Savagecat's Progress Thread

Heres my pathetic dyno results

matt_mark8_dyno_sheet.jpg

Screw the numbers, how does it feel? My car made 384/399 and when I dropped the boost it made 331/340 and accelerates much faster. Numbers are only part of the equation. I make up to 8.1lbs of boost and on test day it was around 7.8psi. So you are right around where you should be at 6.5psi.

Honostly I recommend buying the supercharger new after all the money I spent getting mine rebuilt I could of had a brand new one

It feels great I'm definatly happy with the way it drives
Then the numbers are unimportant. I was bummed when it spit out a measly 331rwhp after all that work and money spent. But the fact is the car is an absolute blast to drive and smokes Mustang GTs (not the new ones) and hangs (sometimes beats) with LS powered catfishes.

Just enjoy her now. :)

so bill and savage -- recommand a new sc? I dont want to have any oil feed lines and i want at least 8lbs of boost and recommandations ..... i have a backup motor on hand to rebuild as well

i think it was the post about Ray who was a long time member here who is deceased. he said some pretty rotten things to ray's brother jason and i think it got him banned.

I thought that was Chris, poniesiiiv I think? Also didnt that happen long before November last year? Thought that was like early 2010 or late 2009?

Yeah I remember reading about that. Whatta a$$ hat.
Yeah hes the dude I bought my wheels from. He neglected to mention two were bent..... or ship them out in a timely manner..... or send me the $100 back he was supposed to send......
Then there was the Rays brother thing and that was a bit much. Kinda dissapointed with all that.

I'm still here but my cars buried under 2 feet of snow right now and I dont drive my car in the winter so I don't come on here as often.

where did u get the intake tube from did it come with ur kit????

no I had to make it cause the vortech one wouldn't fit between the s/c and the cooling fan, I don't know how other people got it to fit they must have relocated the radiator or something cause even with the intake I made I still had to mount the fan a little lower and trim some of the shroud off, but you probably don't care about anything I just said since thats not what you asked

Ok well I'm trying to decide on my next upgrades for when I get my tax return heres what I've been thinking:

3.33" Pulley (Should put out somewhere between 8-10 PSI) Already have this

Water to air intercooler (I've been looking at some of the stuff from
www.siliconeintakes.com)

Kennebell Boost A Spark

Bigger throttlebody (This is the main think I want opinions on I'm not sure how big to go with the amount of boost I will be runnng or if I should even go any bigger so please help)

Maybe a cobra Intake manifold don't know if I really want to get into that

Thats all I can think of so far before putting forged internals in the bottom end

I'm also really interested in putting one of those Gear Vendors Overdrive on it and then putlike 4.88's in the rear end but thats definatly not gonna happen this year

Boost A Spark is useless. Boost a Pump works well. You do not need a larger T-body at that power level. Check back when you crack 600 rwhp.

Looks like there will be no upgrade to the motor itself. Unless you want to spend the money on a good head job. Just go with the cobra intake. Better then upgradeing the throttle body. You got the bigger exhuast no for more air intake. + the intercooler air-air

Members online

No members online now.
Back