Sapperfires car is up for sale!

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a shock and people will try and talk him out of it but its like this, he wants a cherry clean Mark VIII and to get this one pristine..... well its too much work and money. It needs fresh leather and the body need paint and ding removal which will cost well over $3500 to do the two. Plus he wants a second gen car. He also has a family to think of so the plan is to get a family car now and buy another Mark at tax season.

The car still has a couple mechanical issues. One being the fuel pump is weak and the other is there is a small coolant leak at one of the heater core tubes on the motor. I think the o-ring didnt seat right. Also need to recharge the AC. So if anyone is interested let us know and we will see what can be done.

You guys watched the build and know what was done to the car. Car has a lot of fresh goodies and there is no rust or major dents on the car. Just a bunch of door dings and the typical 93 hood ring issue.

Here is the Craigslist ad:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/2114984648.html

I believe so. Looking back I am blown away by how much we did to that car over the last year. :lol:

at that price those three mechanical issues should be fixed. imho.

Yeah, you prolly shouldnt buy it then.

Ten years ago I paid 10K for my 94 Mark with 29K miles off the original owner, he wanted 11.5K but I walked up with a wad of $100's and made the deal. I still have the car...my hope is he sells the car then does right by his family then can buy his toy.

We may end up fixing the leak this weekend. Cant affor d a pump or r134 right now. Thats one reason the car is up for sale. Still needs some things and no cash to do it. Plus its x-mas and chit is just tight anyway. Sucks being broke.

Sooner I sell this house the sooner we can start our shop and not be so strapped.

Good luck selling a dam house.

I gave up and rented mine. shacked up with the GF to make ends meet.

Kids are expensive........

R134 is the least of the problem...I don't really want to sell the car..nor do I want to drop the motor again to double check the cams and replace a leaking coolant tube...but I'm
off Monday so that gives me 2 1/2 more days of busting my
knuckles on this wreck...if I can't get it figured out..I'll sell it, or set it on fire

it's got a dead miss and I can hear a valve tapping, they weren't tapping when the motor came out. That kinda tells me that MAYBE the timing is off a tad.

R134 is the least of the problem...I don't really want to sell the car..nor do I want to drop the motor again to double check the cams and replace a leaking coolant tube...but I'm
off Monday so that gives me 2 1/2 more days of busting my
knuckles on this wreck...if I can't get it figured out..I'll sell it, or set it on fire

it's got a dead miss and I can hear a valve tapping, they weren't tapping when the motor came out. That kinda tells me that MAYBE the timing is off a tad.

hopefully you will figure it out however if you decide to burn it I have dibs on the drivers side door handle.

What's different about it?

Seems like the Gen 2 has two wiring harnesses on it where the Gen 1 only has one and something else about the size I think. I could be wrong but seems like there is some kind of difference. I do know that on a Gen 2, if you were to put a Focus pump on, the wires have to be reversed where on the Gen 1, they wouldn't. Something must be different for that to be an issue.

Gen 1 pump OEM

getimage.php?imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordparts.com%2FPartImage.jpg

Gen 2 pump, obviously not OEM but Bosch also has two harnesses on it.

getimage.php

Here is the Gen 2 Bosch. Above is a Carter.

getimage.php

gen ones are boys marks the man's mark is the gen 2, because we are getting older and dont have the spunk to play repair games all day, we just get to turn the key and drive in style, you guys get to stand in the garage and bitch about fxing everything on them dinosaur's

gen ones are boys marks the man's mark is the gen 2, because we are getting older and dont have the spunk to play repair games all day, we just get to turn the key and drive in style, you guys get to stand in the garage and bitch about fxing everything on them dinosaur's

when we are not in the garage we are in front of you looking at you in our rear view mirror.

Members online

No members online now.
Back