Possible NEW OEM Replacement lights?

I'd take a set (you might need to PM me when/if they become available because I hardly ever get on here).

I forgot to chime back in on this. It will cost ALOT $ to get the first run done. So I am tring to work with the Guy to see if He will do 1/2 down and then let him have the profits off the remainder until He is paid up. He already has a set in hand to use for this project. Ill keep you guys posted.

I forgot to chime back in on this. It will cost ALOT $ to get the first run done. So I am tring to work with the Guy to see if He will do 1/2 down and then let him have the profits off the remainder until He is paid up. He already has a set in hand to use for this project. Ill keep you guys posted.

There's your update.

It has been over a year now. I'm guessing the possibility of this happening is a no go?

I am reviving this thread to strike back any more interest to try to get this going. I just bought a set of first gen non-HID housings off ebay that look to be in better condition than my current housings. I wish they were HID housings.

Absolutely... With decent HID housings going for almost $400+ I don't see why people wouldn't want to buy brand new headlights instead for similar money.

I would love to see this happen!

Well, I'm looking into the next best thing- either plastic chroming or vacuum metalization of old housings. There's an outfit here in KC that does this process.

I know someone who's a master at making Mark VIII headlamp lenses look like new, so I'm looking into the re-chroming process as an alternative to new housings. Setting up the plastic mold process for totally new housings is so expensive up front...

I'll keep you updated on the progress....

Count me in on this "group purchase", if it ever materializes. I'm sure no one expects it to be cheap especially first run!

I got excited at first then noticed how many pages of responses there were and figured it must be old..not sure what happened with geno, I haven't seen him comment on anything in a long time, let alone on this topic. If anyone could make this happen I would for sure be in for a couple sets, just have to make sure the quality is as good as oem (hid lenses)...don't want the chrome to be cheap and fade or burn right away or have the lenses fade and yellow prematurely. Also cost isn't an issue for me..there really aren't many LSC housings left..seems the ones sold are ones that have been recycled/reused through members on here.

lights

I,m in for a set of clear for a 95. I've been calling Sylvania Valeo for months,but never got a call back. If thats where you got a deal great if not Sylvania's # 812-523-5200 There in the mid-west I think I've seen their label on replacement lights.

I,m in for a set of clear for a 95. I've been calling Sylvania Valeo for months,but never got a call back. If thats where you got a deal great if not Sylvania's # 812-523-5200 There in the mid-west I think I've seen their label on replacement lights.

doesn't matter if they call back or not. they won't do anything for the mark viii anymore. others have tried.

That's why I'm going the re-chroming route. Talked to the company today, he's interested, but wants to see a photo of a disassembled unit, which I have in my parts shed. I'm going to fire that off to him and he said he'd get back to me next week.

He did say he would want to do runs of 50 or more, but I figure it shouldnt be too hard to round up 25 gen 1 guys to get a set rechromed.... I have 5 sets myself...

That's why I'm going the re-chroming route. Talked to the company today, he's interested, but wants to see a photo of a disassembled unit, which I have in my parts shed. I'm going to fire that off to him and he said he'd get back to me next week.

He did say he would want to do runs of 50 or more, but I figure it shouldnt be too hard to round up 25 gen 1 guys to get a set rechromed.... I have 5 sets myself...

So all you're trying to do is get a guy to rechrome the housings? Then you're still left with the sh*tty halogens lense (for those of you with halogens housings). If someone were to make a reproducion headlight many would be on board since all you have to do is click a button and wait for them to show up in the mail..but what you're talking about doing would require everyone to seperate the lense from the back which is not very easy..and most people on here wouldn't want to go through the hassle when the end product is just a halogen headlight. Now if this guy could make a clear lense on top of rechroming your original housing and assemble it all and ship it back then it wouldn't be a bad deal. Otherwise anyone could go to a local plating company and pay to have them redone...but rechroming isn't cheap.

Seperating the lenses from the housing IS easy... a $20 heatgun will do it.... I think Jamie even did it in the oven next to a singles pizza

Didn't Geno's shop burn up not too long ago? I'm sure that put a damper on all his projects!

So all you're trying to do is get a guy to rechrome the housings? Then you're still left with the sh*tty halogens lense (for those of you with halogens housings). If someone were to make a reproducion headlight many would be on board since all you have to do is click a button and wait for them to show up in the mail..but what you're talking about doing would require everyone to seperate the lense from the back which is not very easy..and most people on here wouldn't want to go through the hassle when the end product is just a halogen headlight. Now if this guy could make a clear lense on top of rechroming your original housing and assemble it all and ship it back then it wouldn't be a bad deal. Otherwise anyone could go to a local plating company and pay to have them redone...but rechroming isn't cheap.

the halogen headlights actually do a very good job with good chrome, a clear lens, and an HID kit.

the halogen headlights actually do a very good job with good chrome, a clear lens, and an HID kit.

I wouldn't have anything else in mine but my "like new" halogen housings with two HID kits.There is no comparison with the light output and I have had both. I bought mine new in the box and the chrome is original and never had a halogen bulb burned in them. Might look dated to some but I prefer more light than a clear housing that doesn't match the corner lens.

Just matches better to me and the light at night is way better.

Halogens-2.jpg

Halogens-1.jpg

NewHalogenHousings-11.jpg

I never see anyone show any light output at night with HID housings. I'd like to see some. This pic here is before they were really aimed good but now I have them aimed pretty much dead on. I'll get a new pic later with pure darkness outside.

Members online

No members online now.
Back