SCT Xcal2 Vs Xcal3

when I bought mine.... I had to unlock it... the Xcal2 doesnt unlock until you click that button. The previous car has to be stock first though

so 'returning to stock' does not unlock the device?

what if you click 'erase device'?

SCT Tuner

This is the item I was talkin about.. well I ended up getting it anyways and if I cant unlock it my self it will go back on e-gay for a lil more money... couldnt pass up the deal.. you can call me what ever you want.. but its cheap.. and if I can unlock it myself.. its one hell of a deal I think...:p

just ask the guy if the previous car is back to stock. Once it gets set back to stock you can unlock it. its one of the nice things they did with the Xcal3 is to have the auto-unlock when you put a car to stock

the item is still locked and the guy sold the car... so im wondering if that Livewire will work to unlock it... have to do some more research.. :O

live wire is a type of programmer.... live load is the software... and i hope it turns out that the car is stock or you wont be able to unlock it

ya.. sorry thats what i ment was the Live Load...but what Quik said could i just unlock it from the software

guys - LiveLoad v1.3.1 can unlock the XCal2. It's free.

Only if the previous vehicle was returned to stock can THAT button unlock the Xcal..if the previous vehicle wasn't returned to stock that button wont clear what is called the "hard lock". Trust me, been there done that.

that button is for when you move the Xcal to from one vin locked vehicle to another vehicle.You can "return to stock" and "switch vehicles" FIVE times on the Xcal 2.

After that it's pretty much a paper weight, that will read and clear DTCs and Datalog OBD2 cars.

its one of the nice things they did with the Xcal3 is to have the auto-unlock when you put a car to stock

yea but that doesnt out weigh the serious bugs in the whole X-3 line.

on the sct proracer board there is a guy with a newer mustang that the dash cluster and odometer cease to function with the X3 plugged in.
..and it turns out its not an isolated incident either.

IMHO sometimes "new product" doesnt mean "better product"

so i found a f-ing cheap Xcal2 and the only bad thing is that its locked.

how much did you pay for it?

Can you power it up, by plugging it into any obd2 ford vehicle and scroll down to "device info" and hit "select"... copy that info and hit select again and copy that info.

that'll have the firmwear version on the device, the status of the device and the number of unlocks that are left.

Why don't we see what the SCT dealers that frequent this forum have to say.

Why don't we see what the SCT dealers that frequent this forum have to say.

Well.. why doncha jus do dat.

no worries.

I feel sorry for the dealers who are literally forced to sell the X3's because SCT wont make anymore X2's.

I understand some of the newer vehicles 05 and up cars and trucks REQUIRE the X3, I only wish SCT would have gotten the bugs out of the X3 before they killed the X2

Really it matter not to me.. I have two Xcals...I doubt I'll have to worry about it.

What will the 'erase device' do?

Those two buttons on the left side will 100% guarantee you'll have to get an SCT dealer to get an RMA from SCT, send it to your dealer..they'll send it to SCT.

You'll be out shipping both ways and ATLEAST 10 days without the device.

Rarely you can find an SCT dealer that will front you another device until SCT can sort your device out.
Please dont expect a dealer to do that.
{not saying "you would', just for the benifit of a n00b)

I bought the device for $75 off of e-gay along with free shipping.. havent received the item yet but ill by the end of the week if not towards the beginning of next week.

how much did you pay for it?

Can you power it up, by plugging it into any obd2 ford vehicle and scroll down to "device info" and hit "select"... copy that info and hit select again and copy that info.

that'll have the firmwear version on the device, the status of the device and the number of unlocks that are left.

that is a decent price for a locked Xca2
any more than that.. and your upside down by the time you get it all sorted out.

your still in good shape bro.. dont sweat it

i figure if i cant unlock it then ill stick it back on e-bay the guy only used it once and never touched it after that everything is included with it.. so i think i can still come out ahead :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back