Presription for perfectly legal 20% window tint!

Juufro413

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to my eye doctor and he gave a doctor signed prescription note for me to put tint on my Ls. I live in lame ass Minnesota where the legal limit is 50 all around and i was NOT going to settle for the minimum and im really getting sick of getting pulled over for anything more! I didn't think i could actually do this but i looked into it and did a fare amount of research but if you find a doctor that is known for writing these prescriptions out, go for it! soon ill be runnin 20% all around and the pigs can pull me over as much as they dam well please cause now im legal b!tch!!!

That's cool. Just wonder if they'll see it that way or still ticket you and tell you to fight it in court.

A prescription is not a free pass and id rather not be pulled over continuously.

Not sure if it applies in your state, but I guess the law here in ca refers to being able to have tint in the front windows but it has to be removable, don't know which those are then.

I have a similar paper because I give my mom rides and she has a skin condition where the suns rays burn her so she has to be shielded from the sun as well. A few cops have allowed it but one didn't and told me the removable tint thing, not taking it off though.

I have one and live in OH. I have been pulled 3 times by the Highway Patrol in the last year and had zero issues once I presented the prescription. Running 20% all the way around and 50% on the entire windshield. Each stop took less than 2 minutes from beginning to end.

I've been thinking about getting one of these. In Illinois the legal is 35. But I kind of wanted 20.

The only problem with going to get the 20 and just have the prescription just incase you get pulle over is that what if you get pulled over and you've been drinking. ?? Ugh oh prolly screwed then. I'm not saying I drive drunk. But occasionally I may drive home buzzed. I normally only do it if I'm within a couple miles from
Home. But still could get pulled over. I mights just settle with 35 for now. I'm 21 now. Maybe when I grow up a bit and drink less I'll get them redone lol.

haha,

I'm not quite sure i get the point your trying to present?

are you trying to say that buzzed driving is drunk driving? because id agree..

im not saying it happens often because i do care about my car and hate getting behind the wheel under the influence, but sometimes it happens. i live in a smaller town.. there would never be a road block haha..

the last time this happened to me was 4th of july,.. and sadly i do not even remember the drive home, or what roads i took.. when i woke up the next day i was like why am i home.. and ran to make sure my car was ok haha.. see its been almost 8 months.. rare rare occasion.. you cant tell me you've never driven after having a few drinks.. well maybe you can. but ill admit yes ive done it.

haha,

im not saying it happens often because i do care about my car and hate getting behind the wheel under the influence, but sometimes it happens. i live in a smaller town.. there would never be a road block haha..

the last time this happened to me was 4th of july,.. and sadly i do not even remember the drive home, or what roads i took.. when i woke up the next day i was like why am i home.. and ran to make sure my car was ok haha.. see its been almost 8 months.. rare rare occasion.. you cant tell me you've never driven after having a few drinks.. well maybe you can. but ill admit yes ive done it.

Probably what he meant

Like so.....

Buzzed Driving - Breathalyzer - YouTube

Hey that's me in the video. Haha just playing. Maybe someday. Hopefully not. I love LVC!

Here in arizona cops can only write a fix-it ticket telling you that you have to remove it. I have 5% tint all around my car. legal is 33%. I have gotten stopped 2 times for it and got a fix-it ticket both times. But all I have to do is go to my tint guy and he writes a fake reciept saying he removed it and send that in. :D

It's a battle we all face. Some are better at handling it than others.... It's tough....

Here in arizona cops can only write a fix-it ticket telling you that you have to remove it. I have 5% tint all around my car. legal is 33%. I have gotten stopped 2 times for it and got a fix-it ticket both times. But all I have to do is go to my tint guy and he writes a fake reciept saying he removed it and send that in. :D

So what happens when you run across the same officer? I cannot see how that would work forever without it becoming an issue at some point.

I would love to get one of these...

But my prescription would have to read "Condition: must be in a mobile batcave"

308703_10100250075234192_17128130_46056189_342080394_n.jpg

haha,

I have done it as well, then I got caught. I can tell you first hand it is not worth it. DUIs are the worst, especially in Illinois. It costs about 10k to get resolved, you will lose your license for 6 months minimun, and if you want to drive, you have to have a breathalizer installed in your car. That said, I have 20% on my car, which is illegal in Illinois but I have Afghanistan campaign plates so the cops leave me be.

So what happens when you run across the same officer? I cannot see how that would work forever without it becoming an issue at some point.

See also I live in a little town so I no all the cops. They don't bother me. And arizona doesn't keep records of there fix-it tickets after they are settled. I really did my home work on this.

Ask the Optometrist write it up as severe/chronic Photophobia and that it requires very dark tint on the windows and entire windshield.

That is if your state allows for a medical exception. :)

See also I live in a little town so I no all the cops. They don't bother me. And arizona doesn't keep records of there fix-it tickets after they are settled. I really did my home work on this.

I am assuming you must have been traveling out of your normal area when you got the 2 repair orders?

No darker than 25% on any window.

I have 5% on all, plus 30% on the windshield.

Jeeze. Night driving must Feel like your the only person in the world. If you delivered pizzas (lol) would you even be able to see what house has the light on?

Uggh I just got my windows tinted (%20 in the back and the darkest legal in Cali in the front I forget the number) and some of the bubbles are not going away after 3 almost weeks. I think I have to get it re-tinted. They will fix it for free, I just don't want to have to take it back in.

Members online

Back