Stainless Steel Rear Shock Mounts and Poly Bushings

I am in. I don't remember your home street number and street address, if you email me that to me I can send you a check snail mail. I'd love to come and let you help me put them in and shocks for the rear. I'll do a little research on shocks...any recommendations would be much appreciated! I got the other motor mount put in and the throttle body repaired. I would like to get some gen 2 seats also! She's running like a top! Thanks!!

The list of people who have pre-paid at the discounted rate so far:

1. Pengun
2. Hang the Expense
3. Markviiiedrea
4. 97MarkJA
5. Driller

Additional members at the full $66 price:
6. LSC HUNTER
7. Tbirddmnd (LOD)
8. Jeremi
9. Jeremi
10. Epwillis
11. SERGMARK
12. SERGMARK
13. OchoMarko
14. bhans40
15. Cougarmandan

Sorry for the wait, there's only so much I can do when the waterjetter is in different state, and he's doing them in his off-time to save me money...

That being said, I got these last night. That's enough for 15 sets. The last 5 will be coming later. I just need to find a welder now, and they'll be on their way...

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

Ok, so the couple places that I had planned to go to get these welded don't have the capability to weld stainless steel, or didn't have the stainless rods. A couple other places wanted a ridiculous amount of money, and they're not anywhere close to me.

So....I decided that it's a perfect time for me to buy a TIG welder. I found one locally for a decent price, and plan on picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a bottle of Argon tomorrow too. If so, these should be on their way to everyone by the end of the week.

Well, I got my new (to me, lol) TIG welder on Monday, and got it all hooked up and working earlier today (Tuesday).

I was able to get 5 sets welded up.

Here's a picture of them sitting on one of my toolbo....er....Cooling Cabinets.... :shifty:

Followed by a picture of the welder. You'll have to excuse the mess in the garage. Funny enough, I've been actively trying to clean it up and it's just looking worse and worse! lol.

IMG_3471.JPG
IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3471.JPG

Jay, could you leave mine not welded as I have access to the Tig but need things to practice on and this would be a good one. My teacher is getting bent at me for not having things to do.

Well, I got my new (to me, lol) TIG welder on Monday, and got it all hooked up and working earlier today (Tuesday).

I was able to get 5 sets welded up.

Here's a picture of them sitting on one of my toolbo....er....Cooling Cabinets.... :shifty:

Followed by a picture of the welder. You'll have to excuse the mess in the garage. Funny enough, I've been actively trying to clean it up and it's just looking worse and worse! lol.

View attachment 828462831
IMG_3467.jpg

Looks good!
The econotig is a good machine, some reported problems with the transformers going out.
Of coarse when they did they were being pushed to the edge or beyond their limits and run hot. I would recommend a fan to blow on the machine if you are doing anything for a long duration or high duty cycle just as a precaution.
That thing should last you many years with a little care.
I used one every day for about 7 months and it was perfect, coworker used it one day to weld 1/4" plate to a ramp and it looked like he boiled the transformer coil.
I asked him how long it took him to weld the 6 foot run.. His response. " not long, just welded straight to the end" lol

Jay, will all 14 be done by Saturday? Need these beauties pretty badly, thanks.

I'll try, but Probably not in time to get them in the mail that day. Most likely on Monday. I'm working 12-hour night shifts thru Friday night, so I'm pretty much worthless on those days and sleep most of the day. I plan to have the first 15 done and in the mail on Monday.

Looks good!
The econotig is a good machine, some reported problems with the transformers going out.
Of coarse when they did they were being pushed to the edge or beyond their limits and run hot. I would recommend a fan to blow on the machine if you are doing anything for a long duration or high duty cycle just as a precaution.
That thing should last you many years with a little care.
I used one every day for about 7 months and it was perfect, coworker used it one day to weld 1/4" plate to a ramp and it looked like he boiled the transformer coil.
I asked him how long it took him to weld the 6 foot run.. His response. " not long, just welded straight to the end" lol

Yeah, what you've said seems to echo most of what I've read online. I don't anticipate doing anything outside of the recommended duty cycle of the machine, so I should be good. I tend to take my time when I'm welding anyway, and tend to stop quite a bit as I'm working.

I almost decided to get a new Eastwood unit, but I would have ended up spending a few hundred more. I figured it would probably be better in the long run to go with the Miller name-brand unit.

Ok, the final stretch...I'm looking at shipping out the first 15 sets tomorrow (Monday).

The default center hole size is 3/8". I need you guys to let me know if you plan to use a shock with a larger diameter center stud. For instance, the OEM shocks and Koni shocks have a 12mm stud, so the washers and bushings would need to be drilled out. If you'd like for me to do that for you, just let me know. Most other shock brands should be fine with the 3/8" center hole.

Jay, Post Office is closed tomorrow for Christopher Columbo day. I'm using Thunderbird shocks in the rear so does that need any special washers or bushings?

Yeah, forgot about Columbus Day...

I still plan on dropping them off at the post office drop box though. I print postage through PayPal. I work all day Tuesday, through the end of the week, so it's gonna have to be Monday.

As far as stock Thunderbird shocks, I don't know. Most aftermarket Thunderbid shocks are going to be 3/8" though.

I'm in I'll take a set.

Thanks

Toomanymustangs

Sent you a PM yesterday

That is a sexy garage man! Why, because your using it for what its meant for!

Thanks for the update!

Normally, it has the Mark in there. I had to pull it out for a couple days so I could work on cleaning up the garage. It's back in there now, and everything's a little neater. Now I just need to clean up the workbenches!

--Update--

The first 15 orders were boxed up yesterday, and my wife is dropping them off at the post office this morning.

Hang the expense, yours will be going out tomorrow. I didn't get your email with your address until after I left home this morning for work.

--Update--

The first 15 orders were boxed up yesterday, and my wife is dropping them off at the post office this morning.

Hang the expense, yours will be going out tomorrow. I didn't get your email with your address until after I left home this morning for work.

Got mine today, Thanks Jay

Got mine today, Thanks Jay

Sweet! Make sure to get some pics of them installed and post them up!

Me too, can't wait to install them. Should they be painted or just left in the raw?

Your choice, but they don't need to be painted. All stainless steel, so no rust. I've got a set that I installed (unpainted) on my car almost 4 years ago, that still look brand new.

Members online

No members online now.
Back