Summer Wheels finally on

Remove the front plate and don't tint the windows. Looks clean, simple but very classy.

Thanks HyeLife, I thought you'd approve:D Do you think 35% all around would be too much tint?

On my previous car, I did remove the front plate and only got pulled over once in 7 years for it. Perhaps I'll try my luck again, and keep the plate in the car for a while.

I am still entertaining the idea of a spacer, but something a little smaller than 20mm if possible. Maybe 10mm?

ouch! I hope to not have that much fun :) I'm using a progressive controller that ramps the shot by pulsing the solenoids. Its a lot safer and easier on the driveline at the cost of a few tenths. I also run slightly rich and use a Ford GT fuel pump since the LS was taxed with the 100 shot.

Walbro 255 here. I think it will suit the injector's needs fine. :D

I've wanted to put a small nitrous shot on my LS. Just don't think I want to push a 160K mile engine that hard.

Looking good.

Jag center caps need to go, ASAP.

I meant to ask for Lincoln caps instead but I don't mind these (and the car basically is an S Type). Caps have a way of disappearing so I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to replace. Want to give me 4 chrome caps? I'll replace them pronto :-D

I meant to ask for Lincoln caps instead but I don't mind these (and the car basically is an S Type). Caps have a way of disappearing so I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to replace. Want to give me 4 chrome caps? I'll replace them pronto :-D

I actually have 2 chrome ones that came on my lse wheels. I switched to silver caps so i dont need them. One is brand new and the other used with some light scratches. $25 shipped for both. You can get the rest from ebay, from the tasca store, $25 a piece.

Thanks HyeLife, I thought you'd approve:D Do you think 35% all around would be too much tint?

On my previous car, I did remove the front plate and only got pulled over once in 7 years for it. Perhaps I'll try my luck again, and keep the plate in the car for a while.

I am still entertaining the idea of a spacer, but something a little smaller than 20mm if possible. Maybe 10mm?

Oh yea, i love it.

35% all around does sound pretty good if you have to have tint. I like the tintless look so much that i might go and have mine removed today! I have a ticket anyway.

The 20mm spacers that i have are actually adapters (5x108 to 5x108) so if you go 10mm then it is going to be an actual spacer and you will loose a cm from your lug lenths. I think its too much. Also a 10mm is not gonna make it look too much different.

Go 20mm adapter and you will love it.

Walbro 255 here. I think it will suit the injector's needs fine. :D

I've wanted to put a small nitrous shot on my LS. Just don't think I want to push a 160K mile engine that hard.

Go for it. Just be smart about it, use a good controller, and you'll be fine. Put that limited slip to use!! :) I SHOULD use a wideband O2 to look at fuel mixtures but I data logged the crap out of it to be sure it was okay but it can be hard to understand. You can have a wideband instantly kill the spray if it detects fuel shortage though so that's a potential engine saver if a fuel pump goes or something like that. You're looking at about $1000 before the wideband when you add the controller and all the little things. Still good HP/$ compared to the other mods, especially for us.

Fuel pump: There's different versions so I'm not sure how much HP yours provides. 500 HP I think so yeah, you should be all set!

Edit, I included xcal in that cost which you have.

I think this is the one I got without looking at my receipts... 310 LPH and 450 HP. I didn't get it there nor did I pay that much. The GT pump was cheaper than the LS pump!

Those don't look like they go with the LS styling. Its your car though so if you like it, that's all that matters. Try it out.

you can never beat the feeling you get when the summer tires are primed to go

Members online

Back