people

Tiltedhalo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Sorry about this, it might be a little bit of a rant........ What is wrong with people in this world now a days?? About a month ago the wife's car develope's an oil leak over night, so I park it in the garage and wait for the weather to get better. So the weather gets nice and I go put it on the ramps and my oil pressure starts dropping out and its pouring out oil from the filter gasket, I get it on the ramps and shut it down. I pull of the oil filter and the dam thing is full of sludge- oil and SAND!!!!! blew out the filter gasket.
So I drop the front and pull the pan and valve covers and spend two days cleaning everything, doesn't look like any made it out of the filter, but I still wont trust it until I pull it out, the stupid thing only has 1500 miles on the rebuild:mad:
What is wrong with people? why screw with someones car.

How did they manage to do that?

I wish I knew how, the car is garage kept. We live in a pretty secure area and sometimes I leave the garage open, never again, my wife thinks it her ex- husband he has been fighting her for child support and he is pretty vindictive.

Odd. Very odd. The car was not locked? Sure it was not some sand that got in during removal?

If he did do this, what a crazy a-hole.

Rule #1 amongst men...NEVER touch another mans vehicle. If he did do that to your car then he is not a man he is a vagina!

Damn, that sucks - especially if sand was added on purpose. :mad:

I'd be plotting my act(s) of revenge, right now! :gr_devil:

did they sandblast the block or anything else when they rebuilt it? id be shaking down the engine builder, sounds like he didnt completely clean the block

Ya... if there wasnt a whole bunch of sand in the d/s head i'm not sure someone dumped sand in the engine. I'm with chicken on this one though.

NO, it was very much done on purpose. I built the motor and it was not blasted and I blew out all the passages, 100% or as close as possible build. I pulled probably a cup and a half of ultra fine white sand a friend that works with glass said it looked like glass blowing sand/silicate. Fine enough it washed to the pan and through the pick up quickly, but large enough to be caught in the filter. The filter was just getting ready to blow the bypass and that would have been that.

Hmm, that sux man. I guess its just lucky that your filter adaptor gasket started leaking I guess, so you caught it early, rather than at your next oil change.

Wow thats crazy...

Me and a buddy pulled the valve cover off his '88 civic once and found all kinds of sand and pebbles... we looked at each other and said "uhhh how in the eff did that get there?!? "

we threw the valve cover back on it and said a prayer and ran it for another day or 2 til it locked up tight... it was already done for when we took it apart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back