People need to read this, bad seller GMAN.

when this 'news' broke I had G's back.....now the numbers can't be wrong..sounds like the makings of an LVC class-action law suit brewing?
:joke
----
98BLKLSC, sorry I doubted you bro....it does suck having watched his build thread not knowing it would get sold needing all those repairs

I'm not mad. I'm new, so I don't expect to necessarily be taken seriously. And it's always one of those my word against another's. I know it's harder to believe when just one guy has a problem, but multiple instances are hard to ignore. Thank you for the support.

I bought a lsc rear bumper from him and had no problems. He seemed to me to be a stand up guy. but I don't really know the guy.

That was my impression at the time of purchase. Not so much anymore.

I've bought/traded a few things with him, the last not being as nice as I was thinking they were. But that’s my fault for not requesting more pictures.

Maybe he doesn’t care anymore or he's just in a low spot right now, I was a few years ago and pissed a few people off, It happens.

Contrary to popular belief, it’s our choice to keep our personal life “personal”.

I requested pictures but never got what I asked for. I got ahold of all the pictures in his Photobucket and went through them, nothing bad in there either. I imagine he just doesn't care anymore. I hope he has all the parts for his "new" CE because I doubt many members will want to sell him parts or help him out.

He was going through a divorce a couple years ago, if that was even true (excuses). If it is I can see why she'd want to to get rid of his ass, what a ****ing scumbag.

He was married to a Filipino woman and I'm pretty sure he has been for years. She was around when I was there. Hard to tell if they've had a rocky marriage.

All in all, he will never respond or provide any type of compensation for the car. I've accepted that. I'm slowly getting the car back to it's former glory, I just wish I had some of the money I spent on the car for parts.

sad!

thanks for the "fyi" DieselDan, i have not been real active on here lately, and i may have missed this news otherwise.

All in all guys, that's the problem with forums. In here you are just a screen name & unless you do your homework correctly, anyone can turn out to be a scumbag! You should've never bought that car under the rain. I wouldn't do that even if I knew I was going to die the next day. Not worth it. Problem with all this is that a couple months from now he can introduce himself as a new member with another screen name & we won't know anything. Be VERY cautious ppl! The internet is a very helpful place but very dangerous as well.

Hold on a sec, 98BLK... did you pay the $4500 first? ..... then flew out to look @ it?

97 Octane said:
Hold on a sec, 98BLK... did you pay the $4500 first? ..... then flew out to look @ it?

To clarify, I did not pay prior to arriving. However, given the circumstances and funding, I didn't realize half of the issues the car had and was told that many parts that were actually bad, were good.

And under rain, yes that is my fault.

Seems like after he came back from the Philipines to get his seat covers, everything started to go down hill. Thats what I got from reading the link or his build thread. The fact that he doesn't respond to defend himself means he doesn't care and is guilty.

Just so I'm clear. You purchased a 16-year old Mark VIII with super high miles of 213,000, that had a junk motor swap, and had a front end hit so bad the air bags went off?! What part of that description made you think this is the car for me and I'm going to fly on a plane to pay $4,500 for it?? Not to mention you test drove and looked at it it before closing the deal?

I'm not saying Gman is a reputable seller, but man most of this bad purchase is on you?

At least you learned your lesson for the next time you purchase a used car.....If you ever buy a used car again.

Ken

ps - I've been ripped off on the internet too, like most people have. Mine was with username SilverLSCcobra from this website. I paid for a set of rims that he never shipped to me. I paid for nothing. He disappeared from this website after he got my $250, and he had 2,000+ posts!! He was looking for a sucker and that was me.

Wow. Haven't been here or posted in a while and I'm pretty shocked how the tides have changed.... Seemed GMAN was everybody's friend and go-to parts guy after Jamie left the parts business.

Guess I oughta log in more often...

What the hell else did I miss??

I used to stand up for GMAN and got along with him but things have changed. My first dealing with him I sold him many cherry parts for dirt cheap cause he needed them for a project. Turned out most were resold for a big profit. He then sent me some free evap cans and I thought that was really cool but afterwards it was just a downhill travel. I know Jamie bought some CE wood parts that were represented as perfect but in reality were worthless. Sold Sapperfire the biggest POS Mark I have ever seen and then sold him a Cobra plenum for a ridiculous price because the part was needed right away. Also sold us an engine that was supposed to be already pulled but upon arrival Sapper had to pull the whole thing himself. Also any dealing with him takes forever to get your parts and they are never as nice as they claim to be.
Its kinda sad because I really liked the dude but the way hes been going the last couple years there is no chance I would do any business with him on anything.
Problem is he is not as savvy as he thinks with Mark repairs and does not properly fix them and then sells them for ridiculous prices. He also never properly represents anything he sells.

$4500 for a wrecked high mileage Mark is just nuts. I don't know if I am more surprised with his balls to list it at that price or the fact that someone actually bought it.
I can get you a nice still on factory air (new parts) 97 for half that.

When I sell a part or car its just how I list it. Case and point:

PERFECT condition. Not one single problem with 108K and I sold it for $3700. 1998 LSC

IMGP0563-1.jpg

IMGP0565-1.jpg

1997 LSC in near perfect shape with 158k. $3000
IMGP0293.jpg

Excellent shape 120k mile LSC for $2300
IMG_20130718_180758_422_zpse0b38f41.jpg

Damn nice 97 with 145k on it, $2700.
2012-10-29134541.jpg

Perfect mechanical condition 93 with 120k for $1500.

IMGP0043.jpg

And one unbelievably perfect 95. This car was beyond clean. $3000.

2013-02-25132529_zps03777bfb.jpg

2013-02-25132251_zpse87e6f2c.jpg

After reading this thread I called his Cell, he stated he doesn't care, says you had your chance to look at the car.
I've done business with him a few few times.
Once was when I blew my 93 up and a lot of the LVC helped me out and I got another 93 from him. The ONLY part that was good on that car was the engine - it lasted about 2 months. The entire rest of the car was shot with shotguns, machine guns, compound bows and finally scrapped

Next was a Cobra Intake and Moonroof Rack. The intake was pretty hard to mess up.. I drove to his house and inspected very carefully every little piece. The Moonroof was garbage

Then I bought and removed the engine from his 97 parts car.. still runs

So, in my experience, if you want something from Gman you'd better go to his house and inspect it yourself

After reading this thread I called his Cell, he stated he doesn't care, says you had your chance to look at the car.
I've done business with him a few few times.
Once was when I blew my 93 up and a lot of the LVC helped me out and I got another 93 from him. The ONLY part that was good on that car was the engine - it lasted about 2 months. The entire rest of the car was shot with shotguns, machine guns, compound bows and finally scrapped

Next was a Cobra Intake and Moonroof Rack. The intake was pretty hard to mess up.. I drove to his house and inspected very carefully every little piece. The Moonroof was garbage

Then I bought and removed the engine from his 97 parts car.. still runs

So, in my experience, if you want something from Gman you'd better go to his house and inspect it yourself
I think he will care when NO one here buys parts off him anymore. He's on my list and this post is easy to find here linked to his name forever with crazy bad feedback.

Multiple LVC 'vets' had bad dealings with G (over the course of many years), and it took a newby to shine light on the fact that he's a dishonest seller....good job newb, you prolly saved me a few dollars

Multiple LVC 'vets' had bad dealings with G (over the course of many years), and it took a newby to shine light on the fact that he's a dishonest seller....good job newb, you prolly saved me a few dollars

Most of us knew how he conducted business and learned not to buy from him anymore. Misrepresented items, shipping took forever or the item was simply never shipped. Part of the problem is all the buyers not leaving feedback on their dealings with him and just reminding themselves not to buy from him anymore. Every time a thread came up myself and some of the other vets would put in our .02 on what it was like dealing with this pos, if people chose not to read said threads that's their problem. This was just the first BIG transaction where he blatantly misrepresented a car and had a guy fly in from 1500 miles away. Dude should've never bought the car for that much regardless of all the "new" parts it had, that's his fault. But for Gman to do what he supposedly did just truly shows what type of person he is.

Why is it now everyone has a horror story about dealing with GMAN, when just before this everyone was fine, if you look on here deep enough im sure alot of people here could have a similar issue with another memeber. so that said, anyone can put a price for what they feel anything is worth, and if a person pays it then oh well, but to come on here and trash a person on a deal they agreed to is wrong, i agree with GMAN, there isnt anything he can say thats going to change the flow here, so caulk it up as lesson learned and move on to another deal. ive done deals with him and have had good results so i feel its a 2 sided story and people are only taking one side and running with it.

Why is it now everyone has a horror story about dealing with GMAN, when just before this everyone was fine, if you look on here deep enough im sure alot of people here could have a similar issue with another memeber. so that said, anyone can put a price for what they feel anything is worth, and if a person pays it then oh well, but to come on here and trash a person on a deal they agreed to is wrong, i agree with GMAN, there isnt anything he can say thats going to change the flow here, so caulk it up as lesson learned and move on to another deal. ive done deals with him and have had good results so i feel its a 2 sided story and people are only taking one side and running with it.

Well what do you expect? He obviously could give two shits about what he did. He's pretty much admitting guilt, if he wanted to make it right he would.

The only reason you're seeing it all now is because everyone's experiences with him are being put into one thread instead of being scattered throughout multiple threads over a 2-4 year time frame.

Last edited:
The least that fool can do is come in here and explain his side of the story instead of going dark and looking like a scamming thief. In addition, he told Sap he just doesn't give a sheet anymore.

yep, according to sap.... everyone is saying this and that and because Gman doesnt feel he needs to answer and appease everyone .. then he's a scumbag he's a this and a that..... real infantile and juvenile to expect some one to do what you want and when they dont to start calling names... whatever.

yep, according to sap.... everyone is saying this and that and because Gman doesnt feel he needs to answer and appease everyone .. then he's a scumbag he's a this and a that..... real infantile and juvenile to expect some one to do what you want and when they dont to start calling names... whatever.

Appease everyone? The op tried to contact him multiple times before he made this thread and Gman chose to ignore him. If he made it right this thread would've never been made.

This ain't just going to "blow over", Gman.

Ervin, all that the OP wanted was some contact from GMAN. He never got any, at all. Then, after everyone here heard the OP's story, everyone decided to share their previous bad history with GMAN. The only reason nobody said anything before, is because everyone individually thought it was a freak bad encounter, not knowing that GMAN has a crummy track record.

I find it hard to think that anyone here is making this up. How about you buy something from GMAN, let us know how that works out for you.

Dieseldan & dnsherrill, i have purchased items from gman in the past, he went so far as to offer to bring it to me in Laredo tx where i was doing work at the time, i have been to his home as well to pick up things, my issue is the person purchased car and drove it home and after it gets home he isn't satisfied or felt screwed, members here are saying car in question wasn't worth $4500.00, but many have paid more for a car and didn't get as much, gman documented on this forum the issue of the brakes so it wasn't a surprise, and then members act like he owes them an explanation for his deal with someone else, there is nothing he can say that's going to make a difference. whats funny is when its you're mark8 its worth a lot of money,but another person's mark8 it's always over priced.. plus ive noticed members here smell blood in the water and go in for the attack under the guise of trying to defend with name calling and juvenile antics.

Dieseldan & dnsherrill, i have purchased items from gman in the past, he went so far as to offer to bring it to me in Laredo tx where i was doing work at the time, i have been to his home as well to pick up things, my issue is the person purchased car and drove it home and after it gets home he isn't satisfied or felt screwed, members here are saying car in question wasn't worth $4500.00, but many have paid more for a car and didn't get as much, gman documented on this forum the issue of the brakes so it wasn't a surprise, and then members act like he owes them an explanation for his deal with someone else, there is nothing he can say that's going to make a difference. whats funny is when its you're mark8 its worth a lot of money,but another person's mark8 it's always over priced.. plus ive noticed members here smell blood in the water and go in for the attack under the guise of trying to defend with name calling and juvenile antics.
You can deal with him all you want. Others here see his track record and will deal with him the way they want to. As in NOT dealing with him. Remember old saying "even a broken clock is right 2 times a day".

i bought some stuff from gman. tail lights and wheels. i got everything as advertised. shipping was slow, but i wasn't in a rush. i contacted him a few times to make sure things were still moving along until i got my stuff.

this was a while ago though, as things have certainly seemed to have gone down hill since then.

OP, It would be presumtuous for us to say what the outcome would be if the scenario played itself differently but, what if, given the chance to do a hypothetical Do-Over, under the same circumstance with you arriving there under inclement weather,

...........what would you do different this time around on making this purchase?

I don't know "G" very well and never bought anything off him but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.
If everyone here had bad dealings with "G" maybe they could have spoke up before now and maybe 98BLKLSC would have thought twice or maybe looked a little closer at it when he got there. He's not the only one that charges to much for cars and takes to long to ship or sells suspect parts.
I'm not trying to defend Gman at all and I will not attempt to buy anything off him after reading this thread, just because. Maybe there should be a thread started called "Do not buy off this seller" or something like that and other names will be added as well. It would give everyone a heads up on who NOT to buy off of. Just a thought!
I know I would like to know who to trust and who is a suspected seller or scammer. I would also like to hear everyone's thought's on the suspected seller or scammer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back