Pic Request; Gen two aftermarket exhaust tips

IMG_20100915_163717.jpg

IMG_20100928_150530.jpg

Cost vs. effect, not worth it with such a small cube. Plus I don't have a Mandrel bender as do not most shops.

I know, but when I make a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe, I want it to be 2 1/2". ;)

I was just in a smart-ass mood. :rolleyes:

Here are a couple pix from my Gen 2 with 7"x 3" ovals on 2.5" pipes.

IMG_5114800x593-1.jpg

I also have the tips cocked upwards a little to give it some attitude.

2-1/2" intake and exhaust Magnaflows to Chrome , Angle-cut , single wall ovals

IMG_4500640x480-1.jpg

Man Octane, everything you have done to that car has looked first freakin class. Keep up that stellar work, you got some serious talent.

Octane,
Do you know what brand your tips are? I've read through your thread and you say they're from summit, but I don't see them.

magnaflow tips on my 97, the cali plate was from the previous owner

You mean.....my 97........lmao!

you dont post enough here for people to realize it is someone else's car. i still say my 97 because people here know what car i am talking about when i say my 97. i'm suprised you dont come here more.

Shawn H. "Octane,
Do you know what brand your tips are? I've read through your thread
and you say they're from summit, but I don't see them."

Hey Shawn - The Magnaflows were from Summit. The oval tips
are a house brand and were ordered from a shop in southern California.
I cannot remember where I put the original invoice. I will get you
their contact info as soon as I find it.

Bill - Thanks for the props. You among others are my inspiration for
my project. Now if I can only get my butt to finish what I started - lol.

Ren

Now he's all butt hurt about it. On a side note, I wonder if he would take 2500 bucks for his car. I love the color. Too bad everyone that has this color on here has turned out to be a douche canoe.

I finally found tips I liked. I figured I should post them up. they are by a company called Ractive. I have never heard of them but the tips are made out of 304 stainless. It's pretty much everything I wanted and cheap. i got them here:
http://www.autobarn.net/raunextip.html

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

*bookmarked

Very nice. Even better if they have a longer one for those that don't use mufflers in the rear...

Ok, to officially close this out, I finally got around to putting my exhaust in. I used:
Cherry Bomb turbo mufflers
cherry bomb X pipe
mandrel bent exhaust kit
U bends
ball and socket
and the above mentioned tips

I love the way it sounds, not loud at all but a good throatiness when I get on it. I did have to modify the passenger side mandrel bend to put it where I wanted it. I think I did alright for my first real welding and fabricating project.

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

How do you like the way your new exhaust sounds? I think I am going to pull the trigger and buy those Ractive tips...

Members online

No members online now.
Back