People need to read this, bad seller GMAN.

Dieseldan & dnsherrill, i have purchased items from gman in the past, he went so far as to offer to bring it to me in Laredo tx where i was doing work at the time, i have been to his home as well to pick up things, my issue is the person purchased car and drove it home and after it gets home he isn't satisfied or felt screwed, members here are saying car in question wasn't worth $4500.00, but many have paid more for a car and didn't get as much, gman documented on this forum the issue of the brakes so it wasn't a surprise, and then members act like he owes them an explanation for his deal with someone else, there is nothing he can say that's going to make a difference. whats funny is when its you're mark8 its worth a lot of money,but another person's mark8 it's always over priced.. plus ive noticed members here smell blood in the water and go in for the attack under the guise of trying to defend with name calling and juvenile antics.

Ok Ervin, good points but this was a year or so ago right? Seems like its been recently that his sales tactics have gone down hill. This is just a hypothetical, but let's say he was selling some Speedstars right now, for $300 plus shipping, would you honestly say you would buy it from him after reading all these posts? I know I wouldn't want to take that chance, but that's just me.

And just to throw this out there. On a personal level I like Greg. Hes a good guy, funny and thoughtful and not an idiot. On a business level, hes just too shady. We all make mistakes, hell I have had trouble with a sale or two on here where I wasn't at fault but would do whatever it took to make them happy.

Two that come to mind were the same person (who I will not name) but I sent him some brand new SCP door moldings that somehow never showed up so I never charged him. I then sold some headlights that were very nice but they were nearly destroyed during shipping. Looked like the box was used to hold a car up. Shipping payed him back for some and had he asked me to pay for the difference I would have done so because he is a good guy and I should have insured them for more.

Crap happens and I do what I can to help, even if its just contacting the dude.

Had GMAN just spoken to the cars buyer I am sure it would have just ended there and other members singular bad dealings with him would have remained hidden within their individual threads. Problem is he never once tried to get back in touch with the buyer and that to me screams that he knew he did wrong. If he thought he was on the up and up he would have just called the guy back and pointed out it was sold AS-IS at bear minimum. I somehow get the feeling that the car was not as described and the weather worked to his advantage to hide the poor paint finnish.

Hell the Benz I sold a couple months ago lost its trans two weeks after I sold it. Never had a hint of issue before that but I still hooked the guy up and got his issues resolved for pennies on the dollar instead of just leaving him high and dry. Did I have to do it? No. Was it the right thing to do? Yes.

Laser, your gray Mark Viii with the black Speedstars is probably one of the hottest Marks I'd ever seen, so beautiful. One day mine will be as bad ass. You're a good guy for hooking up the Benz guy, man that really sucks that his tranny went out.

uh yes i would still buy from Greg, i wouldnt hesitate a bit,BUT im not an emotional buyer and i do my research before committing to a purchase. i personally saw the car in question in the driveway of gmans home before it was sold and it was a nice looking car,maybe not $4500.00 but its open to interpretation,i agree this should be locked so people can move on from it, its still the same people who are crying and whining anyway. i spoke to gman about it,i see his point of not replying to this forum because frankly ,and this is my statement and not his, he doesnt owe an explanation to any of you outside of the person who purchased the car, i only replied to this because i feel greg is a good guy and the derogatory name calling shows the level this forum has sunk down to. im done on this topic, the moderator should have locked it long ago. i have better things to do than bash on someone . have a safe day.

uh yes i would still buy from Greg, i wouldnt hesitate a bit,BUT im not an emotional buyer and i do my research before committing to a purchase. i personally saw the car in question in the driveway of gmans home before it was sold and it was a nice looking car,maybe not $4500.00 but its open to interpretation,i agree this should be locked so people can move on from it, its still the same people who are crying and whining anyway. i spoke to gman about it,i see his point of not replying to this forum because frankly ,and this is my statement and not his, he doesnt owe an explanation to any of you outside of the person who purchased the car, i only replied to this because i feel greg is a good guy and the derogatory name calling shows the level this forum has sunk down to. im done on this topic, the moderator should have locked it long ago. i have better things to do than bash on someone . have a safe day.

So has he decided to finally contact the op? Or is he just going to continue to ignore him?

If you think this forum has sunk to some sort of new low I suggest you visit .org, they'll welcome you with open arms.

Lownslowlsc, i guess youre the self proclaimed moderator? as i stated, im not speaking for greg, he will do whatever he thinks, if he chooses to contact the buyer then thats on him. as for youre suggestion i go to .org, my point exactly.

While I am all for closing threads normally, I think this one needs to stay around. Not to drag this through the mud some more, but to let people know what has happened.

I've had trouble on here before but it got worked out and all is good.

The car obviously had KNOWN issues but werent disclosed. That's a problem

Lownslowlsc, i guess youre the self proclaimed moderator? as i stated, im not speaking for greg, he will do whatever he thinks, if he chooses to contact the buyer then thats on him. as for youre suggestion i go to .org, my point exactly.

What would make you think that?

confused.gif

We are a community.
Communication is the key to resolve problems.
If I remember correctly you were thinking of buying that short block from Greg.

While I am all for closing threads normally, I think this one needs to stay around. Not to drag this through the mud some more, but to let people know what has happened.

The car obviously had KNOWN issues but werent disclosed. That's a problem

Just an honest question: Is there a reason this forum does not a "rating" system set up for buyers and sellers?

The internet/car forums are a great way for enthusiast like us and thousands more to keep our car running/beautiful/unique and on occasion establish good friendships. Not being able to trust anyone on here will leave a bad taste in people’s mouths and events like this bring down moral. I know others will agree, I just want to see more custom builds and meet up with more people.

Correct people should do research when buying from someone, But there are successful tools out there to help.

My .02

Why not just ban him from here?
I mean, he's already ripped several people off here. Shouldn't that be enough to get the boot? What's the reason to keep a scumbag like that around? It's not like he's going to sue you for banning him from a forum where isn't even wanted anymore.
Just help other members to save a few bucks and get rid of the douchebag. When he clearly states to Sap that he doesn't care, what good is he here?
This is suppose to be a friendly and nice community, nobody should be doing **** like this.

tl;dr I vote for banhammer.

I've had generally good luck with Greg except one time where it took over a month for him to ship an item, and no replies to PMs during that time. I did get it though.

It's funny (well, not really) how one post has turned into a torrent of horror stories. It's tough to publicly pile on someone, especially a guy who's been such a regular here. I avoided saying anything because I figured I'd be chastised for criticizing a "core" member of the forum. Plus, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. He did eventually give me an explanation. I have no idea if it was true, but what could I do? Of course the other reason I think some people avoided saying anything is for the selfish reason of not wanting to piss off one of the few parts sources left LOL.

Hell, while I'm at it, I thought Jamie was a MUCH worse seller than GMAN, and a total f*cking bi-polar psycho to boot. There, I said it. But he had the parts, so I kept my mouth shut. I think part of his problem was that he was letting his father in law or whoever it was do the picking and shipping. I usually got what I wanted eventually but I shouldn't have had to deal with the junk parts he or his FiL were sending me half the time.

I really do hate to see things come to this, but it looks like the straw finally broke the camel's back.

I've had generally good luck with Greg except one time where it took over a month for him to ship an item, and no replies to PMs during that time. I did get it though.

It's funny (well, not really) how one post has turned into a torrent of horror stories. It's tough to publicly pile on someone, especially a guy who's been such a regular here. I avoided saying anything because I figured I'd be chastised for criticizing a "core" member of the forum. Plus, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. He did eventually give me an explanation. I have no idea if it was true, but what could I do? Of course the other reason I think some people avoided saying anything is for the selfish reason of not wanting to piss off one of the few parts sources left LOL.

Hell, while I'm at it, I thought Jamie was a MUCH worse seller than GMAN, and a total f*cking bi-polar psycho to boot. There, I said it. But he had the parts, so I kept my mouth shut. I think part of his problem was that he was letting his father in law or whoever it was do the picking and shipping. I usually got what I wanted eventually but I shouldn't have had to deal with the junk parts he or his FiL were sending me half the time.

I really do hate to see things come to this, but it looks like the straw finally broke the camel's back.

I have been on here for 6 or 7 years and agree-I have spoken up at times about the way some treat others on here, how it can be very cliquish...I bought a set of HID housings on here from a prolific poster, and they were not as described-in addition, this seller decided after I agreed to buy them that I had to make my payment a 'gift' through paypal, so he got the full amount and I paid paypal extra fees for the purchase. When I complained that the condition was not as described and I ended up paying extra because he changed the payment arrangement, I got noise. Because he was one of those on here who is a recognized name, I let it go, since I felt it would make no difference to others on here if I 'named names'. Overall, I don't think it is as bad here as it once was as far as the internet bully atmosphere, it used to be much worse, but there still is a sort of subtle code that says if you want to be a part of this, you have to acquiesce to the clique. No offense meant to the many on here who only remain helpful and friendly to others, but some here make it a point to exclude others if their opinions differ, or if you make a point that they do not like-it then becomes personal to them, and should not be allowed by administrators (but it is, we all know that, don't we?). therein lies the problem. I do not advocate a big-brother presence, but I do think that many members here restrain themselves from being contributors based on the tone of some members. I've owned marks since 2004, and this is the best site for finding information, but, and I have said this before, you're mostly better off getting a FSM to answer questions about your ride, because unless you belong to the clique, you get a 'noob' label and have to be 'spoonfed' if you have a question. You then become the target of name-calling (like in this thread, btw) and that should not be permitted.
It serves no purpose other than to keep people from contributing. Having thousands of posts should not entitle you to spew invectives on others.

Just an honest question: Is there a reason this forum does not a "rating" system set up for buyers and sellers?

Because none of the ones out there for forums really work well and are easily manipulated and faked. I have one I can install, but trust me, it isn't as great as you might think it to be.

Just like the ratings on Amazon, if you think they are all real you need to get your head checked. Companies hire people just to leave positive reviews on their products.

Best thing to do is your homework, know a little about who your buying from and make a purchase in a manner that leaves you at least some measure of protection.

Last edited:
Because none of the ones out there for forums really work well and are easily manipulated and faked. I have one I can install, but trust me, it isn't as great as you might think it to be.

Just like the ratings on Amazon, if you think they are all real you need to get your head checked. Companies hire people just to leave positive reviews on their products.

Best thing to do is your homework, know a little about who your buying from and make a purchase in a manner that leaves you at least some measure of protection.

But it will help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back