REAL OFFICIAL LINCOLN LS OWNERS GUIDE!!!! Basic tips and info.

I don't know if you're still looking, but here are a couple of Black on Black 2006's.

2006 - 88,424 miles - Asking $6,400 - Located in Oregon.

Used 2006 Lincoln LS V8 For Sale | Portland, Beaverton OR

Cars for Sale: Used 2006 Lincoln LS for sale in Beaverton, OR 97005: Sedan Details - 456536892 - Autotrader

2006-Blk-Blk-OR.jpg

2006 - 86,705 miles - Asking ??? - Located in North Carolina.

Used 2006 Lincoln LS For Sale | Mount Airy NC

www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=456572169

No sunroof. Well the dealer is taking too long to get back with me. I'm looking for a 2006 (preferably) black interior, THX (hopefully) audio system LS.

Needs are:
Sunroof
Air conditioned seats
Black interior
V8

I could use the help

Buyer beware this LS. I looked at it in person, got some weird engine problems the dealer acts hush hush about. Had a weird knock and a rough idle, codes seemed recently cleared.

Thanks for the heads up on this car Joshawa.

Buyer beware this LS. I looked at it in person, got some weird engine problems the dealer acts hush hush about. Had a weird knock and a rough idle, codes seemed recently cleared.

Congrats on your new LS. What did you end up finding, tell us more about it.

Congrats on your new LS. What did you end up finding, tell us more about it.

oh I've had her for a little bit now, its an 03 v8 sport and it had 74,000 when i got it. It came from North Dakota (Im in south Chicago burbs). For being a winter car it has ZERO rust at all, really love it. It had a TMC squeak as rigs calls it, so i changed the control arms. Nothing wrong in the Engine though. I bought it because it has all the paperwork proving proper maintenance at ford dealerships since the day it was bought, which is a major plus when buying a used car obviously, it was treated well too ~ First owner was a lil old lady, second was a cop with a take home car, third was an ex-military private security guy who was given a work car, and now the fourth is me. All three of those people are the kinds of people who take care of (at least) their cars, or at least the fit the stereotype.

The LS is obviously known for the bad trans solenoids, and 1,000 miles before i bought the car, the guy I bought it from had that changed at a ford his family owned, so I know it got treated well. Ill throw some pics below, it has a bit of hail damage and a couple dings, but nothing where the paint is totally scratched and gonna rust. and to be honest if it hails here (which it probably will eventually) ill take the insurance money and pay off the loan, and go to some paintless dent removal place.

Also since getting this car (the first car I've REALLY loved) I've almost been hit in it nearly 4 times, and I'm glad I have a dashcam because people can be idiots haha. Ooh another two things I fixed were the buttons in the middle for the display, the harness broke so i super glued it back in, and I fixed the hose coming off of the moon roof. I need to get the rear driver window track motor and regulator replaced soon because when they tinted the car they didn't put it back right so the rear window doesnt go all the way up, leaving a little fingertip length sometimes. but that's no biggie. Loving my LS :)

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3692.JPG

Very nice, black on black. What town in ND was it located and did they have it listed on CL in the Chicago area or did you search out into other areas looking for a LS? And if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for it?

The guy moved to Chicago with the LS. Believe it or not it was Fargo, ND, according to the service paperwork. It was the chicago area, but I also searched in relatively nearby areas. In the end it was $5500, $2,000 in cash the rest was a loan. But the fact that the trans work is done would put it closer to $4500 because that was $1000 for the repairs there.

It had a Limo license at one point too so the windows are completely blacked out.

He carried the loan paper even, that must not be too common.

Hopefully the transmission fluid was completely flushed out after the car was bought new, as Ford was given some bad Mercon V fluid that was put in the 03's and some 04's I believe. We bought an '03 last fall with 48k miles on it and 2,600 miles later the tranny completely imploded. We ended up buying a new re-manufactured transmission for it and the best we can figure out is it may have been caused by the bad Mercon V fluid that was never changed out, even though the car had been serviced (not the transmission) at a local Ford dealer and this was a TSB issue because the fluid was lacking a additive and the Ford dealer never told the first owners about the TSB. It went out on the way to the tranny shop as I was going to get it serviced. When I first got to the shop, he said the solenoids go on these and ordered one before even taking the pan off. Well, when the pan came off it was not good news. I was standing right there and saw it for myself. Here is what it looked like with 51k miles on it.

LS Trans Pan.jpg

I have the receipt for the new fluid they put in obviously when they changed the solenoid

When they drop the pan to do the solenoid, that doesn't mean all the fluid was changed. In fact if it was done the way most due it that way, only about 1/3 of the old fluid was changed.

I have the receipt for the new fluid they put in obviously when they changed the solenoid

Well how much fluid does it take? Ill look at the papers and see what they changed. Like I said the guy's family owned the Ford dealership so I don't see them shafting their own family.

If I remember correctly it's about 12 quarts. I wasn't saying anyone was 'shafting' anyone. There are basically two ways a transmission service is done. The 'old fashioned' way of dropping the pan and usually changing the filter and how ever much fluid is in the pan. The other way is where they 'suck out' supposedly all/most of the fluid with out dropping the pan or changing the filter and replacing more of the actual fluid. People will argue which method is best. I'm just trying to share with you what was a issue with these transmissions. Whatever way you decide to handle it is of course up to you. Just giving you a little FYI about it, that's all. :)

If I remember correctly it's about 12 quarts. I wasn't saying anyone was 'shafting' anyone. There are basically two ways a transmission service is done. The 'old fashioned' way of dropping the pan and usually changing the filter and how ever much fluid is in the pan. The other way is where they 'suck out' supposedly all/most of the fluid with out dropping the pan or changing the filter and replacing more of the actual fluid. People will argue which method is best. I'm just trying to share with you what was a issue with these transmissions. Whatever way you decide to handle it is of course up to you. Just giving you a little FYI about it, that's all. :)

Oh, well thanks for the info! :)

If you're still looking, this may have most of what you were looking for, and it's a (Tampa area) Florida car. Asking $6,500 - 101k miles.

Used 2006 Lincoln LS For Sale | Spring Hill FL

Cars for Sale: Used 2006 Lincoln LS for sale in Spring Hill, FL 34606: Sedan Details - 459332749 - Autotrader

2006-V8-108kMiles-FL.jpg

No sunroof. Well the dealer is taking too long to get back with me. I'm looking for a 2006 (preferably) black interior, THX (hopefully) audio system LS.

Needs are:
Sunroof
Air conditioned seats
Black interior
V8

I could use the help

Hello LS page. I'm Spaz. I've had my LS for a year now. It has had a misfire and after learning about this site and spending a week reading and researching here. I jumped into removing the cover to replace my COPs and I got through the prev owners 6.5mm vs the stock 7mm .grr. But on the rear passenger cover the bottom bolt seems to be stripped at the threads. Not the head of the bolt but the actual thread it's self. I spun n spun n spun foran hour last night! Nada. Anyone have tips pertaining to removing this bolt. I've tried lifting on the cover while turning and vice grips but I can't seem to get it started! As well as a broken clip on the wires. Prev owner used medical tape to keep it together. I'm shocked it lasted a while year like that.
Then on the driver side the first coil s retaining bolt was sheared off. I don't want to tap it out and get metal anywhere it shouldn't be. Someone at work said he had the same thing happen on his 03 . he used a wad of JB weld on top and was able to turn it out. I hate introducing myself with issues. But I'm at a loss here.

Hello LS page. I'm Spaz. ...

You really should start your own thread on this, as it really doesn't relate to this thread.

You can cut the bolt head off, or carefully pry the cover off with the bolt and insert. Your problem is that the insert (in the valve cover) has come loose and is spinning with the bolt. Since it is spinning, it should be reasonable to just pull it straight up and out. At the worse case, if you break the coil cover it is not a tragic. You can run without it or you can get one from a junkyard.

You really should start your own thread on this, as it really doesn't relate to this thread.

I think this would be general knowledge for owning and repairing LSs. I know i cant be the only one that's had this issue and prob wont be the last. Plus i was under the impression that posting a whole new thread for something as common as a Helicoil would be asking for many responses stating this has been covered 100x already.

I think this would be general knowledge for owning and repairing LSs. I know i cant be the only one that's had this issue and prob wont be the last. Plus i was under the impression that posting a whole new thread for something as common as a Helicoil would be asking for many responses stating this has been covered 100x already.

Helicoil is not going to work well in the plastic valve cover. If you insist on not starting a new thread, then find one that relates to your problem (there are a few).
You can epoxy a new insert in, or just go without that bolt. The coil covers are more cosmetic than anything else.

Oh, the issue is fixed! You were absolutely correct and i was able to pop the cover right off.Thank you.
Didn't mean for any confusion. I meant the threaded insert when i referred to the heli coil. We use similar inserts to mount remote systems on machinery.
Again, i thought this would be considered a decent common TIP for ALL LS owners! It relates more than "low mile LSs or newly acquired LSs" as posted above.

Fair enough. I still don't think that a Helicoil will work well in the plastic valve cover (yes, the whole valve cover is plastic).

I just responded to someone to help them a bit, I didn't pay enough attention to the subject of the thread. Won't happen again.

I had one of the bolts do the same thing, yanked it straight out no problem and epoxied the insert back into the hole and haven't had a problem since.

Fair enough. I still don't think that a Helicoil will work well in the plastic valve cover (yes, the whole valve cover is plastic).

I dont plan on using a helicoil. I was referring to the threaded insert as the helicoil. Heck 85% of the engine is plastic!

Members online

Back