Spark Plugs of choice-Autolite 764's

14.6@97MPH

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Are the copper Autolite 764's still the spark plug of choice for these cars?

That's the plugs I've been using for years, and I'm not sure if something newer or better is out there yet?

I've got a basically stock 98 LSC with exhaust. It is fast for what it is, as it's run a 14.4, and I want to keep it that way.

I don't mind changing the copper plugs every 15k miles or so, if it keeps the car running a tiny bit faster. :)

Thanks,
Ken

I have heard a lot of bad things about the current quality of AutoLite. It seems like they have followed the same path as Fram oil filters and just tanked. I try to stick with either Motorcraft or Champion for spark plugs, and stick with "normal" plugs for $2 each as all the other gimmicks are just money wasted.

I have been using them since 2005 in 2 different Marks and haven't had any problems yet. I just changed the plugs in the 95 right at a month ago. I still have the old 764's that came out and all eight of them were burning white on the top and looked perfect.

As for other brands, I can't speak for them because I haven't used them in a Mark. I think you answered the question for yourself though if you're swapping them every 15,000 miles and not having a problem yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

ive always used 764 autolites with zero problems. i am getting ready for plugs in my 97 and will put them in too, i have used them in all my marks.

IMO anyone who tells you that a certain spark plug has a measurable performance advantage over another is selling snake oil. Autolites are cheap, they work, and that's what I use. If you're not into changing them every year or so, get some platinums.

I have a stock low milage Gen ll. its set up with a 4.10 rear axel and a wet nitrous system,custom hedders. Which plugs would be best? Its not been on the highway yet as equpted,weather to lousy here in ohio yet.George

I have a stock low milage Gen ll. its set up with a 4.10 rear axel and a wet nitrous system,custom hedders. Which plugs would be best? Its not been on the highway yet as equpted,weather to lousy here in ohio yet.George

One step colder NGK TR6's gapped at .035 should be fine. Is your car tuned as well? How big of a shot are you running?

One step colder NGK TR6's gapped at .035 should be fine. Is your car tuned as well? How big of a shot are you running?

That's what I run with my 150 shot, headers and gear. They work well.

Thanks Liddio did the tune for the Hedders, As soon as the weather gets good I'll take it to him for the correct tune with nitrous. The 150 as you are running was the direction Im' leaning, i planned on getting input from the LVC group and Liddio, B4 the final selection. George

The center console makes a great place to hide your controls.
IMG_0682-1.jpg
[/IMG]

controls

Wow, thats way cool! I have been planning where to put the controls. thats got the non working phone beat.Thanks. George

Members online

Back