SCT Xcal2 Vs Xcal3

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know most of you have the Xcal3..but I wanted to see the what the differences are between the both of them and what would be better for my car. I have a 04' LS v8 with about 43000 miles on it. Im lookin to get better power and fuel mileage out of it..if that helps any...

Thanks!

The xcal 3 opens up a few more options for the tuner. Unless you want to get VERY specific with what you want.

At least that's my understanding.

For almost everyone's needs either one will work just fine.

Looking at EMPIRELS's one for sale? Good buy, if I had the money right now I would've messaged him earlier this morning.

ya.. i sent him a message already... but i knew that the xcal3 was newer and always newer things have more options to them.. Like I said before im looking to add more hp, torque and better gas mileage...

Yeah I might be selling my Xcal 2 soon.... I told someone a while ago they could have it when I get my live wire, but I dont remember who.

the tune each device delivers is exactly the same - so as far as end result of hp, economy, ...etc - it's the same.

The XCal3 has a few more features in the device itself - backlight screen, ...etc

so if i could get a Xcal2 then not to worry about its features... what about the tunes would that be the same too?

tunes are the same for all of them. My tune from the XCal2 is going to be loaded on my live wire.... no difference just in how it gets to the car

so i found a f-ing cheap Xcal2 and the only bad thing is that its locked. So my question is how in the world do I get it unlocked, do I have to take it to a dealer to unlock them ... someone help me quick... please!! :( :confused:

I think you can pay SCT $$$$$ to unlock it, where $$$$$ is almost equal to the price of a new Xcal.

theres no way i can unlock it myself with some software or anything..? I read somewhere that the original vechicle has to be returned to stock, then it can be unlocked with software, if not then you have to send it in and get raped with the charges...:(

If the previous owner didn't return their car to stock the ONLY way to unlock the xcal is for SCT to do it...

If the previous owner didn't return their car to stock the ONLY way to unlock the xcal is for SCT to do it...

+1
It will be unlocked when previous owner reloads the OEM stock tune, nothing more to due other than buy and load new custom tune.

not true.... sorry man. the Xcal3 automatically unlocks itself. The Xcal2 you have to put the car back to stock and then in the program you load your files with, you have to unlock the device.

guys - LiveLoad v1.3.1 can unlock the XCal2. It's free.

LiveLoad (2).jpg

Are you sure?

If the device is unlocked that button is 'greyed out'

Members online

Back