 100 shot on my Bone stock '89 GT about 8 years ago and was running 13.1 -13.3 @ 103-105 mph on some 8.5 slicks. I would launch of the line at the strip and then engage it in 2nd gear.

One day I was determined to run a 12. So, I put in the 150 pill, used my friends 10.5 slicks, smokey burn-out, and launched with the spray on in first gear. Man, that car pulled so hard off of the line it surprised the hell out of me and caught me off gaurd and hit the rev limiter, shifted into 2nd, followed with the loudest BANG I've ever heard. For some reason I though it was the Chevy truck next to me until I realized I wasn't accelerating anymore. I looked in the rear view mirror and the biggest "James Bond" smoke screen you ever saw was pouring out of my car. :lol:

Long story short after barely be able to drive home with water running out the exhaust pipes, I found I had sheared 3 head bolt right in half blowing out the gaskets...good times. I was actually happy because it gave me an excuse to do a stroker. :D
ouch! I hope to not have that much fun :) I'm using a progressive controller that ramps the shot by pulsing the solenoids. Its a lot safer and easier on the driveline at the cost of a few tenths. I also run slightly rich and use a Ford GT fuel pump since the LS was taxed with the 100 shot.

car looks great man i always wanted to see how a chrome set of these would look. wish i could find a pair :(

car looks great man i always wanted to see how a chrome set of these would look. wish i could find a pair :(
Thanks. You need to look literally every day and it still could take a year or more. They are rare so if you want them just spend the money buying at a wholesale dealer if you can swing it. You'll get more years of enjoyment for the money and you don't have to worry whether its bent.

Looks great.:cool: Definitely need to get some sharp pictures for LS Calendar entry contest.

Very nice!

You found those on ebay or are they lito ls'es wheels he had for sale?

Looks great.:cool: Definitely need to get some sharp pictures for LS Calendar entry contest.

Will do as soon as the rain stops! Need better background too. My camera is a Fuji s8000. Not the best but better than the phone by far!

Finally someone put proper wheels and tires!!! :))

Very very very sexy. I have the same tires on my Vulcans. Great tires. All you need is 20mm hub centric spacers.

Remove the front plate and don't tint the windows. Looks clean, simple but very classy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back