Presription for perfectly legal 20% window tint!

They usually just squeeze and/or heat the bubbles (around here st least)

Uggh I just got my windows tinted (%20 in the back and the darkest legal in Cali in the front I forget the number) and some of the bubbles are not going away after 3 almost weeks. I think I have to get it re-tinted. They will fix it for free, I just don't want to have to take it back in.

I had virtually no bubbles the same day.

When u say lower, do you mean lower light transparency or lower as in quality of tint? I am assuming light transparency and am going to say no that it makes no difference. Even with lower quality tint, most good installers can even make it come out at first without bubbles. Now how the cheaper stuff holds up over the years is a different story. LOL.

I am gonna take a stab and say go ahead and have it redone.

Here in arizona cops can only write a fix-it ticket telling you that you have to remove it. I have 5% tint all around my car. legal is 33%. I have gotten stopped 2 times for it and got a fix-it ticket both times. But all I have to do is go to my tint guy and he writes a fake reciept saying he removed it and send that in. :D

Your cops are idiots then.. When I got my fix it ticket, I had to go to a local police station and an officer had to come outside and make sure I stripped my tint then he signed the ticket n sent it in. I plan on getting retinted but I am tired of spending $50 just to rip it right off again when I get pulled over again.. Front two windows cant be tinted at all, of course ws cant be either.

Correction: front two windows can be tinted but the tint can only go from the top of the window down 4"? inchs, they usually say as low as your flip down visor goes.. lol in 23 years of living in MI I have only seen a handful of people that actually have their windows tinted that way, pretty funny.

I live in Minnesota and have 20% tint in the rear windows, 40% tint in the front. I have owned the car since mid 2003 and have never been pulled over for tint. The four times I have been pulled over I open all the windows and turn on the interior lights before the officer approaches the car. I figure I am not a target for two reasons. First the front is 40% tint with only the back being 20% so it does not look too dark all around. Second because I my car is a Light Parchment Gold color, the tint does not look overly dark like it would on a black car.

Good luck!

My tint is illegal in Illinios and every other state too. Front doors 5% and the back doors rear window 1%. I have been pulled over twice. Both times got written warnings. It simplely comes down to the fact I am 41yrs old and have a clean driving record and no criminal backround. Most of the time my LS is profiled. I get followed a LOT. They run my plates and go away. In my case. I feel it has paid to be good.

My tint is illegal in Illinios and every other state too. Front doors 5% and the back doors rear window 1%. I have been pulled over twice. Both times got written warnings. It simplely comes down to the fact I am 41yrs old and have a clean driving record and no criminal backround. Most of the time my LS is profiled. I get followed a LOT. They run my plates and go away. In my case. I feel it has paid to be good.

In MI they "cant run plates" unless they pull you over... :rolleyes:

Therefore they just pull you over and say "hey you have a license plate bulb out" ... go home later its fine Lol.

Therefore they just pull you over and say "hey you have a license plate bulb out" ... go home later its fine Lol.

:lol:thats crazy:lol:

That sounds good Rollin but move to my part of Ohio and register your plates. I too am 41 and have zero points on my driving record and no criminal past. 5% tint would not fly and I know it.

i almost think i should go to the cop shop and physically show them the prescription just so they know ahead of time and then hopefully i wont get pulled over nearly as much but idk what i plan on doing yet.

Are you sure about that? That seems odd to me. Also you could always plate your car out of a state that allows front window tint. All it takes is a monthly bill being mailed to a family members house that lives there.

i almost think i should go to the cop shop and physically show them the prescription just so they know ahead of time and then hopefully i wont get pulled over nearly as much but idk what i plan on doing yet.

The only way that will work is if they put a note under your name, saying you have the script, in their in house system.

Mines been cave status for almost 2 years now without being pulled over. Is there a pay to play where instead of peeling and tinting again there's a fine? Knock on wood I haven't been pulled over once in this car, searched at the border but never pulled over.

The only way that will work is if they put a note under your name, saying you have the script, in their in house system.

And we all know that is not happening. I accept that I am gonna get pulled intermittently. No biggie.

Growing up in a small town in Georgia with my Dad being a cop, Mom a 911 Dispatcher and Step-Dad being an EMT and Firefighter I got harassed non-stop before and after the State Law went back into effect in 2005. I had 5% all the way around on my Cougar and eventually had to rip it off because I would get stopped the second I hit city limits, even though I was in the process of having it re-done in the 2 week period that it went into effect. I got stopped twice on my way to the tint guy in the next town over, so I turned around and ripped it off myself because I was so pissed that the second cop knew I had just gotten pulled over for it and gave me $300 ticket! :mad: (of course it got dropped because my Dad ripped it up in front of the Cheif and said it was harassment, which it was because that said cop would pull me over just to say "hi" and see what I was doing..BTW I am a girl.. and he got demoted to a probation officer lol) I never knew how much I needed window tint after that.. I would get blinded at night but sucked it up and dealt with it. Now that I have contacts it's even worse.. I was thinking about getting a prescription from my eye doctor but figured it wouldn't help or he wouldn't do it and laugh at me.. but now that I am seeing a new doctor and got rid of my POS cougar and have my LS I'm seriously thinking about asking him. If it's even slightly over cast I have a hard time seeing if I don't have my sun glasses.. and I'm tired of paying over $150 for sun glasses when they get broken and lost.. thanks to my wonderful 3 year old lol. I've been researching the tint law and I just found out that I can't tint my windshield unless it's the first 6 inches from top and that looks too "ricer" for the LS in my opinion.. I've never seen it on one and I don't think it would look flattering.. unless the prescription voids that too. I think this law is the utmost ridiculous one ever!!! The window tint now it 32% all the way around on a Sedan but you can have any percentage on a truck or SUV as long as the driver and passenger side doesn't go below 32%

I just found out that I can't tint my windshield unless it's the first 6 inches from top and that looks too "ricer" for the LS in my opinion.. I've never seen it on one and I don't think it would look flattering..

2h51eae.gif

Doesnt look ricerish at all.

I like that.. but my car is white.. I didn't think It would look too bad, but I was still unsure lol

Growing up in a small town in Georgia with my Dad being a cop, Mom a 911 Dispatcher and Step-Dad being an EMT and Firefighter I got harassed non-stop before and after the State Law went back into effect in 2005. I had 5% all the way around on my Cougar and eventually had to rip it off because I would get stopped the second I hit city limits, even though I was in the process of having it re-done in the 2 week period that it went into effect. I got stopped twice on my way to the tint guy in the next town over, so I turned around and ripped it off myself because I was so pissed that the second cop knew I had just gotten pulled over for it and gave me $300 ticket! :mad: (of course it got dropped because my Dad ripped it up in front of the Cheif and said it was harassment, which it was because that said cop would pull me over just to say "hi" and see what I was doing..BTW I am a girl.. and he got demoted to a probation officer lol) I never knew how much I needed window tint after that.. I would get blinded at night but sucked it up and dealt with it. Now that I have contacts it's even worse.. I was thinking about getting a prescription from my eye doctor but figured it wouldn't help or he wouldn't do it and laugh at me.. but now that I am seeing a new doctor and got rid of my POS cougar and have my LS I'm seriously thinking about asking him. If it's even slightly over cast I have a hard time seeing if I don't have my sun glasses.. and I'm tired of paying over $150 for sun glasses when they get broken and lost.. thanks to my wonderful 3 year old lol. I've been researching the tint law and I just found out that I can't tint my windshield unless it's the first 6 inches from top and that looks too "ricer" for the LS in my opinion.. I've never seen it on one and I don't think it would look flattering.. unless the prescription voids that too. I think this law is the utmost ridiculous one ever!!! The window tint now it 32% all the way around on a Sedan but you can have any percentage on a truck or SUV as long as the driver and passenger side doesn't go below 32%

:shifty: pics...

Members online

No members online now.
Back